THE FINAL

Chat about anything football related here!
OZHAMMER

Re: THE FINAL

Post by OZHAMMER »

tassiehammer wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:43 am
OZHAMMER wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:29 amBuzzing :D
Did you watch it on Stan Oz? If so, where were the pubs that were packed with Hammers? Went to one in Melbourne for the FA cup final against the Scouse but fucked if I can remember it :D
No, I didn't watch it live, unfortunately. Had to work. I was furiously checking the scores throughout the match though.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:50 am
Clayton wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:07 pm
Get over yourself , I was very happy for the fans that have waited so long to see us win some silverware , it's a fantastic feeling , not sure why you feel I have to be though . And I'm not sure how not being over joyed doesn't make me a fan in your eyes , afterall surely we are all entitled to have our own opinions and feelings.
I got back late yesterday afternoon after a very enjoyable couple of days in Prague. Tbh I can't believe some are still complaining about the performance. The main purpose of professional sport is to win and that objective was achieved.

We can address and discuss our league performances when next season starts. In the meanwhile can't we just enjoy the moment ?
Come on Whisky just between us you did blurt out “Bubbles “ didn’t you ?
;)

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

There are many of us that are not a fan of Moyse's Football,but he has just given us one of our finest moments in our history.He has delivered something that every West Ham fan has craved for in the last 43 years.This is one of my best moments supporting West Ham and anybody 50 or under,this:will be their best ever moment.

I always said to my kids,I'd love you to see West Ham win something like I did and now they have seen it.

Thank you Moyes and the team for making that dream come true.

Hey,we will all be moaning come the start of the season,but the bloke is a legend at West Ham now,whether you like his style or not.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:41 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:50 am

I got back late yesterday afternoon after a very enjoyable couple of days in Prague. Tbh I can't believe some are still complaining about the performance. The main purpose of professional sport is to win and that objective was achieved.

We can address and discuss our league performances when next season starts. In the meanwhile can't we just enjoy the moment ?
Come on Whisky just between us you did blurt out “Bubbles “ didn’t you ?
;)
OK Dwayne. Just between us. No, I didn't. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

MalcytheIron

Post by MalcytheIron »

Been supporting the Irons since 66 so went to Prague for the game via Vienna with a load of other irons , no tickets unfortunately.
Found out Fiorentina returned 500 of these too.
A place near the main square wanted 1K EUR for a ticket wasn't paying that much.

Bumped into David James nice fella and happy to chat and take pictures.

Also saw Robbie Keane but ignored him as no WHU legend,,

So we ended up at the fanzone at around 6 and the atmosphere was amazing.

Think there were about 10K Irons fans there,3 hours of boozing and singing before the match and the prices weren't too bad for beer.
Toilet are got very muddy late on , but by that stage we didn't care.

TBH thought Fiorentina were the better side , but we contained them and got a lucky decision for the pen , although for me on the replay their defender Biraghi did move his hand to the ball.

Absolute bedlam for the penalty , 7 mins of can we hold on , then a good goal from them.

Cue chances and both ends and then our Brazilian magnifico puts a sublime pass through to Jarrod which he slots home despite a touch from the keeper.

So many middle aged Irons jumping around shouting and screaming and beer everywhere !

Unforgettable scenes that will live long in the memory.

Celebrations long into the night.

And let's give our Manager the credit he deserves too..

Fortune hiding no more.

COY European Conference League winning Irons !

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

MalcytheIron wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:59 pm Been supporting the Irons since 66 so went to Prague for the game via Vienna with a load of other irons , no tickets unfortunately.
Found out Fiorentina returned 500 of these too.
A place near the main square wanted 1K EUR for a ticket wasn't paying that much.

Bumped into David James nice fella and happy to chat and take pictures.

Also saw Robbie Keane but ignored him as no WHU legend,,

So we ended up at the fanzone at around 6 and the atmosphere was amazing.

Think there were about 10K Irons fans there,3 hours of boozing and singing before the match and the prices weren't too bad for beer.
Toilet are got very muddy late on , but by that stage we didn't care.

TBH thought Fiorentina were the better side , but we contained them and got a lucky decision for the pen , although for me on the replay their defender Biraghi did move his hand to the ball.

Absolute bedlam for the penalty , 7 mins of can we hold on , then a good goal from them.

Cue chances and both ends and then our Brazilian magnifico puts a sublime pass through to Jarrod which he slots home despite a touch from the keeper.

So many middle aged Irons jumping around shouting and screaming and beer everywhere !

Unforgettable scenes that will live long in the memory.

Celebrations long into the night.

And let's give our Manager the credit he deserves too..

Fortune hiding no more.

COY European Conference League winning Irons !
Was in the fan zone from around 3 pm heard they had to extend the size to accommodate so many up to 15-20,000
Was estimated in some quarters anyhow what a fucking few days it was another one forever in my memory I will cherish to my dying days.

h69

Post by h69 »

Clayton wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:07 pm
h69 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:16 pm

What a cunt. If you can't get excited with us winning a European trophy then you should not bother with this sport at all. 'Pleased for the fans...' are you not one ?

I've just got back. The best game I've been to in my 45 years being a supporter.
Get over yourself , I was very happy for the fans that have waited so long to see us win some silverware , it's a fantastic feeling , not sure why you feel I have to be though . And I'm not sure how not being over joyed doesn't make me a fan in your eyes , afterall surely we are all entitled to have our own opinions and feelings.
Actually it was your wording of 'great for the fans' made it sound like they were a group that you were not part of but you are correct, not being overjoyed at winning a trophy really makes me think you are not a supporter. Yes, you are entitled to that opinion but so am I so get over yourself.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Wouldn't by far say this match was the best I have seen or attended, but the shear joy at full time and the elation felt sure made it feel like it was.

It for a while shelves everything else.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

palerider

Post by palerider »

eskimo joe wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:55 am Wouldn't by far say this match was the best I have seen or attended, but the shear joy at full time and the elation felt sure made it feel like it was.

It does indeed Joe.

I never thought I'd see us win anything again in my lifetime.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

eskimo joe wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:55 am Wouldn't by far say this match was the best I have seen or attended, but the shear joy at full time and the elation felt sure made it feel like it was.

How many Finals are classics and one team really turns it on?Very few.

I said,I didn't care how we win it,just win it..We done it..Wednesday night will NEVER be forgotten.My kids will be telling their kids about this week and how special it was,like I was telling them about 1980.

I still can't quite believe it!

While I'm here,good luck to City tonight,make it an English double in Europe.