West Ham Ins & Outs 2023/24

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: West Ham Ins & Outs 2023/24

Post by Clayton »

West Ham United reportedly could now sign Leeds United midfielder Tyler Adams .
https://www.hammers.news/transfer-news/ ... esh-claim/

Really do not understand why we haven't signed him already an out and out DM , thought he would also be a Moyes type player ( but one lacking height ) .

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:32 am I never thought that Declan was worth £105 million, but that was what Sullivan wanted Arsenal paid for him.
What I did find impressive was the Man City approach, they put in a decent bid and a fair valuation, it got refused so they moved on. Simple and decisive.
How many times have you heard over the years that West Ham have put in a derisory bid for a player and we were left empty handed ?
Maguire....45 million, Barnes 35 million, JWP 40 million, these were their clubs valuations of the players, touted about long before we put in a bid. FFS Declan s price was banded about 18 months ago, That's what Arsenal paid for him.
If you think the valuation is too high look somewhere else for fucks sake, stop trying to look like a modern day Del Boy and get some fucker in who can do the job you want.without having to insult other clubs.
If you want to bring in players who have played in supposedly the best league in the world and for their sins are classed as English expect to pay a premium.

We really shouldn't be surprised, it happens every window Andy.
I dare say other clubs do occasionally fuck things up, but from what I see they do try to better themselves and be as professional as they can be, they do try to improve.
We on the other hand are an utter shambles, for whatever reason (and we can pretty much guess what it is) we just cannot/will not improve.
One thing they have managed to master however, is their ability to suck the life out of any enjoyment we have left for the club. At a time when we should be on a high after winning a trophy they've even managed to sour that piece of happiness!
I know for me personally I'm at a stage now where I really don't give two fucks, who goes, who stays, stay up, get relegated, move the club to Milton Keynes, I really don't care anymore.
I know as you get older things change priorities change, but the one thing you always return to is your football
Well done to them for that, the one thing they truly are professional at is managing to suck the life out of the club.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Towie

Post by Towie »

palerider wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:19 am
Towie wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:38 am

Do you think we should pay £50m for him, he certainly not worth that now.
Just because our idiot of a manager wants doesn’t mean we should pay over the odds.
My take on it....

We've signed nobody. The season is two weeks away and there's a good chance we'll have the same start to it as last year because of Moyes and the lack of new blood. If he wants JWP just offer a sensible fee as he'll need at least that time to gel with the squad. It's all very well playing hardball but this should have been done weeks ago. We're getting desperate.

And the fact JWP is included in today's Saints squad against AZ proves they're not just rolling over. There was a suggestion that him being left out against Bournemouth the other day was a 'sign'.

So in a roundabout answer to your question, no, not 50m of course but 27m plus 3m add ons would to me have been a good starting place and should have been offered as soon as the window opened. We knew Rice was leaving.
And my take is, Moyes wants him, our chairman doesn’t puts in a derisory offer to say to Moyes I tried.

This is what you get when you have a cunt who wants tried and tested PL players, over a Technical director trying to bring in identified targets which if he successfully does, a cunt manager who won’t play them.

It a complete mess, which can only be solved with the sacking of Mcbollocks.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Towie wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:06 pm
palerider wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:19 am
My take on it....

We've signed nobody. The season is two weeks away and there's a good chance we'll have the same start to it as last year because of Moyes and the lack of new blood. If he wants JWP just offer a sensible fee as he'll need at least that time to gel with the squad. It's all very well playing hardball but this should have been done weeks ago. We're getting desperate.

And the fact JWP is included in today's Saints squad against AZ proves they're not just rolling over. There was a suggestion that him being left out against Bournemouth the other day was a 'sign'.

So in a roundabout answer to your question, no, not 50m of course but 27m plus 3m add ons would to me have been a good starting place and should have been offered as soon as the window opened. We knew Rice was leaving.
And my take is, Moyes wants him, our chairman doesn’t puts in a derisory offer to say to Moyes I tried.

This is what you get when you have a cunt who wants tried and tested PL players, over a Technical director trying to bring in identified targets which if he successfully does, a cunt manager who won’t play them.

It a complete mess, which can only be solved with the sacking of Mcbollocks.
On that we're agreed.

FlatCapDave

Re: History repeating itself

Post by FlatCapDave »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:18 pm Of course no one should be guaranteed pitch time. However any potential recruit is entitled to ask about his pwn personal development. The obvious question being “will I be part of the first team selection pool.. Also not unreasonable to ask what the manager’s plans are for bringing him through into the first team. If a kid feels the only opps he’ll get are in domestic cup games or dead euro group stage fixtures he’s entitled to tell us to do one

But I doubt if he’s demanded anything. Probably just more click bait rumour creation to drive up viewer figures.
If Moyes wants to sign him, then it should be a given he'll be afforded opportunities. If he's being foisted upon Moyes when he doesn't actually want him, then he shouldn't be coming here to begin with.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

FlatCapDave wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:55 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:18 pm Of course no one should be guaranteed pitch time. However any potential recruit is entitled to ask about his pwn personal development. The obvious question being “will I be part of the first team selection pool.. Also not unreasonable to ask what the manager’s plans are for bringing him through into the first team. If a kid feels the only opps he’ll get are in domestic cup games or dead euro group stage fixtures he’s entitled to tell us to do one

But I doubt if he’s demanded anything. Probably just more click bait rumour creation to drive up viewer figures.
If Moyes wants to sign him, then it should be a given he'll be afforded opportunities. If he's being foisted upon Moyes when he doesn't actually want him, then he shouldn't be coming here to begin with.
Exactly. Which is where we started I believe.

Now , tell me about this new fangled DOF system and how it works again ? :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Bring back Jonathon !

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Moyes is looking for a quick fix...... The majority of the players he's looking to bring in are either approaching 30 years old or are. Young hungry players my arse......

Another major problem is there are another 9or 10 played that will be out of contract at the end of this season and I would expect that they will be reluctant to sign new contacts because of Moyes.

Due to our recruitment policy we have another dilemma to replace them, at the end of the season. It will made easier that we will be probably playing championship football though, so no need to panic just yet.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

I wish someone would knock that scotch cunt out.
And that fucking dwarf.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.