Geordie Maggots v West Ham official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Geordie Maggots v West Ham official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:13 pm Better performance all round, coufal seems to be back to his best again.

Pacqueta & Agerd outstanding.

Shame our manager tried to balls it up with his subs.
Only criticism I would make of the subs was the lack of Ings until late. I don’t know how unfit he was supposed to be but a bloody corpse would have been an improvement on Benrahma today.

Ings down the middle with Antonio pushing up on Trippier would have been worth a try imo.

But on the plus side a very unexpected point and quality performances from Aguerd and Rice.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Decent point considering the opposition .

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

The first 3 minutes was like watching Barnstoneworth reserves in action and the substitution of Paqueta a bloody disgrace in the second half .
As was that of Antonio .

My pre match statement that Newcastle are nothing special was bang on and they were there for the taking so I wonder why we were hanging on at the end ?
We’ll miss Kehrer next week , not cos he’s any good but because we’ll see the return of a back 4 and our world class left back.
I’ll take the draw but it could have been so much better.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:56 pm The first 3 minutes was like watching Barnstoneworth reserves in action and the substitution of Paqueta a bloody disgrace in the second half .
As was that of Antonio .

My pre match statement that Newcastle are nothing special was bang on and they were there for the taking so I wonder why we were hanging on at the end ?
We’ll miss Kehrer next week , not cos he’s any good but because we’ll see the return of a back 4 and our world class left back.
I thought Paqueta looked knackered when he was taken off tbh. Imo Benrahma should have been hooked much earlier and Antonio moved wide with Ings in the middle.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Set the alarm for 4.30 this morning, game on live on Optus sport, then golf at 8.30. Rolled over turned the alarm off and thought "Fuck it, watch the highlights instead". Went golf, called into Sunday school and had a couple then went through this thread. Well done lads, handy away point that wasn't expected. Shame about the toffees and Wolves, fucked us up a bit. Cunts. :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

tassiehammer wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:12 am Set the alarm for 4.30 this morning, game on live on Optus sport, then golf at 8.30. Rolled over turned the alarm off and thought "Fuck it, watch the highlights instead". Went golf, called into Sunday school and had a couple then went through this thread. Well done lads, handy away point that wasn't expected. Shame about the toffees and Wolves, fucked us up a bit. Cunts. :D
How did you hit them? Break 100?
Last edited by OZHAMMER on Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Unexpected point for us, and a big surprise.

Gifted them their goal, and looking at our defence it has the feelings of a patchwork doll. Only hope Oggy can remain fit cause Zouma is absent through injury too often and Kehrer might just as well be. Aguerd though is quality.

Once we woke up the performance wasn't too bad, though it felt like we were hanging on in the latter stages. I guess it is the true feeling of battling off relegation. I am not sure I relish a repeat in the two upcoming games, but two points are better than none, and if history tells us anything that will be the target. Though it might go some way to getting us on a roll and putting points on the board.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

palerider

Post by palerider »

I must admit I feared the worst and after 3 minutes I turned over to watch the egg chasing. An unexpected point but Toon imo were there for the taking without Guimares and having a hard game midweek so McDullard gets no special pat on the back from me.

A less negative manager would have taken all three points and it's wins we need to pull clear of the drop zone.

And the Dawson v Kehrer show ? A fantastic bit of business by the club, especially as they didn't get a replacement. If Moyes had any say in it he needs shooting. A signed promise that he'd be let go on a free in four months time and our defence would be a damn sight better than it is now. If Aguerd gets injured we're down. Simple as. Oggy tries manfully but he's not the same player as he was before.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:24 am
Newmarket wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:56 pm The first 3 minutes was like watching Barnstoneworth reserves in action and the substitution of Paqueta a bloody disgrace in the second half .
As was that of Antonio .

I thought Paqueta looked knackered when he was taken off tbh. Imo Benrahma should have been hooked much earlier and Antonio moved wide with Ings in the middle.
knackered?
Well we are bang in trouble then if we've paid out 40 odd million for Someone we are only going to get 70 mins out of each week.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Fuck me an awful start to the game that was, fucking two bob amateur .Balls through the middle were their weapons of choice nearly punished for two albeit a fucking superb block from Naffy a few clubs will be sniffing round him whatever our fate end of season class player.
The German looks out of his depth in this league replaced half time with Johnson.
Why the fuck does Bowen receive the ball wide only to turn back into our own half only to lose the fucking ball ?
Antonio should have been sent wide with Ings in the middle to try and grab the game.
Benny his usual frustrating self fucking incompetent to make the right decisions.
One shot on target the whole match isn’t fucking good enough.
Draws are not good enough in the predicament we’re in.
We’ll amble through the season hoping to pick up a few points here and there but we just don’t do enough to take games to the opposition.