Geordie Maggots v West Ham official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
tassiehammer

Re: Geordie Maggots v West Ham official Match Thread

Post by tassiehammer »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:57 am
tassiehammer wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:12 am Set the alarm for 4.30 this morning, game on live on Optus sport, then golf at 8.30. Rolled over turned the alarm off and thought "Fuck it, watch the highlights instead". Went golf, called into Sunday school and had a couple then went through this thread. Well done lads, handy away point that wasn't expected. Shame about the toffees and Wolves, fucked us up a bit. Cunts. :D
How did you hit them? Break 100?
Break 100 every time. We only play 9 then have brekkie :D :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

tassiehammer wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:00 am
OZHAMMER wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:57 am

How did you hit them? Break 100?
Break 100 every time. We only play 9 then have brekkie :D :D
:D

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:12 am Set the alarm for 4.30 this morning, game on live on Optus sport, then golf at 8.30. Rolled over turned the alarm off and thought "Fuck it, watch the highlights instead". Went golf, called into Sunday school and had a couple then went through this thread. Well done lads, handy away point that wasn't expected. Shame about the toffees and Wolves, fucked us up a bit. Cunts. :D
Sunday school and had a couple. I fucking knew my childhood was missing something. Us kids used to have the mantra every Friday at assembly "Don't forget to go to Sunday School". In my childhood ignorance I thought the fucking place was all about prayers, hymns and fucking fairy stories and if you really drew the short straw being touched up by some cunt in a frock.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

garnett

Post by garnett »

Morning,
A good point ? yeah
Is it enough ? no
I think we nullified the game from very early on, huffed and puffed without causing them any problems, their keeper didnt have a save to make.
Newcastle were poor by their own high standards, Howe wont let them play like that again and we were perfect opponents who were never going to try to win the game.
We simply cant expect Aguerd to make game saving tackles every week, I can certainly see a big bid coming in for him in the summer.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

garnett wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:08 am Morning,
A good point ? yeah
Is it enough ? no
I think we nullified the game from very early on, huffed and puffed without causing them any problems, their keeper didnt have a save to make.
Newcastle were poor by their own high standards, Howe wont let them play like that again and we were perfect opponents who were never going to try to win the game.
We simply cant expect Aguerd to make game saving tackles every week, I can certainly see a big bid coming in for him in the summer.
Whoever unearthed Aguerd needs to find a couple more that’s for sure.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

A good point ? yeah
Is it enough ? no
Fair comments about our lack of goal attempts. But how many times was Fabianski called into serious action ? I can only recall one occasion whn someone headed straight at him.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:37 pm
A good point ? yeah
Is it enough ? no
Fair comments about our lack of goal attempts. But how many times was Fabianski called into serious action ? I can only recall one occasion whn someone headed straight at him.
We could of had maybe more chances if Benrahma released the ball quicker and made better decisions with the ball.

A very frustrating player, even more so than Antonio.
Both don’t seem to have a football brain cell between them.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:48 pm

We could of had maybe more chances if Benrahma released the ball quicker and made better decisions with the ball.
But we didn’t because he doesn’t and I doubt that will ever change.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Can't blame the utterly frustrating Benny for everything, and in hindsight we didn't force Pope into one save, (the one he should of saved he didn't) 10 shots, 1 on target, and that went in. So even if he had of passed somes times it would be fair to guestimate that it would end up in row Z
Why pass to someone who can't convert the chances.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:22 pm

Can't blame the utterly frustrating Benny for everything, and in hindsight we didn't force Pope into one save, (the one he should of saved he didn't) 10 shots, 1 on target, and that went in. So even if he had of passed somes times it would be fair to guestimate that it would end up in row Z
Why pass to someone who can't convert the chances.
On recent evidence the player most likely to cause problems for people in Row Z has been the aforementioned Benrahma. I don’t think anyone is blaming him for everything that went wrong yesterday but I for one can’t think of any positive contribution he made. And it’s not only lack of ability either is it?

And imo it’s funny on another thread there’s a discussion about how good our squad is. And in the eyes of quite a few Benrahma has been our stand out player this season. Nuff said imo. ;)