The summer transfer window thread (what changes to the squad do you want to make?)

Chat about anything football related here!
Pipe smurf

The summer transfer window thread (what changes to the squad do you want to make?)

Post by Pipe smurf »

Well stay up comfortably and that is all that this season has to offer so focusing on the very important summer transfer window is very important.

So what do we need? Full backs with pace, defending and passing skills are one of the biggest urgencies in the squad imo

Then the fact Rice is going he needs to be replaced

A left sided forward/winger with pace and technique to link up with Scamacca and Bowen

Personally I would sell Soucek and replace him with a more technical centre midfielder, preferebly a proper box to box engine to play alongside the Rice replacement

Zouma is shot but we are probably stuck with him because no one will pay his wages so we another centre back is needed

Fabianski is 307 years old and needs replacing, if Areola aint capable a keeper must be signed

Looking at the above anything lower than 100 million NET spend next summer will not suffice

whufc_crest
Last edited by Pipe smurf on Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dorsetdano

Re: The summer transfer window thread (what changes to the squad do you want to make?)

Post by dorsetdano »

Pipe smurf wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:15 pm Well stay up comfortably and that is all that this season has to offer so focusing on the very important summer transfer window is very important.

So what do we need? Full backs with pace, defending and passing skills are one of the biggest urgencies in the squad imo

A left sided forward/winger with pace and technique to link up with Scamacca and Bowen

Personally I would sell Soucek and replace him with a more technical centre midfielder, preferebly a proper box to box engine to play alongside the Rice replacement

Zouma is shot but we are probably stuck with him because no one will pay his wages so we another centre back is needed

Fabianski is 307 years old and needs replacing, if Areola aint capable a keeper must be signed

Looking at the above anything lower than 100 million NET spend next summer will not suffice

whufc_crest
Bloody hell, the last one has only just shut!

Newmarket

Re: The summer transfer window thread (what changes to the squad do you want to make?)

Post by Newmarket »

dorsetdano wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:17 pm
Pipe smurf wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:15 pm Well stay up comfortably and that is all that this season has to offer so focusing on the very important summer transfer window is very important.

whufc_crest
Bloody hell, the last one has only just shut!
Yes Dan but it is a relevant topic imo .
We’ve just had a rebuild of sorts along with all the reasons and excuses from Moyes as to how it hasn’t clicked yet.

Trouble is we are going to need another in the summer.
It will all depend on who the manager is obviously but I wouldn’t be giving Ogbonna , Cresswell or Fabianski new contracts .
They’ve all been good servants to the club in one way or another .
I’d be tempted to extend Fabianski for a year if I thought Areola would be first choice as , I think , would a new manager but Moyes would probably want them all around.

Upgraded RWB and LB required . 2 wide men and another quality CB or 2 as well as I reckon Zouma is fucked.
Rice is off so we probably need a central playmaker , I’m quietly confident Downes will be a quality DM .

It all depends on who the manager is going to be.
His favourites need flogging though not literally.
I’d sell Bowen and Soucek too.

Massive rebuild imo and I’m sure there’s other contract stuff I’ve forgotten too.
Bring back Jonathon !

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

OUT:

Manager: Moyes
Training coaches

Fabianski (38) will be too old to play.
Ogbonna (35)
Cresswell (33)
Soucek (29)
Coufa (30)
Antonio (32)
Rice (24)
Lanzini (30)
Masuaku
Vlasic

That 10 players going.

IN:

GK x 1
LB x 1
DF x 1 (West Ham won't be in Europe next season so less games)
RB x 1
DM x 2 (Coventry and Downes as cover up to 2 new DM)
AML x 1
AMR x 1 (cover up for Bowen
SC x 1

That 9 coming in PLUS new manager who hope to start ONCE this season end.

Squad for 2023-24

GK - Areola plus new GK

LB/LWB - Emerson plus new LB/LWB
DF - Zouma, Aguerd, Kehrer plus 1 new DF
RB/RWB - Johnson plus new RB/RWB
DM - 2 x new DM as Coventry and Downes are back-up
AML - Cornet plus new AML who will be first choice as Cornet will be a back-up.
AMC: Benrahma/Fornals
AMR - Bowen plus a new AMR for back up
SC: Scamacca & Ing plus a new SC if Scamacca leaves

Will Still would be our next manager.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Didn’t Cresswell have his contract extended recently?
COYI!!!

Towie

Post by Towie »

Forget transfers, until we get a new manager nothing will change.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:52 pm Didn’t Cresswell have his contract extended recently?
There was talk though no official announcement Jay
Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Towie wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:54 pm Forget transfers, until we get a new manager nothing will change.
I’d go further than that and say till the owner has gone one way or another 🤞🏻.
Though a new head coach may not see the benefits of extending Dads Army contracts .

In fact that’s a damned good reason from Sullivan’s pov to renew em and get it done now .
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Towie wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:54 pm Forget transfers, until we get a new manager nothing will change.
Spot on.

All will depend on if we stay up. But if we do I can't see Sullivan changing anything although I don't know how long McDullard has left on his contract. And we'l be without Rice. Say we get 100m. Would you trust Moyes spending it properly ?

The way I see it is there'll be a catch 22 situation. The best way we have of a new manager and better football will be relegation, which would be a financial disaster.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Forget a new manager and transfers. Until we attract proper professional business people as owners we will remain a nondescript irrelevance, but, oh boy, a key part of the fixture list. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?