West Ham vs AEK Larnaica Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: West Ham vs AEK Larnaica Official Match Thread

Post by eskimo joe »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:24 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:45 am

Wish I could share your optimism mate but I fear it could be another after the loed mayor's show just like Brighton after Forest. Let's face it Larnaca were pretty poor with 11 men but listening to the Coles, Joe and Carlton dishing it out after the game last night you'd think we'd just given Real Madrid a bloody game. If that sort of self congratulation runs through the team as well as the pundits it spells trouble ahead.

I know you can only beat what's put in fron of you but, apart from the little spell when Bowen scored his 2 goals, I thought the people who paid to go last night were treated to a performance that would have been better suited to a testimonial. And considering there's no game now until next month imo that was pretty shabby. Highlight for me was seeing Mubama get his goal after having the one he got in Bucharest taken away.
The Conference League is clouding the form of the PL.Let's have a reality check here,we have been beating teams that would be lucky to be lower Championship level.Yes,it will get harder,but on paper,with the players we have,we SHOULD win the CL and stay in the Premier League.

You could say we are flat track bullies.We have only been beating the teams that aren’t very good in the last year.

Moyes has to.let our players play on the front foot in the PL,otherwise we will go down.

Of coarse I'm happy like many others,we are still in Europe and I would love to.win it,but the PL we need to be in.It would be crazy to win the CL and go down,but nothing would surprise me here at this club.
Yes, imagine a championship club in Europe again.

Don't know if it would apply for the 24/25 season when the format for all European cup competitions change.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

garnett

Post by garnett »

This is on par with the InterToto and will be extinct or in a different guise very soon.

I`ve been looking through the various site`s and am astounded at the arrogance shown now, this is a done deal if you didn`t already know, our hands are nearly on it ffs, yet no one is taking into consideration we are where we are in the league for a reason nor the fact that from the Southampton game we will basically be playing every 3 days.

Apparently our manager would like this on his CV, I`m wondering if he thinks it`s the same as a CRB check where all his sackings and relegations get wiped off after a few years, another bubble burst.

Have a great weekend everyone, lets hope England spoil the paddys weekend.
Last edited by garnett on Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:38 pm
JayK wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:29 pm

Because it looks quite likely we will get relegated, yes I would take the trophy. If you’re asking stay up or win the cup, I really don’t know tbh. Would be nice to win something. I was 6 and playing with my toy cars when we won the F.A Cup, I don’t really remember the intertoto and I was absolutely cunted for the last play off final. So it would be nice to have silverware to remember
I don't count the playoff final tbh. Although it's the best way to go up because you get a day out at Wembley too, you don't get a trophy for it. And I'm not being judgemental either. I was interested to see what people think.

I'm probably not likely to ever see us win anything again other than this if we go all the way.
I was clutching at straws thinking of silverware and I coulda sworn we got some for it. But as I say, I was absolutely cunted, made myself ill and was layed up for 3 days after. Great day 😂
COYI!!!

garnett

Post by garnett »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:55 pm

The Conference League is clouding the form of the PL.Let's have a reality check here,we have been beating teams that would be lucky to be lower Championship level.Yes,it will get harder,but on paper,with the players we have,we SHOULD win the CL and stay in the Premier League.

You could say we are flat track bullies.We have only been beating the teams that aren’t very good in the last year.

Moyes has to.let our players play on the front foot in the PL,otherwise we will go down.

Of coarse I'm happy like many others,we are still in Europe and I would love to.win it,but the PL we need to be in.It would be crazy to win the CL and go down,but nothing would surprise me here at this club.

Don't know if it would apply for the 24/25 season when the format for all European cup competitions change.
If these Ultra cunts continue away fans will be banned, Frankfurt will be fucked for years now.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

What is happening then?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:57 pm

What is happening then?
They are changing the format, doing away with the group stages and running it on a league system. Each team paying 8 games, 4 away 4 home all against different opponents. I think after then it goes to the knockout stages.

They did mention in more detail, but it was a while ago I read it so can't be precise on other details.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

palerider wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:23 pm I have to ask.

I've seen us win stuff. But a lot of the younger posters won't have.

Would you take winning it but getting relegated ?
The semi finals are 11 and 18 May so we could be already fucking gone by then how shit we are in the fucking league so it’s definitely a yes from an old cunt like me
Be a nice few days out in Prague to boot hotels already
sorted gonna fill my fucking boots while I can.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

I reckon Moyes has now got more attention on the cup than on the league. Though that seems to be the case since we entered Europe. So as DP says I reckon we will be gone by the final if we ever get there.

Which would I prefer?! Staying in the Prem... But I totally understand that the feeling of resignation and the wish to see something positive come out of this last season and a half. Some of us would even have been happy to get nothing if it meant Moyes got the tjn tack, but it seems we won't be afforded that either. So here's hoping......

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:38 pm
JayK wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:29 pm

Because it looks quite likely we will get relegated, yes I would take the trophy. If you’re asking stay up or win the cup, I really don’t know tbh. Would be nice to win something. I was 6 and playing with my toy cars when we won the F.A Cup, I don’t really remember the intertoto and I was absolutely cunted for the last play off final. So it would be nice to have silverware to remember
I don't count the playoff final tbh. Although it's the best way to go up because you get a day out at Wembley too, you don't get a trophy for it.
Oh yes you fucking do .
So you must have been cunted as well .
D19A1C91-F852-48CA-8B1E-994170B2D975.jpeg
D19A1C91-F852-48CA-8B1E-994170B2D975.jpeg (218.61 KiB) Viewed 191 times
Bring back Jonathon !

h69

Post by h69 »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:27 pm I reckon Moyes has now got more attention on the cup than on the league. Though that seems to be the case since we entered Europe. So as DP says I reckon we will be gone by the final if we ever get there.

Which would I prefer?! Staying in the Prem... But I totally understand that the feeling of resignation and the wish to see something positive come out of this last season and a half. Some of us would even have been happy to get nothing if it meant Moyes got the tjn tack, but it seems we won't be afforded that either. So here's hoping......
A trophy any day for me. I have no issue with us playing in the championship. Gets rid of all the hangers on at home games and there are some good teams down there.

If we have a chance of a trophy we must go for that and I dont think we can be snooty enough to turn our noses up at that given we have not won a proper trophy since 1980,

And we wont ever be able to with the PL unless we have a sovereign state own us.
Last edited by h69 on Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.