I'm Afraid The Last 2 Matches

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

I'm Afraid The Last 2 Matches

Post by Whiskyman »

Have destroyed my belief in Slaven Bilic's ability to sort out what is arguably becoming the worst shambles of defensive organisation I've ever seen from West Ham----and boy, that is sayingg something. We have defended worse than an Under 13 team. Players seem to be like headless chickens, blindly following the ball wherever it goees with absolutely no regard for what the opposition is doing.

The writing was on the wall in the first 10 minutes when a Saints player had time to collect and control a ball on the edge of our box and fire in a shot, completely unchallenged. Soon after Redmond, at least I think it was Redmond, broke clear with no one either tracking or covering him. There was absolutely no cohesion, shape or apparent pattern to our play. Players did not appear to know their roles. In short it was absolutely pathetic. No, it wasn't even good enough to be described as pathetic. It is no exaggeration that Southampton could, and should have scored 6 or 7. Had it not been for Adrian and, to a lesser extent Ogbonna and Arbeloa it probably would have been,.

And to make matters even worse during the 90 minutes we didn't even manage one shot on target. I've been told Sky credited us with one but I'll be buggered if I can remember it. This is far from being a knee jerk reaction as I have sat through a recording of the game to check some of the more horrific things I saw to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. Seeing some of the worst rxamples of total lack of professionalism again has convinced me I do not need to visit Specsavers.

On the evidence of what I have seen so far this season, one decent 30 odd minutes against Watford, we are in for a relegation fight big time. Apart from Manchester City we have played no one of note yet and we have been given what can onlu be described as 3 good hidings in a row.

Clearly something has gone wrong. Goodness only knows what it is but the body language of the players throughout the 90 minutes spoke volumes. And having also seen Noble's post match interview about 10 minutes ago it is painfully apparent it's something very, very wrong indeed.

I like Bilic. I hope he can turn things around although I have wondered for a little while if all is well between him and our chief tit wiggler. I've suspected this since he made the comment about needing players and then apparently back tracking. But liking the bloke and having the belief that he and his staff can turn this shambles round are two entirely different things and I would be kidding myself if I said I felt confident of pulling clear of the bottom cluster of clubs.

You win nothing without a bit of fight and we seem to have lost ours. Big time.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Re: I'm Afraid The Last 2 Matches

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote:Have destroyed my belief in Slaven Bilic's ability to sort out what is arguably becoming the worst shambles of defensive organisation I've ever seen from West Ham----and boy, that is sayingg something. We have defended worse than an Under 13 team. Players seem to be like headless chickens, blindly following the ball wherever it goees with absolutely no regard for what the opposition is doing.

The writing was on the wall in the first 10 minutes when a Saints player had time to collect and control a ball on the edge of our box and fire in a shot, completely unchallenged. Soon after Redmond, at least I think it was Redmond, broke clear with no one either tracking or covering him. There was absolutely no cohesion, shape or apparent pattern to our play. Players did not appear to know their roles. In short it was absolutely pathetic. No, it wasn't even good enough to be described as pathetic. It is no exaggeration that Southampton could, and should have scored 6 or 7. Had it not been for Adrian and, to a lesser extent Ogbonna and Arbeloa it probably would have been,.

And to make matters even worse during the 90 minutes we didn't even manage one shot on target. I've been told Sky credited us with one but I'll be buggered if I can remember it. This is far from being a knee jerk reaction as I have sat through a recording of the game to check some of the more horrific things I saw to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. Seeing some of the worst rxamples of total lack of professionalism again has convinced me I do not need to visit Specsavers.

On the evidence of what I have seen so far this season, one decent 30 odd minutes against Watford, we are in for a relegation fight big time. Apart from Manchester City we have played no one of note yet and we have been given what can onlu be described as 3 good hidings in a row.

Clearly something has gone wrong. Goodness only knows what it is but the body language of the players throughout the 90 minutes spoke volumes. And having also seen Noble's post match interview about 10 minutes ago it is painfully apparent it's something very, very wrong indeed.

I like Bilic. I hope he can turn things around although I have wondered for a little while if all is well between him and our chief tit wiggler. I've suspected this since he made the comment about needing players and then apparently back tracking. But liking the bloke and having the belief that he and his staff can turn this shambles round are two entirely different things and I would be kidding myself if I said I felt confident of pulling clear of the bottom cluster of clubs.

You win nothing without a bit of fight and we seem to have lost ours. Big time.
To clear things up the one shot was a scuffed Feghouli effort kicked off the line. Forster didn't have to make a save.

I too like Bilic. But today for the very first time I can honestly say that I think we'd be better if we changed sooner rather than later. And I don't blame Bilic for all of it. But the buck always stops with the manager.

chrisboywoodford

Re : I'm Afraid The Last 2 Matches

Post by chrisboywoodford »

I get the feeling there are more than a handful of players who feel they should have gone on to bigger and better things in the summer, and that players are throwing strops that are affecting the team unity we had last year. I am sorry but Payet was a fucking disgrace today. did he break into a run even once?

palerider

Re: Re : I'm Afraid The Last 2 Matches

Post by palerider »

chrisboywoodford wrote:I get the feeling there are more than a handful of players who feel they should have gone on to bigger and better things in the summer, and that players are throwing strops that are affecting the team unity we had last year. I am sorry but Payet was a fucking disgrace today. did he break into a run even once?
After about 70 minutes, Payet decided he'd put some effort in. The same as last week. Fair play I say. I wouldn't get out of bed for that much.