Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: The sack David Moyes and hire Thomas Frank thread

Post by palerider »

I'm trying to forget about McDullard for a month Joe.

Just glad we didn't lose this weekend.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

palerider wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:18 pm I'm trying to forget about McDullard for a month Joe.

Just glad we didn't lose this weekend.
Yes looking forward to a few weeks respite away from that snivelling useless fucking wanker we have as manager.

Southgate aside of course
:D

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:42 am The famous words " his past results have earnt him the chance". That's like saying a saint turned devil has the chance to redeem himself based on the work he done in the past. How many heinous acts must he commit before his saintly past is expunged?!

Of course we know Moyes ain't worried about getting the heave ho, if he was he wouldn't go swanning of to the beaches of Qatar. I think he is just arrogant enough to believe he has done enough to keep the axe sheathed, I believe he even said he deserved the chance based on his achievements here to date.

Let's see how far the board will let him run, I think we have a fair idea regardless of the murmurings.
Even allowing for the fact that we shit he deserves the tin tack on the basis of your first sentence above .
Your final sentence is what we really need to worry about .

After everything that’s happened over the last 3 years it still all boils down to them doesn’t it …
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:42 am The famous words " his past results have earnt him the chance". That's like saying a saint turned devil has the chance to redeem himself based on the work he done in the past. How many heinous acts must he commit before his saintly past is expunged?!

The other one that's pissing me off is the allowance because he got us into Europe twice and this time we got a hundred percent record to date. Whoopee! A different kettle of fish and not opponents that have necessarily come across his tactics on a regular basis. And not exactly hard opposition either. We beat what was , imo, the hardest of the three quite easily.

Of course we know Moyes ain't worried about getting the heave ho, if he was he wouldn't go swanning of to the beaches of Qatar. I think he is just arrogant enough to believe he has done enough to keep the axe sheathed, I believe he even said he deserved the chance based on his achievements here to date.

Let's see how far the board will let him run, I think we have a fair idea regardless of the murmurings.
The fact is,we know his not going to change the way he plays.His been playing this style for 24 years,even playing it at the most successful club in PL history,where the previous manager had lifted 30 odd trophies in his time.He thought he'd change their Entertaining style by bringing in a 7 foot beanpole to continue that success :lol: ..He never even see the first season out,rightly so.I don't expect him to become Pep's Barcelona side by Boxing Day,but it would be nice to see us get over the half way line for a change this season.

He won't change at all,because he don't know how to.,but our board and half the fans on KUMB think he will.It's just going to be a total waste of time imo,when we should have brought in a new manager this week.It's basically going to mess everything up because the incompetence of Sullivan and Co.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:55 pm

The other one that's pissing me off is the allowance because he got us into Europe twice and this time we got a hundred percent record to date. Whoopee! A different kettle of fish and not opponents that have necessarily come across his tactics on a regular basis. And not exactly hard opposition either. We beat what was , imo, the hardest of the three quite easily.

The fact is,we know his not going to change the way he plays.His been playing this style for 24 years,even playing it at the most successful club in PL history,where the previous manager had lifted 30 odd trophies in his time.He thought he'd change their Entertaining style by bringing in a 7 foot beanpole to continue that success :lol: ..He never even see the first season out,rightly so.I don't expect him to become Pep's Barcelona side by Boxing Day,but it would be nice to see us get over the half way line for a change this season.

He won't change at all,because he don't know how to.,but our board and half the fans on KUMB think he will.It's just going to be a total waste of time imo,when we should have brought in a new manager this week.It's basically going to mess everything up because the incompetence of Sullivan and Co.
Unfortunately Tel.
You're spot on.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Towie

Post by Towie »

I see Rangers have sacked their manager.

Come on Gers there a manager here who would love to go home.

🤞🤞🤞
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

The sot of crap you have to read on KUMB :roll:

Moyes has 18 months left on his contract, and I can see him serving it out in full. Continued European progression this season alongside a midtable league finish should be sufficient for him to get another season at it, as long as there's some on pitch progression which he's shown himself to be more than capable of when he gets a squad clicked together

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:27 pm The sot of crap you have to read on KUMB :roll:

Moyes has 18 months left on his contract, and I can see him serving it out in full. Continued European progression this season alongside a midtable league finish should be sufficient for him to get another season at it, as long as there's some on pitch progression which he's shown himself to be more than capable of when he gets a squad clicked together
You don't have to read it on KUMB. Or anywhere else for that matter. If you dislike reading views that don't always align with your own why bother going onto forums at all.?

KUMB is apparently the biggest West Ham site worldwide so I'm guessing it's doing something right. Imo it is over moderated, I've been suspended once for saying people who boo always remind me of people at a gay pride convention waving pink hankies. They thought it was homophobic. Well, guess what. I'm homophobic. That view won't change because some cunt decides to suspend my posting rights for 7 days.

But that said it's a damn sight livelier than this forum (which used to be good back in the day) so maybe different views to be discussed aren't a bad idea after all. Why do you think that a lot of the decent posters who used to come on this forum can't be arsed any more ? And as it happens a few of them have cropped up on KUMB or West Ham Online. Funny that, isn't it ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:26 am
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:27 pm The sot of crap you have to read on KUMB :roll:

You don't have to read it on KUMB. Or anywhere else for that matter. If you dislike reading views that don't always align with your own why bother going onto forums at all.?

KUMB is apparently the biggest West Ham site worldwide so I'm guessing it's doing something right. Imo it is over moderated, I've been suspended once for saying people who boo always remind me of people at a gay pride convention waving pink hankies. They thought it was homophobic. Well, guess what. I'm homophobic. That view won't change because some cunt decides to suspend my posting rights for 7 days.

But that said it's a damn sight livelier than this forum (which used to be good back in the day) so maybe different views to be discussed aren't a bad idea after all. Why do you think that a lot of the decent posters who used to come on this forum can't be arsed any more ? And as it happens a few of them have cropped up on KUMB or West Ham Online. Funny that, isn't it ?
I was banned from KUMB - and it was considerably longer than 7 days - for offering the observation, 'DM at a press conference, reminds me of the type of gormless berk, you see lurking on the periphery at a Gay Pride convention.'

I did wonder afterwards, whether those (KUMBs) moderators are themselves, the types who sleep on the wrong side of the mattress...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:21 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:26 am

I was banned from KUMB - and it was considerably longer than 7 days - for offering the observation, 'DM at a press conference, reminds me of the type of gormless berk, you see lurking on the periphery at a Gay Pride convention.'

I did wonder afterwards, whether those (KUMBs) moderators are themselves, the types who sleep on the wrong side of the mattress...
Mine was a while back. I think it may have been referred to as a suspension rather than a ban. I found out when I tried to post something and a message came up to the effect that I was banished , and then it very grandly said something like 09.27 on 5th September. The moderator who suspended me apparently works in local government, which says it all imo.

3 or 4 years ago I "did time" for daring to suggest there ought to be a league table for the so called "ITKs" where points were awarded for correct rumour mongering and deducted for ones which turned out to be bullshit. That was deeemed to contravene Rule 746, paragraph 49(b), sub section 875 which effectively says that OTKs must not be ridiculed.

Tbh I don't think ITKs need our help to be ridiculed, in my experience the attention seeking no marks make a perfectly good job of that themselves. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?