Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Is Moyes our best manager since Lyall?

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:31 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:30 pm

Pardew was only minutes away from lifting the FA Cup until Gerrard struck...The biggest sickener ever been a West Ham fan. :cry:
Getting to a cup final and WINNING the fucking thing doesn't make a manager good imo. Cups can be won by winning only 6 matches against opposition of various quality. In any case Pardew's team didn't win, they lost. Even Dennis Wise managed a team to a cup final FFS.
That's not the point.It wasn't a reference to Pardew,it was about us being minutes away from lifting the bloody thing mate.My brother backed us before the start of the competition and saw a Grand fall through his hands in minutes.That was going to be our Celebration money that night. :cry:

Whiskyman

Re: Is Moyes our best manager since Lyall?

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:39 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:31 pm

Getting to a cup final and WINNING the fucking thing doesn't make a manager good imo. Cups can be won by winning only 6 matches against opposition of various quality. In any case Pardew's team didn't win, they lost. Even Dennis Wise managed a team to a cup final FFS.
That's not the point.It wasn't a reference to Pardew,it was about us being minutes away from lifting the bloody thing mate.My brother backed us before the start of the competition and saw a Grand fall through his hands in minutes.That was going to be our Celebration money that night. :cry:
Well, if you will insist on going off topic. ;)

If it wasn't a reference to Pardew why mention the useless cunt ? :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

andyginbrasil

Re: The sack David Moyes and hire Thomas Frank thread

Post by andyginbrasil »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:38 pm
Newmarket wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:23 pm It’s a good job we’ve got a sense of humour and we can make fun of all this shit .
I think if we were only in half the shit we are in I’d be crying .

As it is it can only get even worse with no apparent effort being put in to rectify matters , all Moyes’ previous bullshit about putting in the miles and hard work has now shown to be exactly that …Bullshit .
2 weeks holiday for the fucking lot of em when they should all be grafting to put it right .

The club is still rotten from top to bottom.

It’s amazing that I’m still where I am with this situation really .
As much as I dislike and have always disliked the Manky Scots git I’m still more afraid of who Sullivan would replace him with in February when we are in desperate trouble and it’s too late.
Well, I did tell you some time ago that Mr Dyche is ready and willing. Not sure about the able though. Of course there is still time for him to be snapped up by someone else should he get fed up with waiting for the invite to Theydon Towers.
There was a whisper than Rangers have sounded him out.....

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

I know Dyche gets stick for his football, but surely there isn't any difference between him and the lemur.
They've both won the princely sum of fuck all and if you look at their respective stats against the so called big clubs, I think Dyche's record is better.
Dyche probably hasn't had 180 mil combined in all the years he was at Burnley and if he were given that sum, I'm sure he'd at least buy players that were needed for particular positions, unlike our cunt who still can't work out what player goes where.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:54 am I know Dyche gets stick for his football, but surely there isn't any difference between him and the lemur.
They've both won the princely sum of fuck all and if you look at their respective stats against the so called big clubs, I think Dyche's record is better.
Dyche probably hasn't had 180 mil combined in all the years he was at Burnley and if he were given that sum, I'm sure he'd at least buy players that were needed for particular positions, unlike our cunt who still can't work out what player goes where.
If we look at things coldly and dispassionately there are a hell of a lot of managers who have won the princely sum of fuck all. After all there is only one title to be won every year in any country. One Champions League, one Europa League and now the Conference for the whole of Europe to go for.

I'm sure there must be a lot of good coaches out there who have won nothing in their careers. Doesn't make them totally useless imo. However whether Mr Dyche fits the bill I'm not so sure. He certainly wouldn't be on my list of people to intervuiew if I owned the club, But I don't, and imo, he ticks all the right boxes to appeal to the bloke who owns the biggest chunk of it.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:19 am
Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:54 am I know Dyche gets stick for his football, but surely there isn't any difference between him and the lemur.
If we look at things coldly and dispassionately there are a hell of a lot of managers who have won the princely sum of fuck all. After all there is only one title to be won every year in any country. One Champions League, one Europa League and now the Conference for the whole of Europe to go for.

I'm sure there must be a lot of good coaches out there who have won nothing in their careers. Doesn't make them totally useless imo. However whether Mr Dyche fits the bill I'm not so sure. He certainly wouldn't be on my list of people to intervuiew if I owned the club, But I don't, and imo, he ticks all the right boxes to appeal to the bloke who owns the biggest chunk of it.
Indeed.
I too would avoid Mr Dyche like the plague, but hypothetically speaking if he and the lemur were the only two available at this moment in time I think you'll agree, it's a pretty close race.
Personally I have Dyche slightly in front.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:26 am

Indeed.
I too would avoid Mr Dyche like the plague, but hypothetically speaking if he and the lemur were the only two available at this moment in time I think you'll agree, it's a pretty close race.
Fuck me my learned friend.....

That's like having a choice of eating dog shit or cat shit.....But i kind of agree.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

palerider wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:35 am

Indeed.
Fuck me my learned friend.....

That's like having a choice of eating dog shit or cat shit.....But i kind of agree.
Better to eat dog shit, cat shit is little gritty and harder to swallow, I would imagine, being domestic cats usually visit the litter box.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

JayK

Post by JayK »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:48 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:54 pm

Geo hit the nail on the head after the Leicester match.
He said he was more annoyed at not being annoyed.
I think that rings true for some, but for me personally I've gotten to the stage where I couldn't really give a fuck anymore.
I know us old bastards have seen it all before, relegations, parasites for owners, shit managers, we've been there and done it.
But this just seems different.
100% my sentiments as well BB..... can't even get excited when we score because I know it's not going to count for much, substitutions are generally appalling and then having to hear the post match excuses.... really doing my head in.....but there are those who think we are doing fine....ffs
And when we score it’s usually an equaliser rather than taking the lead. But even if we have taken the lead, you expect the other team to equalise anyway coz we invite them on
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Indeed.
I would agree. But only on the basis of a combination of negatives for one option equating to positives for the alternative. Moyes is the man in charge now and must therefore be the person to be responsible for turning round the sinking ship and piloting it to shore because he was the one who was at the wheel when it hit the rocks. He is therefore responsible for the leaks. Dyche is not. By definition therefore he may be a better option. Even though his previous vessel sunk with him in control. Hobson'r choice I think it's called.