Claret & Booze

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Claret & Booze

Post by eskimo joe »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:36 pm
What he said wouldn't surprise me at all. TBH can't understand what is going on , whatever it is at the end of the day if all goes tits up then there is nobody else to blame but the board.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Optimistic Lee

Post by Optimistic Lee »

Newmarket,

I think that we are in ‘violent agreement’ regarding John a.k.a Virgil. I too abort when I discover that it’s his turn for his personal ramblings.

The man is so self obsessed and conceited it irritates me.

When this fat bloke constantly chews food, and swigs beer like a drunken sailor during the three way discussion between him and the two brothers he looks like a camel that has been served its last meal. He continually interrupts callers and is embarrassingly rude and annoying.

Message to Nick and Gary: if this baboon has survived this long as some form of circus amusement the entertainment, at least for me, has worn intolerably thin.

Get rid.
Tough times never last but tough people do

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Optimistic Lee wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:57 pm Newmarket,

I think that we are in ‘violent agreement’ regarding John a.k.a Virgil. I too abort when I discover that it’s his turn for his personal ramblings.

When this fat bloke constantly chews food, and swigs beer like a drunken sailor during the three way discussion between him and the two brothers he looks like a camel that has been served its last meal. He continually interrupts callers and is embarrassingly rude and annoying.

Message to Nick and Gary: if this baboon has survived this long as some form of circus amusement the entertainment, at least for me, has worn intolerably thin.

Get rid.
Not a fan then :lol:

I think he works as part of the phone in show and I don’t dislike him personally.
I just don’t enjoy listening to his solo stuff .

Bit like Paul Weller :D
Bring back Jonathon !

Optimistic Lee

Post by Optimistic Lee »

Newmarket,

I need to take a leaf out of your book more often as I clearly came across as having a personal grudge rather than an observational opinion. Obviously, I don’t know the bloke and I am guilty of black cab driver generalisation. must take more care in the future to avoid that.

I watched C&B on Sunday which was enjoyable; HOWEVER, the camel has died and John has now moved on to his next impression of a food deprived Alpaca munching away as if his life depended on it. I also noticed that his volume is much louder than the other two. I get the impression that that his previous semi for Moyes is beginning to stiffen.

I have never met the bloke but instinctively feel that I would not like to take a ride in his taxi or have a 1:1 drinking session because I suspect that we would not get along.
Tough times never last but tough people do

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

A recent chat between young John , of whom I’m not personally his greatest fan , and the elder wiser Nigel Kahn who I have had the pleasure of meeting a couple of times back on the boats whilst trying to keep Gonzo awake .

This is a particularly good and very different opinion on the whole Tim Steidten thing .
It even makes sense so this is well worth a listen whilst you’re pottering about the house (1h20m) and I recommend it.

https://www.youtube.com/live/IsyWaqS65hU?feature=share
Bring back Jonathon !

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:32 pm A recent chat between young John , of whom I’m not personally his greatest fan , and the elder wiser Nigel Kahn who I have had the pleasure of meeting a couple of times back on the boats whilst trying to keep Gonzo awake .

This is a particularly good and very different opinion on the whole Tim Steidten thing .
It even makes sense so this is well worth a listen whilst you’re pottering about the house (1h20m) and I recommend it.

https://www.youtube.com/live/IsyWaqS65hU?feature=share
yea i watched that at the time..Nigel has the knowledge regarding the history of the club..no question...i actually quite enjoyed watching something without all the laddish nonsense.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:35 pm
Optimistic Lee wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:57 pm Newmarket,

Get rid.
Not a fan then :lol:

I think he works as part of the phone in show and I don’t dislike him personally.
I just don’t enjoy listening to his solo stuff .

Bit like Paul Weller :D
hes just youre typical black cab driiver....i didnt t like how he took the piss out of Gary one time..we alll know Gary, .he has a nasty streak i dont like tbh

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

c7263a418ecdabb1b20a8e7c48f76e12.gif
c7263a418ecdabb1b20a8e7c48f76e12.gif (60.52 KiB) Viewed 1706 times

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Nick rant . Hilarious 🤣

Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:49 am Nick rant . Hilarious 🤣

I watched the first two minutes Tim. Didn't need to see more. He's spot on. Moyes is stealing a fucking living.