THE FINAL

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: THE FINAL

Post by palerider »

I too won't be watching. I suspect Terry's right and McDullard will park the bus for 89 minutes but that's not the reason. It's the AGM of the Pibsbury Dogging Club that night which as chairman, it's encumbent for me to attend especially as there's going to be arguments about the cost of the gimp masks I've ordered.

I'll check on here to see how it's progressing and counting the number of 'Moyes is a cunt' comments.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:46 am
aklhammer wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:03 am Felt sick during 2nd leg vs Alkmaar, not sure how much I am looking forward to the game, think it will be hard times during 90 mins, but our heroes will save us at the end.
I am not looking forward to it tbh.

Moyes will set us up to defend and I that will suit Fiorentina.

I can predict what will happen

They will go at us from the off and deservedly take the lead within the first 20 minutes.Then they will try to close the game up with niggly fouls and the normal sh*t from the Italians.

Moyes will be happy to sit on a 1-0 deficit till the last 10 minutes and try to get the goal back,where it will comes to nothing.

The Fiorentina fans/press think this is going to be a walk in the park,because they know exactly the way we are going set up.

They are not one of the very best teams in Italy,but are a good team.I suppose you would compare them to a Brighton or a Brentford,where a Moyes Team has failed terribly against.

I PRAY THAT I'M SO SO WRONG.
Don't think Fiorentina will try to close the game off if they go in front tbh. They like to play on the front foot and dictate play from what I've read about them. But they do have quality all rounf the pitch. Jovic (Haller's old mate at Dortmund) is up front for them, Amrabat, remember him?, Morocco's holding midfielder in the world cup, and Cabral is a very decent striker from what I've seen. Butr the bloke who worries me is Gonzalez who plays wide right and will, therefore, be up against Cresswell. Which for me is a worry.

Mind you, win lose or draw, I intend to take full advantage of Prague's delights. If we lose, we lose. And the beer is cheap enough for it to take the edge off any defeat if the worst comes to the worst. One of the advantages of being a pessimist is that the surprises you get are usually good ones ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

ToneLoc wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:33 pm
aklhammer wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:50 am Can't fucking wait. To all those going to Prague, I know you will give 1000% vocal support
Nah…… I’ll be in a titty bar, up to my neck in cheap Eastern European minge. As long as you’re packing plastic you’re “guaranteed” a happy ending 😉😉
:lol:
COYI!!!

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

ToneLoc wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:33 pm
aklhammer wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:50 am Can't fucking wait. To all those going to Prague, I know you will give 1000% vocal support
Nah…… I’ll be in a titty bar, up to my neck in cheap Eastern European minge. As long as you’re packing plastic you’re “guaranteed” a happy ending 😉😉
Unfortunately long gone are the days of minge in Prague....at least I suppose you can see what you're getting into now...so to speak

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:50 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:46 am

I am not looking forward to it tbh.

Moyes will set us up to defend and I that will suit Fiorentina.

I can predict what will happen

They will go at us from the off and deservedly take the lead within the first 20 minutes.Then they will try to close the game up with niggly fouls and the normal sh*t from the Italians.

Moyes will be happy to sit on a 1-0 deficit till the last 10 minutes and try to get the goal back,where it will comes to nothing.

The Fiorentina fans/press think this is going to be a walk in the park,because they know exactly the way we are going set up.

They are not one of the very best teams in Italy,but are a good team.I suppose you would compare them to a Brighton or a Brentford,where a Moyes Team has failed terribly against.

I PRAY THAT I'M SO SO WRONG.
Don't think Fiorentina will try to close the game off if they go in front tbh. They like to play on the front foot and dictate play from what I've read about them. But they do have quality all rounf the pitch. Jovic (Haller's old mate at Dortmund) is up front for them, Amrabat, remember him?, Morocco's holding midfielder in the world cup, and Cabral is a very decent striker from what I've seen. Butr the bloke who worries me is Gonzalez who plays wide right and will, therefore, be up against Cresswell. Which for me is a worry.

Mind you, win lose or draw, I intend to take full advantage of Prague's delights. If we lose, we lose. And the beer is cheap enough for it to take the edge off any defeat if the worst comes to the worst. One of the advantages of being a pessimist is that the surprises you get are usually good ones ;)
I am like you,I'd rather be a pessimist,because you will be a lot less disappointed if we lose.If we win,It would be the mos fantastic feeling.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

The way I see is this.

A..... We'll win.
And C, what the fuck happened to B.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Geo did a video with the Italian football podcaster about Fiorentina.
Interesting watch….
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

JayK

Post by JayK »

ToneLoc wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:38 am Geo did a video with the Italian football podcaster about Fiorentina.
Interesting watch….
I dunno about you but that still doesn’t fill me with more confidence than hope
COYI!!!

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Stayed off here for a while, glad I did.
Fuck me sideways, it's a 2 horse race. A final.
Both teams deserve to be in it and it ain't over till the fat lady sings.
Well chuffed for all or any hammers chat geezers who got a ticket, sing loud, and do us proud.
COYI!!!!!! whufc_crest
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

tassiehammer wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:17 am Stayed off here for a while, glad I did.
Fuck me sideways, it's a 2 horse race. A final.
Both teams deserve to be in it and it ain't over till the fat lady sings.
Well chuffed for all or any hammers chat geezers who got a ticket, sing loud, and do us proud.
COYI!!!!!! whufc_crest
That's fair comment Tass.

It's all about tomorrow mate.If we can win it,we will all be so happy.It could either be a late one(if we win) or if we lose,I will be straight to bed.That's how I deal with West Ham disappointment.

COYI's whufc_crest