The R word

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: The R word

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:38 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:29 am
You are right that nobody can predict what Burnley will do next season.Surely they'd be happy just to stay up,that will be their main objective.It's a different kettle of fish in the PL.
What I will say is,their brand of football should help them.In my opinion,I think Moysieball,played by the likes of Bruce,Warnock is being well and truly sussed out,even in the Championship.

It's a funny one with Palace they have had a bad 2 and half months and Viera is gone.We have had a similar 15 months and Moyes is still here. :?
We'll possibly get a better idea about Burnley when they play City this evening. Could be a decent watch.
I am surprised you aren't back to tell me,"I told you so". ;)

At the moment City and Haaland are on fire.When they are in this mood,not many will stop them.Just lucky we weren't playing them this weekend. I reckon it would have been 88% possession in their favour,but we may kept the score under 10. :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:02 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:38 pm

We'll possibly get a better idea about Burnley when they play City this evening. Could be a decent watch.

At the moment City and Haaland are on fire.When they are in this mood,not many will stop them.Just lucky we weren't playing them this weekend. I reckon it would have been 88% possession in their favour,but we may kept the score under 10. :lol:
That's because I didn't "tell you so". I said we'd find out more about them. And what that game showed was that a very good Championship side can't live with a very good Premier League side. Particularly when they try to out football them.

Nice to see Kompany get a good reception from the City fans. You can imagine his career path taking him back there one day if he chooses his managerial posts well.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:49 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:02 pm

That's because I didn't "tell you so". I said we'd find out more about them. And what that game showed was that a very good Championship side can't live with a very good Premier League side. Particularly when they try to out football them.

Nice to see Kompany get a good reception from the City fans. You can imagine his career path taking him back there one day if he chooses his managerial posts well.
i think the try to out football them is about right. Burnley have blown away all in the championship playing this way, just shows a bit of pragmatism is needed when playing the best prem sides....maybe moyes is onto something :D