West Ham vs Leeds Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
eskimo joe
Posts: 7751
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:37 pm
x 595
x 1076

Re: West Ham vs Leeds Official Match Thread

Post by eskimo joe »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:59 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 11:44 pm

Bremner was indeed a horrible little scrote but compared to some of the others in that side he was a fucking Boy Scout. Hunter, Giles and Clarke were the worst three imo.

The goalkeeper Harvey was a horrible cunt as well.
The only one I liked out of that lot was Eddie Gray.
Wouldn't have minded having Lorimer in our team, he had a good kick on him.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

User avatar
eskimo joe
Posts: 7751
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:37 pm
x 595
x 1076

Re: West Ham vs Leeds Official Match Thread

Post by eskimo joe »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:37 pm
Clayton wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 3:30 pm Moyes again does what he does best beats a team in the bottom third of the table .
Now I’m no Moyes fan by a long fucking chalk but what did you expect us to do today ?
Well maybe not play Rice the whole game. Apart from that the coward had nothing to lose so he could do as he pleased.

Leeds were pretty poor, played like they had already decided they were doomed. But we played some decent stuff because we were allowed to.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 19616
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 558
x 2448

Re: West Ham vs Leeds Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:09 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 11:44 pm

Bremner was indeed a horrible little scrote but compared to some of the others in that side he was a fucking Boy Scout. Hunter, Giles and Clarke were the worst three imo.
Reaney ,Cooper and Jack Charlton were no shrinking violets either
None of the bastards were. Duidn't Sprake, the gioalie, once plant a right hook on some opponent's chin?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 15961
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: Huish Episcopi
x 1233
x 3473

Re: West Ham vs Leeds Official Match Thread

Post by palerider »

On the spur of the moment I went as I was offered a ticket. The main reason was that I'd not see Declan in a West Ham shirt again apart from the last two on television. Usual crap start then pleasantly surprised. And Pacman is a fucking genius. And Leeds were really, really shit.

Got very drunk afterwards, lots of singing, another pint in the Hole in the Wall at Waterloo, telling a beggar asking for change to fuck off. Took me back years.

Finally got to my hotel, don't remember falling asleep and no idea at all where the donkey in my room this morning came from.

User avatar
eskimo joe
Posts: 7751
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:37 pm
x 595
x 1076

Re: West Ham vs Leeds Official Match Thread

Post by eskimo joe »

palerider wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:50 am On the spur of the moment I went as I was offered a ticket. The main reason was that I'd not see Declan in a West Ham shirt again apart from the last two on television. Usual crap start then pleasantly surprised. And Pacman is a fucking genius. And Leeds were really, really shit.

Got very drunk afterwards, lots of singing, another pint in the Hole in the Wall at Waterloo, telling a beggar asking for change to fuck off. Took me back years.

Finally got to my hotel, don't remember falling asleep and no idea at all where the donkey in my room this morning came from.
You probably got on at Kings Cross and not Waterloo, that would explain the donkey.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 18964
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 2365
x 3449

Re: West Ham vs Leeds Official Match Thread

Post by Newmarket »

Just watched he game . Gotta be happy with that aintcha …

Glad Lanzini got the goal at the end .

I’ll miss him .
Bring back Jonathon !

User avatar
JayK
Posts: 13786
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:12 am
Location: Essex
x 11123
x 2092

Re: West Ham vs Leeds Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

brookingslovechild wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:35 pm Managed to catch some of the 2nd half it looked a thriller. Am out in Portugal golfing…let me tell you there are a lot of hammers out here. Massive cheers when we went up. Great result unfortunately didn’t see the lap of honour and probs rice last chance to say addios to fans…. It’s been emotional and good luck wherever you end up. What a player…very proud of all he’s achieved whilst in our colours.
Don’t lie. You were there. I seen evidence.
Attachments
IMG_4546.jpeg
IMG_4546.jpeg (458.09 KiB) Viewed 564 times
COYI!!!

User avatar
Dwayne Pipes
Posts: 7165
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:46 pm
x 305
x 2794

Re: West Ham vs Leeds Official Match Thread

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

JayK wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 1:42 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:35 pm Managed to catch some of the 2nd half it looked a thriller. Am out in Portugal golfing…let me tell you there are a lot of hammers out here. Massive cheers when we went up. Great result unfortunately didn’t see the lap of honour and probs rice last chance to say addios to fans…. It’s been emotional and good luck wherever you end up. What a player…very proud of all he’s achieved whilst in our colours.
Don’t lie. You were there. I seen evidence.
Kin ell
:lol:

User avatar
JayK
Posts: 13786
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:12 am
Location: Essex
x 11123
x 2092

Re: West Ham vs Leeds Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:37 pm
JayK wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 1:42 pm

Don’t lie. You were there. I seen evidence.
Kin ell
:lol:
:lol:
COYI!!!

User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 10972
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am
x 1781
x 2862

Re: West Ham vs Leeds Official Match Thread

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:50 am On the spur of the moment I went as I was offered a ticket. The main reason was that I'd not see Declan in a West Ham shirt again apart from the last two on television. Usual crap start then pleasantly surprised. And Pacman is a fucking genius. And Leeds were really, really shit.

Got very drunk afterwards, lots of singing, another pint in the Hole in the Wall at Waterloo, telling a beggar asking for change to fuck off. Took me back years.

Finally got to my hotel, don't remember falling asleep and no idea at all where the donkey in my room this morning came from.

We've all been there my learned friend.
I once woke up in a hotel room dressed as Odd Bod from the carry on film, surrounded by Rabbits and a chimpanzee called Jim.
Which was strange as I went out in full Erwin Rommel garb.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Post Reply