Luton town v West ham united official match thread

Chat about anything football related here!
normannomates

Luton town v West ham united official match thread

Post by normannomates »

Moyesball is flying high.
sleighed his modern day foe last time out ...hes full on jock right now .

next up we face an historic nemesis...the mighty MIGS.

davie - boy has no previous experience of this fixture ... not that it matters.
he could have prime Messi at his disposal and we still come unstuck at the kenny

2-0 to the mighty migs

Clayton

Re: Luton town v West ham united official match thread

Post by Clayton »

I really do not like back to the walls football and 20 % possession, but if we are getting the results , and it appears lady luck and the footballing gods are wearing tartan for now and long may it continue . The fans who can stomach it deserve the results to be in our favour for all they have to put up with watching the Scots tactics , I for one will not be watching it , until Moyesball has left the stadium .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

It will be interesting to see the tactics we adopt against Luton. Like the other two who came up they do look to be out of their depth at this level, although they have played two of the better teams in Brighton and Chelsea. Both of whom we've beaten..
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:33 am It will be interesting to see the tactics we adopt against Luton. Like the other two who came up they do look to be out of their depth at this level, although they have played two of the better teams in Brighton and Chelsea. Both of whom we've beaten..
And in true West Ham way we will lose 1-0. 😂😂

Remember Forest last year? It always difficult going to newly promoted teams first home game of season they will be right up for it.

Warning for travelling hammers, there a train strike I hear on Friday so limited service.

I won’t have any such trouble, will take me a 20min walk from the pub. 😜
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Could Kudus make his debut?

We always seem to struggle unlocking defences but I think Kudus linking up with Paqueta and Bowen could change that. Maybe I got too much hope in the new kid.
COYI!!!

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

What the fuck is Norman doing opening the match thread??
Come on Ibbs, where the fuck are ya???
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:01 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:33 am It will be interesting to see the tactics we adopt against Luton. Like the other two who came up they do look to be out of their depth at this level, although they have played two of the better teams in Brighton and Chelsea. Both of whom we've beaten..

Remember Forest last year? It always difficult going to newly promoted teams first home game of season they will be right up for it.

Warning for travelling hammers, there a train strike I hear on Friday so limited service.

Never mind bloody Forest. I'm old enough to remember our promotion season (80/81) when we only lost 4 games all season. And two of them were against, yes, you've got it.

As for travelling one of the good things about Luton is the amount of car parking spece in the town. Shouldn't be any trouble for peoiple coming in by car. But anyone flying into the airport might have problems with the clusterfuck that is UK air control. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Following our 2 unexpected results against the idiots plastics club and the seagulls, we are now have a better balance team than last year as most of our department from GK to Attack is more balanced with good addition of JWP and Alvarez and looking forward to see Kudus and Mavropanos in action with the latter still short of match fitness as he is recovering from injury so likely to see him after the boring international week. Areola is a fantastic GK and should stay as our No.1 with Fabianski doing the cup rounds. Hope to have a new striker in our club by Friday but that 50/50 at the time of writing here.

Moyes has selection headache as all players are eager to play. Benrahma did well but he needs to be doing that every week, NOT 1 a month as I still not 100% confident of him playing from the start so more likely he will suitable warming up the bench at best unless if he want to start, he has to perform at top level as he did against Brighton to stay in the squad as now more fierce competitions with new additions.

Hope Moyes will use his tactics against Luton that will make us dominate the match and not sitting deep all the time. Aguerd is available after suspension but Ogbonna did well against Brighton so likely Aguerd to be on the bench.

Areola

Coufal
Zouma
Ogbonna
Emerson

JWP
Alvarez

Bowen
Paqueta
Kudus or Benrahma - depending on Kudus if he ready for to start but you know Moyes, he will probably start on the bench.

Antonio

This is the most exciting line-up and hopefully after international break to see Mavropanos in defence. Our strength in depth is getting stronger so that a plus sign for both PL and in Europe.

We have to be very careful on Luton as it is their first game at home in PL and they are eager to show their fans they can win this so we must not let them do a Barcelona with 80% of possession per game. We have point to prove that we are not a relegation fodder teams!

COYI!!!! whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

It will be interesting to see how Moyes sets up for this game.

Like Forest last year,this will be more like a cup tie,than a PL game.

I like to think we have a better side than last year and I think we have the type of players that can handle this type of game.The likes of Alverez,JWP,they will thrive on a battle.

It won't be easy,but I fancy us to get another win on the board.We score early and we could get a few more.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Towie wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:01 am

But we are not that "West Ham Way" anymore , we are a totally different animal these days mate