Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: The sack David Moyes and hire Thomas Frank thread

Post by Brookbonds73 »

I think if you gave John Lyall this squad he'd know where and how best to play these players.
And he certainly wasn't afraid to have a go at the bigger clubs of the day.
Imagine this cunt playing Arsenal or Liverpool in a final.
Second thoughts scrub that, we'd never get to a final with this pleb in charge.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Brookbonds73

Re: Is Moyes or Newman the problem?

Post by Brookbonds73 »

You could have the best scout out there and it wouldn't make a difference.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Still think our complete set up is amateurish to say the least.

Post by 9898 »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:53 am You could have the best scout out there and it wouldn't make a difference.
So you don't think that Moyes would get more out of an experienced British , big, strong midfielder and a British 6'4 centre forward instead of Paquetta and Scamacca?
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

If Moyes wanted a 6 foot 9 midfielder and a Antonio type player that's what he should have got.

Personally I think neither Scamacca or Paqueta are Moyes's players.I think many of our fans thought that too.We know Moyes is not a fan of technical players.He likes big hard workers,so why did we sign these players?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

9898 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:24 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:53 am You could have the best scout out there and it wouldn't make a difference.
So you don't think that Moyes would get more out of an experienced British , big, strong midfielder and a British 6'4 centre forward instead of Paquetta and Scamacca?
For a change I agree with you.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

From my point of view.....both....and then you can add Sullivan into the mix as well

Moyes.... because he harped on about how he personally chooses only players that will improve the team and personally scouts them.....if that's the case then I suggest he keeps well away from any future involvement in transfer business....or he has told us porkies.

Newman......either because he has agreed the players that Moyes has allegedly targeted or that they are his own ( or even Sullivan's influence) which again begs the question why the fuck is he employed there? A waste of time and a complete waste of money

Sullivan...... because I don't like interfering, sneaky back stabbing cunts whose transfer dealings since taking over the club have been absolutely atrocious in the majority.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

9898 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:24 pm
In a word No I don't.
If you're suggesting that there's a language barrier or trouble getting his instructions out on the pitch then you instruct via your captain regardless of where they come from.
Any seasoned pro should be able to adapt a little from his preferred position that's not to say he'd be happy there but nonetheless he should be experienced enough to play there.
Like I say if you've played at international level for your country whether it be Brazil, Italy, Germany etc your picked to play there for a reason, you're deemed to be the best in your country at what you do.
You build your team around these players, you don't try to shoehorn them in to your way of thinking, it simply doesn't work.
If Scamacca needs support, give it to him.
If Paquetta's happy in a ten role, play him there. Same with Benny, Fornals and so on etc.
And probably most important of all, if you've got a gifted kid, then for fucks sake give him a chance, not just a one off meaningless European kick about, keep it up, fifteen, twenty minutes here and there, don't forget about him altogether.
He may well be shite and end up at Dagenham, but he might just be a gem that'll save you millions in the long run.
You have to be adaptable, ready to change, we're not and league tables do not lie.

Whiskyman

Re: Is Moyes our best manager since Lyall?

Post by Whiskyman »

Best manager since Lyall ? Pretty low bar isn't it if we look at the runners and riders. ?

Macari---Only thing I can remember about his management was us losing 0-6 at Oldham
Bonds---Could never replicate his playing exploits as a manager.
Redknapp---Thanks for diCanio and Sinclair, but it doesn't make up for the dozens of Camaras, Dumitrescus and Gary Charles. Or fucking Omoyinmi.
Roeder---Out of his depth but did finish 7th first season. With the team the spiv finished much lower with in his last season.
Pardew---Dull as dishwater football, scraped promotion thru the playoff and preferred Mullins & Harewood to Mascherano & Tevez. Says it all imo.
Curbishley---Mr Pragmatic. Did a good job keeping us up after the Pardew shipwreck but was unfortunate to be in charge when the finances were crap.
Zola---Never had a real chance because of the financial constraints imo.
Avram Grant---Is it possible to find a worse example of a professional football manager than that cunt.
Sam Allardyce---Did the job he was brought in to do. Got us up, kept us up. Job done.
Slaven Bilic---Payet kept him afloat. Only job he's really done consistently well in was the Croatian national team.
David Moyes---Did the job he was brought in to do and was binned.
Manuel Pellegrini---Failed at West Ham. For the only time in his managerial career. Strange that isn't it ?
David Moyes---Discarded because he wasn't considered good enough. Re-emploted because he was, after all thought to be the right man.

Not the more inspiring list of hot seat occupants is it ? And people still think we can be capable of attracting Pochettino, Tuchel or candidates of a similar cal;ibre.

But answering the OPs question and looking down that list of candidates I would have to say the best after Lyall is either Moyes, the Porkmeister or Curbishley if based on their records at West Ham.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Re: Is Moyes our best manager since Lyall?

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Was thinking similar, the candidates between these two are pretty fucking rank.