Rice

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Rice

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:13 am Let's hope all this Rice bashing coming from so many pundits of late works in our favour , and the boy stays . Due to the fact so many of them are now saying , " he ain't worth upwards of £50m " . Though I doubt very much will get the £120m + addons the club want , but you never know , especially considering it was reported that Man Ure bid £100m last summer , and the club turned it down :shock: :lol: , yeah sure .
Difficult to guess what he'll go for tbh. Casemiro, Rice and Rodri are arguably the best 3 of their kind in the PL and Man United paid around £60 million for Casemiro, but he's older than Rice. Real Madrid only paid around £30 million for Camavinga but they spent more than twice that bringing in Tchouamen and imo those 2 are on a par with the 3 I've already mentioned. The fee will end up being dertermined by how much of an auction for his servicves there is, the more clubs intererested, the better for the seller. So I guess it's watch this space.

My guess would be if there is interest from more than a couple of clubs the fee could be as high as £85 million but if it's a one horse race £65/70 million will be nearer the mark. If he stays in the PL ther fact he's home grown will inflate the fee as well of course.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

The Brazilian International.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:53 pm The Brazilian International.
Tell that to Brookingslovechild (amongst quite a few)….
Bring back Jonathon !

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:27 pm
Clayton wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:13 am Let's hope all this Rice bashing coming from so many pundits of late works in our favour , and the boy stays . Due to the fact so many of them are now saying , " he ain't worth upwards of £50m " . Though I doubt very much will get the £120m + addons the club want , but you never know , especially considering it was reported that Man Ure bid £100m last summer , and the club turned it down :shock: :lol: , yeah sure .
Difficult to guess what he'll go for tbh. Casemiro, Rice and Rodri are arguably the best 3 of their kind in the PL and Man United paid around £60 million for Casemiro, but he's older than Rice. Real Madrid only paid around £30 million for Camavinga but they spent more than twice that bringing in Tchouamen and imo those 2 are on a par with the 3 I've already mentioned. The fee will end up being dertermined by how much of an auction for his servicves there is, the more clubs intererested, the better for the seller. So I guess it's watch this space.

My guess would be if there is interest from more than a couple of clubs the fee could be as high as £85 million but if it's a one horse race £65/70 million will be nearer the mark. If he stays in the PL ther fact he's home grown will inflate the fee as well of course.
Won't Rice's agreement count for anything?!
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:38 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:27 pm

Won't Rice's agreement count for anything?!
If he has a preference for one club I assume it would but I'd guess the selling club would say something along the lines of " the player wants to join you but we've had an offer from Club B so match their offer and he's yours".

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

He's no skipper for a floundering boat.
His mind is elsewhere, as are many of the squad it would seem.
Moyes has to go ASAP.. He is taking the piss.
ANYONE BUT MOYES AT THIS POINT.
I'd even have Noble over Moyes at this point.
I just want Moyes gone double lively

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

normannomates wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:14 am He's no skipper for a floundering boat.
I think someone’s had a word in Declan’s earrole .

Behave like a club captain and back the manager or you’ll be here till your contracts up….
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:03 pm
normannomates wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:14 am He's no skipper for a floundering boat.

Behave like a club captain and back the manager or you’ll be here till your contracts up….
About right.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:03 pm

Wouldn't that be very silly ? Yes, the club could hold him against his will but that would in effect mean a very pissed off player not putting in any sort of shift and at the same time losing his sale value. That wouldn';t do the business, or the dwarf's future income, any good at all would it ?

Remember our relegation with 42 points back in the day. Jermain Defoe wanted out, the club said no so he basically downed tools. Didn't he get sent off somethuing like 3 times in quick succession or is my memory playing tricks again ? But he got his wishes and was transferred to Spurs pretty quickly once it became obvious keeping him to his contract wasn't going to work in our favour.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Bring back Jonathon !