Are the new signings as horrendous as they look or does the manager not know how to utilise them?

Chat about anything football related here!

Are the new signings as horrendous as they look or does the manager not know how to utilise them?

Post by 9898 »

Serious answers only.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

eskimo joe

Re: Are the new signings as horrendous as they look or does the manager not know how to utilise them?

Post by eskimo joe »

Hard to tell in Bug eyes set up. Personally don't think Scamacca and Paqueta are so bad, one needs better service, the other needs to adapt better. Kehrer is a better CB than RB, Aguerd like Cornet who knows haven't seen them enough, but I suspect the latter is just average. Add to that the fact Moyes doesn't know what his best position is, then that would hint that Moyes don't know how to utilize them.

Emerson is ok. But again if used properly.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Flairon

Re: Are the new signings as horrendous as they look or does the manager not know how to utilise them?

Post by Flairon »

9898 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:10 pm Serious answers only.
FFS, you have been around long enough to realize you are on the wrong Forum for that! :lol:
Flairon

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

I go by their international status.
If they've played one or two internationals then drifted away (like Bowen) then they've been given a chance on merit, but that has not materialised.
If on the other hand they've been given a chance and are still in that international side, then I think it fair to say they're good enough and are warranted.
It's all the more gauling when you consider who those international sides are, Brazil, Italy and Germany the three most successful sides on the planet.
They can't all be wrong, can they?
If you buy a player, you play him where he's suited best, you don't fuck about trying him elsewhere, it doesn't work.
It may work for a young fresh faced kid straight out of the academy, but not for seasoned pros.
It's down to the manager I'm afraid.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:31 pm
If you buy a player, you play him where he's suited best, you don't fuck about trying him elsewhere, it doesn't work.
Nail firmly on head.

England managers have fannied about playing players out of position for years, the Gerrard or Lampard conundrum usually resulted in both being picked which, if you think about it, was fucking stupid. It seems that particular coaching malaise has spread to our recruitment and coaching set up.

FFS if you wanted a Broja, to be Antonio Mark 2, sign one. Don't sign Scammaca and expect him to morph into one.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:36 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:31 pm
Nail firmly on head.

England managers have fannied about playing players out of position for years, the Gerrard or Lampard conundrum usually resulted in both being picked which, if you think about it, was fucking stupid. It seems that particular coaching malaise has spread to our recruitment and coaching set up.

FFS if you wanted a Broja, to be Antonio Mark 2, sign one. Don't sign Scammaca and expect him to morph into one.
Exactly.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I do wonder if he signed Scamacca and Paqueta.

Like Haller,Vlasic and Hernandez,I don't think they are his type.His always played a certain style preferring big hard working players to technical one's.
Who would have thought he'd have signed Fellani,the orthodox gangly freak for Man U,who were one of most entertaining and successful teams from the last 20 odd years?
He helped destroy their legacy them in the first 6 weeks he was there.

In a nutshell,they are decent players,but don't suit his style.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:16 pm I do wonder if he signed Scamacca and Paqueta.

Like Haller,Vlasic and Hernandez,I don't think they are his type.His always played a certain style preferring big hard working players to technical one's.
Who would have thought he'd have signed Fellani,the orthodox gangly freak for Man U,who were one of most entertaining and successful teams from the last 20 odd years?
He helped destroy their legacy them in the first 6 weeks he was there.

In a nutshell,they are decent players,but don't suit his style.
Has it got a style.