Massive congratulations for reaching the final lads.

Chat about anything football related here!
HamstasParadise

Re: Massive congratulations for reaching the final lads.

Post by HamstasParadise »

I find it pleasing when teams that have been driven to the brink of extinction by bad owners or managers, perhaps have had to play somewhere else or perhaps just dropped out of the EFL, are resurrected to some degree, to give their most long-suffering supporters some long overdue success.

Brighton, Coventry, Luton, AFC Wimbledon, Portsmouth, Notts County, Sunderland, Blackpool and several more.

Underneath our chosen colours many of us are all the same.

Although I can think of several clubs who need a severe reality check.

I’m now just awaiting Southend United’s bounce back into the limelight too. I think they have another fixture against HMRC coming up.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” (Mark Twain.)

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

HamstasParadise wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:10 pm I find it pleasing when teams that have been driven to the brink of extinction by bad owners or managers, perhaps have had to play somewhere else or perhaps just dropped out of the EFL, are resurrected to some degree, to give their most long-suffering supporters some long overdue success.

Brighton, Coventry, Luton, AFC Wimbledon, Portsmouth, Notts County, Sunderland, Blackpool and several more.

I’m now just awaiting Southend United’s bounce back into the limelight too. I think they have another fixture against HMRC coming up.

Criminal the way their fans are being treated mate.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

JayK

Post by JayK »

HamstasParadise wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:10 pm I find it pleasing when teams that have been driven to the brink of extinction by bad owners or managers, perhaps have had to play somewhere else or perhaps just dropped out of the EFL, are resurrected to some degree, to give their most long-suffering supporters some long overdue success.

Southend up for sale. Just waiting for it to go through from what I’ve read
COYI!!!

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

jameskel wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:59 pmNosher
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Calsopsie85 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:27 am Hi,

I'm a lifelong Manchester City fan on 37 years but was buzzing to see you reach the final last night. I've got some great memories of visiting Upton Park over the years it was mine and my mates favourite ground to visit whenever the fixtures were released we'd always look out for West Ham Away. My mate sadly passed away not long after our last visit together to Upton Park and it was an F.A Cup 3rd round game that was Felipe Caicedo debut for us and it ended 0-0. Every time we went we'd have such a top laugh and you fans are second to none literally and always made us feel welcome. He'd just bought a new house and after the game we ended up in a boozer and got talking to some West Ham fans and he mentioned he'd bought this new house and next minute they all went to a shop a few doors up that sold literally everything and came back with house warming gifts for him. He ended up with a toilet brush, 4 pack of toilet roll, a shower mat, a lampshade, some shampoo and a universal TV remote we ended up carrying it all back to Manchester. I've been to West Ham several times since with others but it was never the same without him he had one of them personalities would talk to anyone and people just found him funny and your fans treated us really well every time we went so honestly lads I'm so glad you made the final and wishing you luck and will be supporting you all the way. Up the hammers 👍
you do know none those bog rolls would have been paid for? :) ..for us older lot there is a special bond and i personally have always had a soft for Man City, cemented with the 81 FA CUP FINAL/REPLAY..i was only 15 but i still remember that Man City team with fondness....sorry to hear about your pal, losing lifelong friends is tough to deal with. all the best goodpost:)

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

I'm a lifelong Manchester City fan on 37 years but was buzzing to see you reach the final last night. I've got some great memories of visiting Upton Park over the years it was mine and my mates favourite ground to visit whenever the fixtures were released we'd always look out for West Ham Away. My mate sadly passed away not long after our last visit together to Upton Park and it was an F.A Cup 3rd round game that was Felipe Caicedo debut for us and it ended 0-0. Every time we went we'd have such a top laugh and you fans are second to none literally and always made us feel welcome. He'd just bought a new house and after the game we ended up in a boozer and got talking to some West Ham fans and he mentioned he'd bought this new house and next minute they all went to a shop a few doors up that sold literally everything and came back with house warming gifts for him. He ended up with a toilet brush, 4 pack of toilet roll, a shower mat, a lampshade, some shampoo and a universal TV remote we ended up carrying it all back to Manchester. I've been to West Ham several times since with others but it was never the same without him he had one of them personalities would talk to anyone and people just found him funny and your fans treated us really well every time we went so honestly lads I'm so glad you made the final and wishing you luck and will be supporting you all the way. Up the hammers 👍
Nice one mate. Wonder what pub it was, everyone must remember the tool shop on the corner that sold everything, between the old place and the market :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

tassiehammer wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 5:40 am

Nice one mate. Wonder what pub it was, everyone must remember the tool shop on the corner that sold everything, between the old place and the market :D
Derricks.