The R word

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

The R word

Post by palerider »

Regurgitate. I love that word but another is relegation and there's piece in the Telegraph today that states there ARE clauses in the players' contracts to reduce wages should we go down.

It won't stop the clamour to leave, especially if the Scotch cunt is still in charge but at least it means the dwarf has done things properly for a change.

terrya1965

Re: The R word

Post by terrya1965 »

It must frustrating for the players being told just make sure you don't lose,rather than try and win a match. Moyes stubbornness is going to cost the players a lot of money.

If I was them,I'd be getting Rice to be knocking on Sullivan's door and say" You are f*cking up a livelihoods keeping Moyes here.GET HIM OUT".

palerider

Post by palerider »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:10 am It must frustrating for the players being told just make sure you don't lose,rather than try and win a match. Moyes stubbornness is going to cost the players a lot of money.

If I was them,I'd be getting Rice to be knocking on Sullivan's door and say" You are f*cking up a livelihoods keeping Moyes here.GET HIM OUT".
Declan's off anyway and while he still cares it soon won't be his problem.

The new manager, I can't believe Sullivan is that much of a cunt to do otherwise, will have the job of 'selling' a promotion push to those wanting to or forced to stay. The dark clouds of despair quickly turn brighter with a few wins. I have a Geordie mate from the service, a die-hard Toon fan who says that prior to this season, the season they pissed the Championship was the best he'd ever known in terms of a feelgood factor. I bet Burnley fans say the same right now.

It doesn't have to be all doom and gloom.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:10 am It must frustrating for the players being told just make sure you don't lose,rather than try and win a match. Moyes stubbornness is going to cost the players a lot of money.

Yes, Moyes is a tactical dinosaur, yes, our tactics are one dimensional and yes, we are always reactive never pro active. But FFS I get pissed off with so many people giving the fucking rabble on the field a free pass. I keep reading and hearing that "this squad should be doing better". It maybe should but let';s be honest it ain't that bloody good. We've just played Villa, a bang average mid table side, but I don't see too many players in our squad who Villa would be clamouring to sign if they became available. It is a bang average squad and what little quality there is in it is being misused, or not used at all,. by the coaching staff.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:19 am

Yes, Moyes is a tactical dinosaur, yes, our tactics are one dimensional and yes, we are always reactive never pro active. But FFS I get pissed off with so many people giving the fucking rabble on the field a free pass. I keep reading and hearing that "this squad should be doing better". It maybe should but let';s be honest it ain't that bloody good. We've just played Villa, a bang average mid table side, but I don't see too many players in our squad who Villa would be clamouring to sign if they became available. It is a bang average squad and what little quality there is in it is being misused, or not used at all,. by the coaching staff.
Agree we have a poor squad many should have been binned last season.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Have said it for sometime that we have a poor squad , though will insist with the right manager our starting eleven could be doing so much better .
But the incoming manager if one is to be employed will have one almighty job ahead of him , though a new owner would help far more with the strengthening of the foundations and infrastructure of the club .

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

TBH Terry, it's not just Moyes fucking up their livelihoods, it is to a degree themselves also. Take the Brighton game, I seen more movement in a half starved tortoise than we did from them. Yes Moyes instructions might have been to let them keep the ball, but I am sure it didn't include stand and watch. At some point players have to show some initiative, and that's where Rice comes in, or should have.

We had a squad good enough to stay up, but a driver in reverse. The club feels like a tube of refillable toothpaste, you squeeze some out and replace it with a couple of new and younger player. No soon have you done that you have to squeeze the tube again. That is Moyes's youth for you.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

palerider

Post by palerider »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:59 am

TBH Terry, it's not just Moyes fucking up their livelihoods, it is to a degree themselves also. Take the Brighton game, I seen more movement in a half starved tortoise than we did from them. Yes Moyes instructions might have been to let them keep the ball, but I am sure it didn't include stand and watch. At some point players have to show some initiative, and that's where Rice comes in, or should have.

We had a squad good enough to stay up, but a driver in reverse. The club feels like a tube of refillable toothpaste, you squeeze some out and replace it with a couple of new and younger player. No soon have you done that you have to squeeze the tube again. That is Moyes's youth for you.
Although we toiled for 70 minutes against Forest and against a woeful side it came good in the end and I didn't see that performance at Brighton coming, however good a team they've become. A defeat yes, but not like that. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall before the game hearing Moyes say that his plan was to let them have most of the possession to begin with.

That's the case in nearly every game. He also wheeled out the old 'tired after a midweek game' chestnut. But I agree, the players, en masse, didn't turn up. The McDullard cunning plan often falls apart when you concede early.

But the buck stops with the manager. Always has and always will. This joker has them befuddled as to what to do next.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:35 am

Have said it for sometime that we have a poor squad , though will insist with the right manager our starting eleven could be doing so much better .
But the incoming manager if one is to be employed will have one almighty job ahead of him , though a new owner would help far more with the strengthening of the foundations and infrastructure of the club .
New ownership is a pre requisite if the club is to somehow become relevant instead of simply a name to make up the fxture lists. A new manager would possibly have a short term rejuvenating effect but it would, and always will be, short term unless the club itself is restructured.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Yes, Moyes is a tactical dinosaur, yes, our tactics are one dimensional and yes, we are always reactive never pro active. But FFS I get p2issed off with so many people giving the fucking rabble on the field a free pass. I keep reading and hearing that "this squad should be doing better". It maybe should but let';s be honest it ain't that bloody good. We've just played Villa, a bang average mid table side, but I don't see too many players in our squad who Villa would be clamouring to sign if they became available. It is a bang average squad and what little quality there is in it is being misused, or not used at all,. by the coaching staff.

But if the players are being asked to perform certain duties ,they have to do it,because Moyes will drop them.

Like we over performed during lockdown,we are certainly under performing now with surely a much better squad,but with even duller tactics.