I may have been wrong

Chat about anything football related here!

I may have been wrong

Post by 9898 »

Thought Paquetta was going to be great......but he was just as horrendous for Brazil. Slow, immobile lump who hardly moved in the middle off the park.
Worrying.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

garnett

Re: I may have been wrong

Post by garnett »

I can't disagree, Brazil certainly don't plsy him as a No10 which we all thought he was, looks like a direct replacement for Soucek if you ask me, apart from a couple of touches very very underwhelming.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Funny how we see the game differently. I thought Pacman was very good.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

palerider wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:46 am Funny how we see the game differently. I thought Pacman was very good.
He made one good pass which should have been an assist but Raphina tamely shot and ruined it and then one nice back heel in the box to Neymar, who himself should have made an assist. Pearls before swine.

He does exactly what he does for West Ham - being critical, one could say the lads contributions are a bit thin or he operates in a zone that the others around him are not able to see...

Watching Lucas Paquetá perform his rich repertoire of trcks and flicks, you can tell he enormously enjoys his work,you rarely see a sour expression cloud his contented demeanour.

At least he is a happy bunny and he didn't appear to be too miffed to be subbed either, quite content with his nights work.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:46 am Funny how we see the game differently. I thought Pacman was very good.
I didn’t see it , I won’t watch any of it .

But he’s always been very workmanlike in his performances for both Brazil and Lyon .

Every good team needs one and I reckon the whole ‘Brazilian’ thing has got everybody thinking he’s gonna be our Zico .
It’s why he didn’t go down well at Milan .
Rudi Garcia could see that , he’s very similar to Luis Gustavo whom he had at Marseille.

And it’s why Moyes likes him . He didn’t get him to create .

He’s essentially a flashy DM .
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

If a couple of decent passes in 65 minutes or so equates to a good game then, well, he had a good game. But for the amount of money we spent on him I would have expected a game changer. Which imo he isn't.

Kudos to Lyon for screwing us into parting with a record transfer fee, Someone over there should be getting a nice end of season bonus.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:20 am If a couple of decent passes in 65 minutes or so equates to a good game then, well, he had a good game. But for the amount of money we spent on him I would have expected a game changer. Which imo he isn't.

Kudos to Lyon for screwing us into parting with a record transfer fee, Someone over there should be getting a nice end of season bonus.
West Ham should let Lyon conduct their player sales in future. Even let them keep 10% of the fee. Would have saved millions in lost asset values.

Rob Newman is like the Nick Leeson of player recruitment...

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:36 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:20 am If a couple of decent passes in 65 minutes or so equates to a good game then, well, he had a good game. But for the amount of money we spent on him I would have expected a game changer. Which imo he isn't.

West Ham should let Lyon conduct their player sales in future. Even let them keep 10% of the fee. Would have saved millions in lost asset values.

I thought he was great in the Sting.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ah-ha but is it Newman ? Or Moyes? Rumours abound that the vertically challenged gnome is once again meeting with Barry “shalom” Silkman and involving himself in the player recruitment activity. Buggered if I know if it’s true or not but there is a saying which tells us there’s no smoke without fire.

Interesting times ahead I reckon.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:34 pm

Ah-ha but is it Newman ? Or Moyes? Rumours abound that the vertically challenged gnome is once again meeting with Barry “shalom” Silkman and involving himself in the player recruitment activity. Buggered if I know if it’s true or not but there is a saying which tells us there’s no smoke without fire.

Interesting times ahead I reckon.
You think Kretinsky would put up with that? Not sure about tbh.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.