West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Hope we can perform at top level as we did against Newcastle (except first 3 minutes) to keep our momentum going and hope to get something from this London derby. Still hurting from the stupid VAR that rule out Cornet equalizer. Chelsea got quite a few expensive players which the FIFA is NOT amused what they are doing with long term contracts. Not sure if Zouma is back but I hope Danny Ings will get a start. Kehrer will be out so if Zouma not yet ready, then Johnson will slot in right side of the 3 defence line.

Fabianski

Johnson/Zouma
Ogbonna
Aguerd

Coufal
Rice
Paqueta
Emerson

Bowen
Benrahma

Ings

We need to match more than them and keep tight at the back. Must get our chances INTO GOALS. We got tough game coming up soon with Spuds, Forest, Brighton and Man City coming up.

COYI!!! whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

BlackDiamond

Re: West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Post by BlackDiamond »

Ibbyham wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:34 pm Hope we can perform at top level as we did against Newcastle (except first 3 minutes) to keep our momentum going and hope to get something from this London derby. Still hurting from the stupid VAR that rule out Cornet equalizer. Chelsea got quite a few expensive players which the FIFA is NOT amused what they are doing with long term contracts. Not sure if Zouma is back but I hope Danny Ings will get a start. Kehrer will be out so if Zouma not yet ready, then Johnson will slot in right side of the 3 defence line.

Fabianski

Johnson/Zouma
Ogbonna
Aguerd

Coufal
Rice
Paqueta
Emerson

Bowen
Benrahma

Ings

We need to match more than them and keep tight at the back. Must get our chances INTO GOALS. We got tough game coming up soon with Spuds, Forest, Brighton and Man City coming up.

Excellent intro Ibbs (you've still got the touch...or are indeed just touched ) I would make one change to your excellent lineup,Antonio for Bowen and then swap them after 60 mins.

We don't know which Chelsea are going to appear and neither does DM. If they are as listless as they have been then, West Ham could feasibly win this.
On the otherhand, if Chelsea 'perform' to their spending potential then it's going to be difficult.

Likely outcome: some sort of draw or it's a solid home defeat. DM is a tactical genius when playing the top 6 sides as his record shows, so we should probably sleep safely in our beds...

And yes, Chelsea are not actually a top 6 side and DM is not quite a tactical genius...even against the bottom 6

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:03 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:34 pm Hope we can perform at top level as we did against Newcastle (except first 3 minutes) to keep our momentum going and hope to get something from this London derby. Still hurting from the stupid VAR that rule out Cornet equalizer. Chelsea got quite a few expensive players which the FIFA is NOT amused what they are doing with long term contracts. Not sure if Zouma is back but I hope Danny Ings will get a start. Kehrer will be out so if Zouma not yet ready, then Johnson will slot in right side of the 3 defence line.

Fabianski

Johnson/Zouma
Ogbonna
Aguerd

Coufal
Rice
Paqueta
Emerson

Bowen
Benrahma

Ings

Excellent intro Ibbs (you've still got the touch...or are indeed just touched ) I would make one change to your excellent lineup,Antonio for Bowen and then swap them after 60 mins.

We don't know which Chelsea are going to appear and neither does DM. If they are as listless as they have been then, West Ham could feasibly win this.
On the otherhand, if Chelsea 'perform' to their spending potential then it's going to be difficult.

Likely outcome: some sort of draw or it's a solid home defeat. DM is a tactical genius when playing the top 6 sides as his record shows, so we should probably sleep safely in our beds...

And yes, Chelsea are not actually a top 6 side and DM is not quite a tactical genius...even against the bottom 6
Cheers mate and hope West Ham do well, a draw won't be a bad result but with the others difficult games coming up, we need to get something from this game but Chelsea were good against Fulham and could have won by ease so we need to perform at top level and NO SLOW START like we did against Newcastle as we don't want to invite Chelsea to attack for majority of the game.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

garnett

Post by garnett »

If Newcastle was top level god help us, it was an improvement nothing more.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Potter has always schooled Moyes, don’t see this being any different.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Hate early kick offs always seem a damp squib to me
Still early doors in the pub.

Hard to call this one ,will we be up for it or will we be shafted by the rent boys. ?

I fear the latter.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Chelsea bints beat our lot 7-0 last night. I reckon we won't be as bad as that.

0-2.

With McDullard protecting the goal difference in the last 10 minutes.

garnett

Post by garnett »

I fear the worst, my reasoning is they have far better players, their manager I believe is better than ours as his record against him shows, and Harry has had time on the training pitch with his new better players.

As I stated, Newcastle was an improvement, but we are going to need a hell of a lot more to turn this mob over.

I watched Mudryk go up against trent blah blah and ruined him we have Coufal as an offering.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Towie wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:38 am Potter has always schooled Moyes, don’t see this being any different.
My thoughts also. A narrow one nil loss I predict.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:50 am Hate early kick offs always seem a damp squib to me
Still early doors in the pub.

Hard to call this one ,will we be up for it or will we be shafted by the rent boys. ?

I fear the latter.
11:30pm kickoff here, so no complaints with that.

I changed my tip in the prediction league - got a feeling Chelsea are there for the taking.