Bowen here to stay

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Bowen here to stay

Post by Ibbyham »

Has signed a 6.5 years contract at £125K per week until 2030 which by that time he will be 33 and NO BUY OUT CLAUSES.

Well done to the boards and Bowen love it here at West Ham.

whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Towie

Re: Bowen here to stay

Post by Towie »

Numbnuts will be overjoyed.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

deanox

Post by deanox »

Great news, he loves the club, and his commitment is brilliant.

Dec should've done the same, following in the footprints of greats like Brooking and bonzo, but tbh I think Dec's leaving has meant that we have signed some very good players this year and improved the team/squad also to me it is no surprise that Soucek is now scoring again.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Great news for all West Ham supporters

garnett

Post by garnett »

In an age where contracts can be ripped up at will, 6.5 years is a long time for both parties, perhaps he should have spoke to Kane about signing a long contract before putting pen to paper.

I would gamble he wont see out half of it.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

No problem him signing a long term
Fully deserves one imo
Although every player has his price if a too good to believe offer came in then the powers to be will make the decision.
Same at every club.

Pleased for the lad.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:24 am In an age where contracts can be ripped up at will, 6.5 years is a long time for both parties, perhaps he should have spoke to Kane about signing a long contract before putting pen to paper.

He probably won't. But the club have insured themseklves against that happening by giving him a large contract.b As we all know the longer the contract has to run the bigger the transfer fee that can be demanded.

Downside of course is that if his form drops off or he suffers a serious injury you get saddled with an expensive asset that can't be used.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:31 pm
garnett wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:24 am In an age where contracts can be ripped up at will, 6.5 years is a long time for both parties, perhaps he should have spoke to Kane about signing a long contract before putting pen to paper.

He probably won't. But the club have insured themseklves against that happening by giving him a large contract.b As we all know the longer the contract has to run the bigger the transfer fee that can be demanded.

Downside of course is that if his form drops off or he suffers a serious injury you get saddled with an expensive asset that can't be used.
The other downside is if he’s been a clever cunt and got a release clause included .
I’ve seen reports that that’s not the case but then again this time last week I was seeing reports that he or his representatives were insisting on a £48m release clause inserted .
Do we know for sure ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:31 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:31 pm

The other downside is if he’s been a clever cunt and got a release clause included .
I’ve seen reports that that’s not the case but then again this time last week I was seeing reports that he or his representatives were insisting on a £48m release clause inserted .
Do we know for sure ?
I imagine some sort of clause has been included. But I wouldn't expect the club to announce it just yet in case it's seen as some sort of Come on down message..

Tbh I don't think release clauses ara big deal anyway, other than guaranteeing the club gets a minimum tranbsfer fee. We all know that if a player really wants out he will get his way come hell or high water.

"
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Very unlikely that he will be with us for very long. As Whisky said, it just ensures that a larger transfer fee is guaranteed with a long term contract,.. wasn't he out of contract at the end of this season?
Suits both parties, Bowen doubles his wages and the board get a fat transfer fee for him
If he continues like he has he will almost certainly be gone next summer.. an England player playing for West Ham..... :lol: