Bournemouth vs West Ham Opening Day Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Bournemouth vs West Ham Opening Day Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Now our Premier League season will start this weekend with no Rice, Scamacca, Lanzini and Cresswell (he is on strike after Wolves pull out of the deal), West Ham are finally hoping to get Alvarez done this week but he won't be playing for this match as he is just returning to pre-season training after a holiday due to international matches this summer for Mexico. Hope he may feature against Chelsea but depending on his fitness level. Squad for this match will be a bit flat and not confident, no thanks to Moyes time-wasting on dithering on transfers the whole July that was bloody wasted! If West Ham are in bottom 3 by end of November, Moyes will be long gone. I hope Flynn Downes will step up his plate and hope to match Rice's ability as he must have learnt from him if he ABSORB Rice techniques. Formation will be 4-3-3 and Bournemouth who has decent signing this summer compared to us will be a different side with new manager and players want to impress. Tough game so I hope not less than a draw. Not sure if Fabianski or Areola will be between the stick but you know Moyes, he will put Fab for the PL and Areola for the Europa Cup. Also hope to see Mubama start but will be on the sub bench. Good news for us that we have NO INJURIES so hope to keep that on-going.

Areola

Coufal
Zouma
Aguerd
Emerson

Soucek (c)
Paqueta
Downes

Bowen
Antonio
Benrahma

Hope to see Mubama play a part of this game. Let forget the black clouds that hanging over our club and be counted for this game. NO SLOW START PLEASE.

COYI!!! whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

andyginbrasil

Re: Bournemouth vs West Ham Opening Day Match Thread

Post by andyginbrasil »

Very similar team to the one we played and lost to, relegated Leicester last game of the season. We just need to be patient until the news boys adjust to the PL, ....so expect to see them around Xmas time if Moyes is still here.

JayK

Post by JayK »

andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:34 pm Very similar team to the one we played and lost to, relegated Leicester last game of the season. We just need to be patient until the news boys adjust to the PL, ....so expect to see them around Xmas time if Moyes is still here.
If we’ve got any new boys
COYI!!!

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

where are our goals coming from until (if) we get a fresh outta da box striker?

Benny chips in with a few, bowen may get some, antonio maybe , but that may be 20 goals between them. F me its depressing.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

brookingslovechild wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:28 pm where are our goals coming from until (if) we get a fresh outta da box striker?

Benny chips in with a few, bowen may get some, antonio maybe , but that may be 20 goals between them. F me its depressing.
I'm more worried about who's going to stop the goals at the other end :cry: . , the way our midfield is so easily bypassed .

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Ibbyham wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:21 pm Let forget the black clouds that hanging over our club and be counted for this game.

Good onya Ibbs.

Looking forward to the new season, whatever it may bring.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Clayton wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:31 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:28 pm where are our goals coming from until (if) we get a fresh outta da box striker?

I'm more worried about who's going to stop the goals at the other end :cry: . , the way our midfield is so easily bypassed .
forgot about cornetto and mypablo.....albeit neither will probably see more than 15 mins per match. Actually think cornetto might have some goals in him.
make you right regards midfield especially against the top 18 teams :D

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Pass the pills please
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:34 pm Very similar team to the one we played and lost to, relegated Leicester last game of the season. We just need to be patient until the news boys adjust to the PL, ....so expect to see them around Xmas time if Moyes is still here.
New Boys ?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

OZHAMMER wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:31 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:21 pm Let forget the black clouds that hanging over our club and be counted for this game.

Good onya Ibbs.

Looking forward to the new season, whatever it may bring.
Cheers
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.