Newbie here

Chat about anything football related here!
exhammer

Newbie here

Post by exhammer »

Hi. Just joined. Used to be on the books way back when. Never got into the first team but picked up medals with the youth team and had a career as a pro in the lower leagues. After hanging up the gloves did a coaching course and have been a goalie coach at a few clubs Bradford City my last one. Still follow the Hammers and go on a few of these forums once in a while to get the vibe of the fans. So decided to join up and give it a go. Been coming on and off for a whilw but seems it's gone a bit dead here lately. Any ideas why ? Can I make a suggestion ? Doesn't seem to be a lot of good debate on here these days. All a bit like Twitter which ain't what forums should be imo. Anyway might pop along once in a while and post something. Good luck to all and of cours
C O Y I

Newmarket

Re: Newbie here

Post by Newmarket »

exhammer wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:39 am Hi. Just joined. Used to be on the books way back when. Never got into the first team but picked up medals with the youth team and had a career as a pro in the lower leagues. After hanging up the gloves did a coaching course and have been a goalie coach at a few clubs Bradford City my last one. Still follow the Hammers and go on a few of these forums once in a while to get the vibe of the fans. So decided to join up and give it a go. Been coming on and off for a whilw but seems it's gone a bit dead here lately. Any ideas why ? Can I make a suggestion ? Doesn't seem to be a lot of good debate on here these days. All a bit like Twitter which ain't what forums should be imo. Anyway might pop along once in a while and post something. Good luck to all and of cours
C O Y I
Hiya Banksy . are you itk ? :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:01 pm
exhammer wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:39 am Hi. Just joined. Used to be on the books way back when. Never got into the first team but picked up medals with the youth team and had a career as a pro in the lower leagues. After hanging up the gloves did a coaching course and have been a goalie coach at a few clubs Bradford City my last one. Still follow the Hammers and go on a few of these forums once in a while to get the vibe of the fans. So decided to join up and give it a go. Been coming on and off for a whilw but seems it's gone a bit dead here lately. Any ideas why ? Can I make a suggestion ? Doesn't seem to be a lot of good debate on here these days. All a bit like Twitter which ain't what forums should be imo. Anyway might pop along once in a while and post something. Good luck to all and of cours
C O Y I
Don’t think it’s Steve tbh. He played a couple of league cup games if memory serves and our new mate says he never made the first team. Not Steve Bywater either for the same reason. Thought it might have been because of the youth team medals reference but he also played a handful of first team games.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Post by 9898 »

C O Y I
Debate? With this lot? Good luck. Full of pretend supporters. Aussie hammers? Go away. Hammer from Botswana who can't even write coherent posts? Yeah, real West Ham.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

exhammer

Post by exhammer »

C O Y I
:lol:

Not Banksy mate. I was a few years before him. Names you'll know from my time with the youth are Paul Allen, Dicko, Ev La Ronde and Barnesy who all made it up into the seniors. Kept in touch with some of the guys but you know how you lose touch over the years. Few years back was in London and got a shock when I hailed a cab and Dicko was driving ir . He was still living in Barking back then. Don't know if he's still there. Sorry to read what 9898 thinks the forums like. Is it that bad ?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

exhammer wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:34 am

Not Banksy mate. I was a few years before him. Names you'll know from my time with the youth are Paul Allen, Dicko, Ev La Ronde and Barnesy who all made it up into the seniors. Kept in touch with some of the guys but you know how you lose touch over the years. Few years back was in London and got a shock when I hailed a cab and Dicko was driving ir . He was still living in Barking back then. Don't know if he's still there. Sorry to read what 9898 thinks the forums like. Is it that bad ?
Hello mate . Numbers is just a cock and is one of the reasons a lot of the regulars fucked off and don’t
frequent the place any longer .

The rest I think is down to the advent of newer more instant social media platforms such as WhatsApp, twatter and , of course the bloody you tube channels.
The HC YouTube channel being the prime example in this case.
I just oversee the forum along with a couple of our more technically minded administrators on behalf of our owners (who you are no doubt familiar with) who are otherwise engaged earning a living .

I can only think of one current West Ham forum that is really thriving but due to its ott moderating and censorship it isn’t to the taste of the majority of our stalwarts that still frequent this site .
We always prided ourselves in being the only West Ham forum where freedom of speech both in topic and language was permitted (to a point) without fear of over moderation but all are welcome and I’d really appreciate all and any new members or ideas on how to attract em .
I don’t think the fact that the forum is of the Moyes out persuasion helps mind you but that what freedom of speech is all about no ?
Anyway welcome mate and any and all of your contributions are very welcome .
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:40 pm

Hello mate . Numbers is just a cock and is one of the reasons a lot of the regulars fucked off and don’t

The rest I think is down to the advent of newer more instant social media platforms such as WhatsApp, twatter and , of course the bloody you tube channels.
I just oversee the forum along with a couple of our more technically minded administrators on behalf of our owners (who you are no doubt familiar with) who are otherwise engaged earning a living .

I can only think of one current West Ham forum that is really thriving but due to its ott moderating and censorship it isn’t to the taste of the majority of our stalwarts that still frequent this site .
We always prided ourselves in being the only West Ham forum where freedom of speech both in topic and language was permitted (to a point) without fear of over moderation but all are welcome and I’d really appreciate all and any new members or ideas on how to attract em .
I don’t think the fact that the forum is of the Moyes out persuasion helps mind you but that what freedom of speech is all about no ?
Well, the new guy wanted debate (good inmo) so let's oblige him.

Do you honestly believe people stopped coming here is because of him ? Silly reason if so imo. Don't like his posts ignore them. Realkly is that simple isn't it? Unfortunately because of the lack of traffic on here his posts are possibly more difficult to ignore than they would be if there was more activity. Hope that makes sense.

So onto KUMB. Yes it is very heavily moderated, won't even permit the word "Scunthorpe" for example. The layout isn't as good as this imo in so far as replies to posts can't be "linked" like they are here, but there are some well thought out and incisive posts on there. Just a shame it's a lot more difficult to follow some of the threads. And of course because it's got so many contributors to the forum it does provide a more representative, and dare I say balanced,view of the feeling amongst fans.

This forum is predominantly "Moyes Out" you say. But should that really matter ? The purpose of these forums, contrary to the belief of one or two on here, is to encourage debate isn't it ? Surely the "Moyes in" brigade or the "fuck knows what I'd do" lot like me aren't so fucking timid they are scared off by a bit of rhetoric. Come along here and post your counter arguments would be my advice to them.

There used to be some really good and interesting posters who came on here. Frogiron was one you could have a decent debate with. He is a bloke who realised people could have a disagreement without getting arsey about it. There were a lot of others as well who don't bother coming on here, at least to post, anymore which is a shame imo. Forums are a very poor substitute for actual social interaction, such as at your chosen local of course but they are the next best thing and a very good way of discussing the goings on in the football world.

Any ideas yet on who the mystery Newbie might be btw ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Don't listen to him mate, every time I put Moyes is a cunt on here, I get banned.
I much prefer claret and Hugh or kumb where you get a much more balanced view.
Far to many arsewipes on here.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Post by 9898 »

Oh yeah, it really thrives when I didn't post.
Dont push it you toothless unwonder or I'll go awol again.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

9898 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:07 pm

Oh yeah, it really thrives when I didn't post.
Dont push it you toothless unwonder or I'll go awol again.
You didn’t go awol . I banned you you silly cunt .
Bring back Jonathon !