Rice

Chat about anything football related here!
HamstasParadise

….Better without ….

Post by HamstasParadise »

The transfer money seems to have been well-spent, many seem to think we look better without Rice, Alvarez’ more defensive role is allowing Soucek more leeway to pop up in the box. With Rice wanting to push forward more to appear more of an all-rounder, it made Soucek hang back which suited him less.

Even the Daily Mail has noticed. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foot ... ited.html

I’m not saying another, younger, CB wouldn’t go amiss but it does seem any transfer kitty next time can be focused on a decent centre forward.

I wish Rice every success, but it is interesting that us, Spurs and Palace all look better for the departure of their big name.

By the way, can we now drop the “Rice announcement” pinned topic?
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” (Mark Twain.)

Whiskyman

Re: ….Better without ….

Post by Whiskyman »

Rice's departure has certainly given Soucek a new lease of life. He's playing to his strengths again, as we've seen by him scoring in the last couple of games. He's clearly been given back his licence to get up into the opponents area which last season seemed to have been taken away from him, presumambly to allow Rice to push forward more.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Makes me laugh when the transfer monies mentioned.
Does that mean then that if the badge kisser hadn't been sold we'd have spent fuck all as is the case now?
So in theory the money that wasn't spent by shortarse in this window should still be available come January shouldn't it.
We shall see.
Personally I think reality will once again set in whereby Pacman will be sold and his money will no doubt be spent thus saving the spiv yet another transfer warchest.
We've started well, but the ambition is still woefully bollocks.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

HamstasParadise wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:48 am

I’ll unpin the pinned topic when you lot use the Rice thread for Rice discussions.

Which , incidentally, is where this thread and similar threads will be merged into until then
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:10 pm Makes me laugh when the transfer monies mentioned.
Does that mean then that if the badge kisser hadn't been sold we'd have spent fuck all as is the case now?
So in theory the money that wasn't spent by shortarse in this window should still be available come January shouldn't it.
We shall see.
Personally I think reality will once again set in whereby Pacman will be sold and his money will no doubt be spent thus saving the spiv yet another transfer warchest.
What money would that be ? Can't see anything in the accounts that suggests a massive build up of liquid assets.

Other than the single malts in the boardroom which I hope remain unsullied. No pun intended.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:52 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:10 pm Makes me laugh when the transfer monies mentioned.
We shall see.
What money would that be ? Can't see anything in the accounts that suggests a massive build up of liquid assets.

Other than the single malts in the boardroom which I hope remain unsullied. No pun intended.
Didnt they agree two instalments the bigger coming first. Cant recall the exact details only that Sullivan was digging his heals in on the time Arsenal initially asked for.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:29 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:52 pm

Didnt they agree two instalments the bigger coming first. Cant recall the exact details only that Sullivan was digging his heals in on the time Arsenal initially asked for.
The dwarf wanted the full amount quicker than Arsenal wanted to pay it was my teake on what was going on. But at the end of the dau I;m reckoning the money paid out for Kudus, Alvarez,Ward-Prowse and Mavropanos roughly equals what we pulled in for Rice and Scamacca.

BB73 got me thinking there might be a wedge tucked away somewhere so I spent a thoroughly dull 5 minutes perusing the latest accounts but failed to find any such stash.

I do not of course have access to the safe deep in the bowels of Theydon Towers. so fuck knows what secrets that hiolds.

HamstasParadise

Post by HamstasParadise »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:12 pm
HamstasParadise wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:48 am

I’ll unpin the pinned topic when you lot use the Rice thread for Rice discussions.

Which , incidentally, is where this thread and similar threads will be merged into until then

Well fair enough, you are the boss, but my post was about the team as it is now, about the absence of Rice not about Rice himself, which is why I left his name out of the title.

And the Rice thread had dropped off page 1 and it seemed inappropriate to keep bringing it back to the top, as if we miss him somehow. Also hence the question about the pinned thread, it’s time to move on.

It’s not a big deal though. Whatever you prefer.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” (Mark Twain.)