Claret & Booze

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Claret & Booze

Post by Whiskyman »

Don't know if anyone else has seen any of them but there's a podcast called Claret & Booze (Daily Ramble) mostly fronted by a guy called Nick. It's quite decent and he makes some good points but it's a shame to see the poor bastard becoming more and more suicidal as each webcast unfolds. Someone should take him out for a night on the sauce before he starts giving demonstrations of self harming. Chill out Nick ffs. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Re: Poor Old Nick---Claret & Booze

Post by BlackDiamond »

He has a style that is quite personable and informative and mostly stays on point. The Gonz has a tendancy to over mix the manfactured juvenile clown persona and it's noticeable the podcasts have become longer in duration and thinner in relevant content. And are certainly not improved. Like taking a decent show from BBC and then immediately dumbing down - and fucking it up - on ITV.

Perhaps the serious stuff is on patreon - I woldn't know obviously

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:05 pm Don't know if anyone else has seen any of them but there's a podcast called Claret & Booze (Daily Ramble) mostly fronted by a guy called Nick. It's quite decent and he makes some good points but it's a shame to see the poor bastard becoming more and more suicidal as each webcast unfolds. Someone should take him out for a night on the sauce before he starts giving demonstrations of self harming. Chill out Nick ffs. ;)
I'd suggest fence restorer, but that might just tip him over the edge.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:19 pm He has a style that is quite personable and informative and mostly stays on point. The Gonz has a tendancy to over mix the manfactured juvenile clown persona and it's noticeable the podcasts have become longer in duration and thinner in relevant content. And are certainly not improved. Like taking a decent show from BBC and then immediately dumbing down - and fucking it up - on ITV.

I watch some of Geo’s stuff which is usually quite good but I’ve stopped watching the Gonzo’s stuff. Just recycled rumour and tittle tattle imo.

Nick has a fairly unique style but imo it’s becoming more difficult to watch him because you’re half expecting him to do the “goodbye cruel world” thing mid podcast.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:44 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:19 pm He has a style that is quite personable and informative and mostly stays on point. The Gonz has a tendancy to over mix the manfactured juvenile clown persona and it's noticeable the podcasts have become longer in duration and thinner in relevant content. And are certainly not improved. Like taking a decent show from BBC and then immediately dumbing down - and fucking it up - on ITV.

I watch some of Geo’s stuff which is usually quite good but I’ve stopped watching the Gonzo’s stuff. Just recycled rumour and tittle tattle imo.

Nick has a fairly unique style but imo it’s becoming more difficult to watch him because you’re half expecting him to do the “goodbye cruel world” thing mid podcast.
Good channel . The post-match phone ins are better than the daily ramble .
Well worth a watch one evening if your at a loose end 👍🏻
Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Actually I’ve just watched todays daily ramble .

Nick is indeed a bit worked up :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:58 pm Actually I’ve just watched todays daily ramble .

Nick is indeed a bit worked up :lol:
I've noticed his stress levels do seem to be rising with each day that Moyes remains in the job. :lol:

Never watched any of the phone ins as you suggested but it seems they might get a bit lively. I do listen to the Talk Sport phone ins when I'm in the car. Prefer them because you get the Mr Angrys from a few clubs, not just one, and they're always good for a laugh.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

I think these boys are great.
Nick is funny.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Now this daily ramble is worth watching .

Yes Moyes gets it both barrels once again , no surprise there , but Nick saying what we’re all thinking and it’s comical as well .
23 minutes but well worth waiting till the last 5 minutes rant

And I think he’s bang on .

Bring back Jonathon !

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:08 pm Now this daily ramble is worth watching .

Yes Moyes gets it both barrels once again , no surprise there , but Nick saying what we’re all thinking and it’s comical as well .
23 minutes but well worth waiting till the last 5 minutes rant

And I think he’s bang on .

Yep.
Loved the last five minutes. " Sully, just fuck off" 😂😂😂😂
Love a cup of Rosey I do.