West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Post by Clayton »

Though I have predicted a win , I can't see how , especially with our injuries . Maybe some of that luck Moyes is always on about will save the day .
Fabianski in goal I suppose , and Coufal at RB .
The lineup/formation is where the problems start , a lack of CB's to start with a back 3 with only Aguerd and Ogbonna fit as far I know , even a back 4 means Cresswell playing :o , or giving Johnson a start at LB :? .
Really do not want to see Fornals out wide , he has to play centrally .
Benrahma surprisingly had been our best performing forward since the start of the season , but has reverted to his usual performances of late , why not put Antonio out on the wing instead ( he's just as likely to hit row z from out there ) where he can cause some mayhem at least , with Bowen on the other .
Lets hope Scamacca is fit and raring to go , or at least Ings :roll: .
Might have to change my predicted win to a loss :cry: .

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:54 am
normannomates wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:55 pm
Moyes can't win on this one tbf, Benrahma has been terrible lately, and Moyes is more than justified in benching him, but because of the history, it will look like he's picking on him again.
Does Dave have an epiphany today and show us something to believe in?..
He does seem to have boxed himself into a corner and is left with a choice between Fornals or Benrahma. But they are totally different players so it shouldn't be an "either or"
Which is where the malingering Cornet ‘injury’ has bitten Moyes on the arse .

However I see it as simply a case of replacing Benrahma with Antonio and playing with an actual proper striker now that we have a couple.

Moyes won’t do that of course , and it doesn’t get Fornals or Lanzini in the team , but it is the obvious thing to do until Cornet deems himself fit enough to play football.
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:54 am
normannomates wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:55 pm
Moyes can't win on this one tbf, Benrahma has been terrible lately, and Moyes is more than justified in benching him, but because of the history, it will look like he's picking on him again.
Does Dave have an epiphany today and show us something to believe in?..
He does seem to have boxed himself into a corner and is left with a choice between Fornals or Benrahma. But they are totally different players so it shouldn't be an "either or"
He could put Antonio out wide , and still have the choice of Scamacca or Ings to play up front , if either are fit :roll: .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:56 am Though I have predicted a win , I can't see how , especially with our injuries . Maybe some of that luck Moyes is always on about will save the day .
The lineup/formation is where the problems start , a lack of CB's to start with a back 3 with only Aguerd and Ogbonna fit as far I know , even a back 4 means Cresswell playing :o , or giving Johnson a start at LB :? .
Benrahma surprisingly had been our best performing forward since the start of the season , but has reverted to his usual performances of late , why not put Antonio out on the wing instead ( he's just as likely to hit row z from out there ) where he can cause some mayhem at least , with Bowen on the other .
I've banged the same drum about Fornals for ages but I've accepted it's not going to happen. For the good of his career he needs to get out---and quuickly. I agree with your Antonio option with either Ings or Scamacca playing centrally. I would personally stick with a back 3 and bring in Johnson for Kehrer alongside Ogbonna and Aguerd. Cresswell can cut the half time oranges as far as I'm concerned.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:06 am
Clayton wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:56 am Though I have predicted a win , I can't see how , especially with our injuries . Maybe some of that luck Moyes is always on about will save the day .
I've banged the same drum about Fornals for ages but I've accepted it's not going to happen. For the good of his career he needs to get out---and quuickly. I agree with your Antonio option with either Ings or Scamacca playing centrally. I would personally stick with a back 3 and bring in Johnson for Kehrer alongside Ogbonna and Aguerd. Cresswell can cut the half time oranges as far as I'm concerned.
Was going to suggest playing Johnson at RCB rather then Kehrer who is supoosedly injured , which would at least mean Emerson playing at LWB which is a better option then playing Cresswell .

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Kehrer and Benrahma get to start :oops: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: . And once again we have 2 keepers on the bench , and no Cresswell :? is he injured as well now .
Obviously we have no young defenders good enough , actually have no youth players good enough to even sit on the bench unless they are a keeper :o
so only 8 subs .
Last edited by Clayton on Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Is Areola injured ?

And why TWO goalkeeping subs. What about Mubama ?

Scotch cunt.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

palerider wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:35 am Is Areola injured ?

And why TWO goalkeeping subs. What about Mubama ?

Scotch cunt.
Think I read last week that he had received a knock in training , lets hope that is all it is .

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Evening gents. Hope it's a good game to watch cos the boys made me work today. Up at 4.30 this morning and have been dozing on and off all night. We concede in the first 10 minutes and I,m off to zzzzzzland. :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............