Leicester City vs West Ham United Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Leicester City vs West Ham United Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Last game of the season what we all want to forget (except Europe), all we hope we can finished as high as 12th and above the plastics if they lose to both their remaining games by 3-0 each but more realistically, 13th will do if Wolves lose. Whether Moyes will put some youngster in the squad would be a good thing.

Fabianski

Coufal
Zouma
Aguerd
Cresswell

Rice
Downes
Paqueta

Bowen
Mubama
Fornals

Hope we can win this game to end as a high and more confidence for the Grand European Conference Final on June 7th which is 10 days after this match so a leeway for us to prepare.

Only 1 player injured and that is Scamacca.

COYI!!! whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

JayK

Re: Leicester City vs West Ham United Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

Moyes will go for it to help his old club out, 10 days til the final after this so he will most likely play his strongest team and quite possibly the team he’ll put out against Fiorentina.

Don’t expect many kids on the bench except Mubama and maybe Hegyi if he wants 2 keepers on the fuckin thing again.

I think we’ll win
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:28 pm Moyes will go for it to help his old club out, 10 days til the final after this so he will most likely play his strongest team and quite possibly the team he’ll put out against Fiorentina.

Don’t expect many kids on the bench except Mubama and maybe Hegyi if he wants 2 keepers on the fuckin thing again.

I think we’ll win
Pretty much every club , particularly in European games, names 2 keepers on their bench. Don't remember any occasion where 2 keepers have been injured or sent off in the same match so thge third keeper has been used though.

Now I've said that watch it fucking happen. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:57 pm
JayK wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:28 pm Moyes will go for it to help his old club out, 10 days til the final after this so he will most likely play his strongest team and quite possibly the team he’ll put out against Fiorentina.

I think we’ll win
Pretty much every club , particularly in European games, names 2 keepers on their bench. Don't remember any occasion where 2 keepers have been injured or sent off in the same match so thge third keeper has been used though.

Now I've said that watch it fucking happen. :lol:
Just seems pointless to me
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

West Ham 8 Newcastle 1, the season we came 3rd. Alvin Martin scored a hat-trick against 3 different keepers. The first two were injured during the match.

Although only one was a proper keeper and was back when only one sub was allowed I believe. Newcastle's sub wasn't a keeper.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:42 pm West Ham 8 Newcastle 1, the season we came 3rd. Alvin Martin scored a hat-trick against 3 different keepers. The first two were injured during the match.

Although only one was a proper keeper and was back when only one sub was allowed I believe. Newcastle's sub wasn't a keeper.
Wasn’t Quasimodo one of them if memory serves ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:18 pm
palerider wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:42 pm West Ham 8 Newcastle 1, the season we came 3rd. Alvin Martin scored a hat-trick against 3 different keepers. The first two were injured during the match.

He w@s. And I remember the crowd in the South Bank after he had made a pretty decent save singing “we all agree, Beardsley is better than Shelton”. Only one sub in those days of course. Alvin Martin’s hat trick against 3 different keepers will, I am sure, be a pub quiz favourite for years to come.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Indeed, yes.

JayK

Post by JayK »

I had a hunch someone was gonna mention this
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:57 am

I had a hunch someone was gonna mention this
Sorry Jay … has it given you the hump ?
Bring back Jonathon !