Woys back.

Chat about anything football related here!
Castiron

Re: Woys back.

Post by Castiron »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:38 pm
Castiron wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:42 pm
I remember some saying the same thing about Silva.
He's returned to the premier league with Fulham and thus far is doing very well.
Sometimes the manager is not a right fit for a club, it the board that he/she works for.
I think most Spurs fans are fully behind Conte, and it is Levy they have the problem with.
Silva is an excellent example of a board panicking because of fan pressure. And Everton is a great example of how not to run a football club. Their "fans" have hounded out managers, including Silva, who, looking back were anything but failures at that toxic shithole of a vlub. Benitez is another example. A proven succesful manager who was never accepted because he once managed Liverpool. Some of the whiny blue scousers should maybe take a look at the trophies won by Benitez, only a short walk through the park, and consider themselves fortunate the bloke considered them worthy of his services. A club whose fans are far worse than Spurs when it comes to feeling entitled about their stature in the game.
The thing is there is a saying that the rot has set in, and I think it has at ours, and it's very hard to get rid of.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Castiron wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:49 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:38 pm

Silva is an excellent example of a board panicking because of fan pressure. And Everton is a great example of how not to run a football club. Their "fans" have hounded out managers, including Silva, who, looking back were anything but failures at that toxic shithole of a vlub. Benitez is another example. A proven succesful manager who was never accepted because he once managed Liverpool. Some of the whiny blue scousers should maybe take a look at the trophies won by Benitez, only a short walk through the park, and consider themselves fortunate the bloke considered them worthy of his services. A club whose fans are far worse than Spurs when it comes to feeling entitled about their stature in the game.
The thing is there is a saying that the rot has set in, and I think it has at ours, and it's very hard to get rid of.
Agree, It's gone too far imo. The league form over the past 18 months has been appalling and in other businesses any board of directors would have reacted to a key employee on a seven figure salary presiding over a regression on such a scale and not showing any indication of having the answers to improve the situation. Any manager can lose three or four games in a row but the effective ones find a way to reverse a negative run of results.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Talk about cry babies ffs.
Coming on a site to moan about people having a different opinion.

At least I’m not a sheep blindly following the company line.
Last edited by Towie on Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:01 pm
Castiron wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:49 pm
Agree, It's gone too far imo. The league form over the past 18 months has been appalling and in other businesses any board of directors would have reacted to a key employee on a seven figure salary presiding over a regression on such a scale and not showing any indication of having the answers to improve the situation. Any manager can lose three or four games in a row but the effective ones find a way to reverse a negative run of results.
And yet some still think he is doing a great job.

They need to accept the days of keeping managers no what the results are, are long gone, the game and finances have moved on.
Unfortunately they are the real dinosaurs at our club, stopping progress.

As in business if you start making less of a profit, you take action to arrest the decline, not carryon doing what you are doing until it is to late.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:14 am 154 year old Roy Hodgson's back at Crystal Palace.
Makes our relegation fight that little bit easier imo.
Personally I think it's a terrible decision, marginally worse than us sticking with the stupid scotch cunt we have at the helm.

What say you?
Wesult !
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

A win in his first game back. Well done Woy.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Castiron wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:57 pm A win in his first game back. Well done Woy.
I'm sure Viera was respected by the players but it's a big help if your manager is popular with them.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Palace had 31 shots :o

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

They were never going down anyway , even with Viera , have you seen their run in ?

Bournemouth beating Fulham today is much more worrying .
Bring back Jonathon !

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:57 pm They were never going down anyway , even with Viera , have you seen their run in ?

Bournemouth beating Fulham today is much more worrying .
Fulham are weak, their season I'll Peter out.
If our cunt, (and that's the only name I have for him) had the bollocks we'd piss Southampton and Fulham and probably get at least a draw with Newcastle.
But he's also a bottling piece of shit, so in true West Ham tradition we'll probably lose all three.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.