Slug vs McDullard

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Slug vs McDullard

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:02 pm So some have dislikes of Moyes , others feel the same way about the toad .
Personally I detest the pair of em and the football is mostly dire from both of em .
Allardyce sacrificed the kids at Forest which may have affected a few careers .
Moyes threw a cup quarter at Arsenal which to me was as bad .
They have both disrespected our fan base when under pressure to divert attention from their own failings.

But trying to keep personal feelings aside , comparing the two isn’t easy is it ?
For me mate the iro ny is that since Lyall the two dinosaurs have been our most succesful managers. Allardyce inherited the mess left by Avram Grant and put together a side that got us back up at tghe first time of asking and consolidated our place back in the top tier. In fact if memory serves and he hadn't been such a bloody dinosaur he might have persevered with the line up he was forced to use when Nolan and Carroll were both out and which, if memory serves, took us to third place in tha table at one point. And Moyes has delivered two European campaigns through league placings. Perhaps we are a club that needs to have a dinosaur in charge of tactics to remain in keeping with the lack of ambition and drive from the boardroom.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:17 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:02 pm So some have dislikes of Moyes , others feel the same way about the toad .
Personally I detest the pair of em and the football is mostly dire from both of em .
Allardyce sacrificed the kids at Forest which may have affected a few careers .
Moyes threw a cup quarter at Arsenal which to me was as bad .
They have both disrespected our fan base when under pressure to divert attention from their own failings.

But trying to keep personal feelings aside , comparing the two isn’t easy is it ?
For me mate the iro ny is that since Lyall the two dinosaurs have been our most succesful managers. Allardyce inherited the mess left by Avram Grant and put together a side that got us back up at tghe first time of asking and consolidated our place back in the top tier. In fact if memory serves and he hadn't been such a bloody dinosaur he might have persevered with the line up he was forced to use when Nolan and Carroll were both out and which, if memory serves, took us to third place in tha table at one point. And Moyes has delivered two European campaigns through league placings. Perhaps we are a club that needs to have a dinosaur in charge of tactics to remain in keeping with the lack of ambition and drive from the boardroom.
What did your signature used to say ? Something about just because somethings always been done this way etc ?

I’m not saying anything you said there is wrong, far from it , but just like the above , just because we’ve usually employed 🦕 managers doesn’t mean we can’t yearn for better than that .
And I don’t think it makes any Hammers fan appear ‘entitled’ to wish for more .
I know that’s not what you were saying but I know it’s been mentioned before on here by somebody or other and I just felt it needed saying .
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:35 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:17 pm

What did your signature used to say ? Something about just because somethings always been done this way etc ?

I’m not saying anything you said there is wrong, far from it , but just like the above , just because we’ve usually employed 🦕 managers doesn’t mean we can’t yearn for better than that .
I know that’s not what you were saying but I know it’s been mentioned before on here by somebody or other and I just felt it needed saying .
Nothing wrong at all with wishing for something, and you’re right that’s not what I’m saying. But wishing for something whilst the present ownership remains is, I’m afraid, a rather forlorn hope. I think it’s something about dreams fading and dying. ;)

The only thing that makes some, at least in my book, seem entitled is this ridiculous “West Ham way” myth. I guess you’ve been a supporter about the same time as me. Do you remember,apart of course in one or two notable seasons, any golden era of wonderful flowing football.? Fucked if I do.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:58 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:35 pm

Nothing wrong at all with wishing for something, and you’re right that’s not what I’m saying. But wishing for something whilst the present ownership remains is, I’m afraid, a rather forlorn hope. I think it’s something about dreams fading and dying. ;)

The only thing that makes some, at least in my book, seem entitled is this ridiculous “West Ham way” myth. I guess you’ve been a supporter about the same time as me. Do you remember,apart of course in one or two notable seasons, any golden era of wonderful flowing football.? Fucked if I do.
Well , to touch on another thread , I never felt the same way about it that I do about the shit mostly served up by Moyes and Allardyce.
I wish I could explain it tbh …
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I hated his style of Football,but can I really knock him has a person.He gave me a few tickets for games including a Play Off Final. ;)

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Do you ever think the scotch cunt would ever emulate the 3-0 trashing Allardyce gave the front wheels at their gaff.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:33 pm Do you ever think the scotch cunt would ever emulate the 3-0 trashing Allardyce gave the front wheels at their gaff.
…has been part of my point . Moyes wouldn’t have even tried to .
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Newmarket wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:00 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:33 pm Do you ever think the scotch cunt would ever emulate the 3-0 trashing Allardyce gave the front wheels at their gaff.
Big Sam has beaten the Sky 6(Man U,Liverpool,Arsenal,Chelsea,Man City and Spurs) Away in the PL on many occasions,while Moyes has only beaten Spurs ONCE in over 21 years.I think his played a little more offensive since Arsenal,probably because he would have been sacked and the players have told him if we don't change,we'll be relegated.

h69

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:00 am
Maybe he shouldn't pick himself then

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

" The West Ham Way "..... A myth or a matter of perspective? I wonder how many under the age of 30 even use that term or have any idea as to what it is alluding to. I doubt that there are many even over that age that could really explain what the West Ham way really was. For me it is more like pre premiership nostalgia when football was more football first. Not today's version where football takes the back seat or at least is secondary to where one sits in the league.

As you get older the tendancy is to look back with nostalgia, we remember mainly the good, it was certainly that that got my continuous support for West Ham, we tend to overlook the dross. It could be the West Ham Way was a way we strived to be, entertaining coupled with success, we never fully got there, we settled for "entertaining" without the success. And we never got entertained every game either.

So really, after all is said, I can't put my finger on what The West Ham way really is other than a nostalgic feeling of wanting things to go back to how they once were. Where we can just be happy with the football. Today's game the package is bigger and contains more than what goes on on the field. And what has gone on recently seems like a far cry away from the pre premiership days.

Name one season this side of the change you would like a rerun! More if you can. I think I can say the Payet one (2016). The rest are blurs only remembered for how dull the football was..
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest