Taxi for Frank

Chat about anything football related here!
eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Taxi for Frank

Post by eastcoastclaret »

He’s gone.
Inevitable really, after such a poor run.
I does make you wonder how some people keep getting these top gigs in the first place. High profile ex players may look good in the short term but Surely more than a couple of seasons in the lower leagues actually learning the job is the way to build a career in management?
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

OZHAMMER

Re: Taxi for Frank

Post by OZHAMMER »

Suck eggs.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eastcoastclaret wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:50 pm He’s gone.
Inevitable really, after such a poor run.
I does make you wonder how some people keep getting these top gigs in the first place. High profile ex players may look good in the short term but Surely more than a couple of seasons in the lower leagues actually learning the job is the way to build a career in management?
Only in football mate. A shiny playing c v doesn't necessarily mean a good managerial career beckons. But at least if it doesn't work out repeated failure is no barrier to employment. How many jobs have Avram Grant and Alan Pardew had since we binned the pair?

And that's before we start looking at Steve Bruce's career in the hot seat. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Lampard should have continued his apprenticeship in the lower leagues .
He don’t care though he’s rich as well as ‘orrible
Bring back Jonathon !

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

im guessing dysche is top of the list (he seems to be top of most lists..by default maybe) which leaves the usual suspects ....fuck no to benitez thanks.

I actually wonder if anyone in da club is on the look out for slightly unknown up and coming managers or is still seen as a risk.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:00 pm im guessing dysche is top of the list (he seems to be top of most lists..by default maybe) which leaves the usual suspects ....fuck no to benitez thanks.

I actually wonder if anyone in da club is on the look out for slightly unknown up and coming managers or is still seen as a risk.
Listening to a surprisingly rational Everton fan on Talk Sport earlier I thought the bloke could have been talking about West Ham. He said he was completely open minded about the Lampard sacking because he felt it wouldn't nmake the slightest difference either way as the problem wasn't the various managers they've had but the people appointing them.

But if stumpy still sees Dyche as the saviour he needs to get moving sharpish. But apparently he doesn't do sharpish.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Starts tomorrow as the new potman in his old man’s pub.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:46 pm Starts tomorrow as the new potman in his old man’s pub.
His old pub brings back some memories. Good and bad. :D :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............