Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: David Moyes Managerial Ability

Post by JayK »

Towie wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:17 am
JayK wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:47 am

I don’t think he was outstanding either though.

What I don’t understand is how we’ve decided to stop the high intensity pressing which helped us get to those European places the last 2 years. It’s like we beat Liverpool and Chelsea last year and decided we don’t need to do that anymore. Clearly it works as Leeds proved against Chelsea at the weekend
Because the players are not running for him anymore.
Yep. It’s either that or that’s his instructions 😳
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I don’t like Moyes , never have , never wanted him here in the first place , no secret and everybody knows it .

For exactly the reasons outlined and highlighted by many posters on a few different threads .

HOWEVER

I can’t come up with any suggestions as to a potential replacement for the reasons mentioned by Whiskyman amongst others .

Therefore unless Moyes suddenly grows a pair , holds his hands up and takes some responsibility it looks like he’ll be given enough rope to hang himself .

It won’t be until the World Cup break at the earliest though as Sullivan has invested another £120m+ in the useless Scottish cunt and will want his moneys worth first .

I just hope the new lads get chances sooner rather than later to prove Moyes wrong .
I won’t hold my breath though .
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:44 pm I don’t like Moyes , never have , never wanted him here in the first place , no secret and everybody knows it .

For exactly the reasons outlined and highlighted by many posters on a few different threads .

HOWEVER

I can’t come up with any suggestions as to a potential replacement for the reasons mentioned by Whiskyman amongst others .
Therefore unless Moyes suddenly grows a pair , holds his hands up and takes some responsibility it looks like he’ll be given enough rope to hang himself .

It won’t be until the World Cup break at the earliest though as Sullivan has invested another £120m+ in the useless Scottish cunt and will want his moneys worth first .

I just hope the new lads get chances sooner rather than later to prove Moyes wrong .
I won’t hold my breath though .
You don’t like him? :o
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:44 pm
Oi, let's have it right. I haven't said there won't be ANY potential replacements, there will be dozens of the bastards-----just not ones that I think will meet with your approval.

But I'm quite sure you'll get behind Sean Dyche. He's the ginger Mourinho, don't you know .
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:48 pm
Newmarket wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:44 pm
Oi, let's have it right. I haven't said there won't be ANY potential replacements, there will be dozens of the bastards-----just not ones that I think will meet with your approval.

But I'm quite sure you'll get behind Sean Dyche. He's the ginger Mourinho, don't you know .
Do you think any of the potential candidates would even meet your approval Whiskyman ? .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:48 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:48 pm

Do you think any of the potential candidates would even meet your approval Whiskyman ? .
Who are the potential candidates? We can all guess who they might be but in any case my approval, same as anyone else's, doesn't matter does it ? In an ideal world I would love to see West Ham run like a proper, efficient, football club. Dare I say Spurs are a good example of such a club with arguably the best stadium in the world, a state of the art training complex and usually turning in a profit. Those factors enable them to compete for the best people to run the show. But as we know we don't live in an ideal world. We have a stadium most people it seems don't like, we most certainly don't have a state of the art training complex and we often return financial results that are in the red,.Thus candidates likely to consider West Ham for their next job are likely to be of a lower calibre. Like the aforementioned Mr Dyche who someone on this forum has tipped to be the next man in our hot seat.

I have supported West Ham for long enough to realise that second or third best is as good as it's ever likely to get. Fortunately I also realise that, in the overall scheme of things, the achievements or lack of them of the football team I happen to support aren't important enough to get myself worked up over. Of course I'd rather see my team play well and win but if they don't there's sweet fuck all I can do about it either from my seat in the stands or my armchair. All any of us can do is comment on what we've seen and engage in debate on here or, better, down the pub with friends to discuss what went wrong. I coach kids and tbh I'm more concerned about their results than West Ham's because their results are something I can actually try to influence, if that makes sense.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:39 am
Clayton wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:48 am
Who are the potential candidates? We can all guess who they might be but in any case my approval, same as anyone else's, doesn't matter does it ? In an ideal world I would love to see West Ham run like a proper, efficient, football club. Dare I say Spurs are a good example of such a club with arguably the best stadium in the world, a state of the art training complex and usually turning in a profit. Those factors enable them to compete for the best people to run the show. But as we know we don't live in an ideal world. We have a stadium most people it seems don't like, we most certainly don't have a state of the art training complex and we often return financial results that are in the red,.Thus candidates likely to consider West Ham for their next job are likely to be of a lower calibre. Like the aforementioned Mr Dyche who someone on this forum has tipped to be the next man in our hot seat.

I have supported West Ham for long enough to realise that second or third best is as good as it's ever likely to get. Fortunately I also realise that, in the overall scheme of things, the achievements or lack of them of the football team I happen to support aren't important enough to get myself worked up over. Of course I'd rather see my team play well and win but if they don't there's sweet fuck all I can do about it either from my seat in the stands or my armchair. All any of us can do is comment on what we've seen and engage in debate on here or, better, down the pub with friends to discuss what went wrong. I coach kids and tbh I'm more concerned about their results than West Ham's because their results are something I can actually try to influence, if that makes sense.
So if we had all of what Spurs have at their disposal , who would you like to see us have as a potential candidate ? , other then the aforementioned Dyche .
The fact that many clubs in the premier league now have a state of the art training facilities or are in the process of building them makes me wonder how we could even get to sign some players after they have got to see all that Rush Green has to offer .

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Clayton wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:05 am

So if we had all of what Spurs have at their disposal , who would you like to see us have as a potential candidate ? , other then the aforementioned Dyche .
The fact that many clubs in the premier league now have a state of the art training facilities or are in the process of building them makes me wonder how we could even get to sign some players after they have got to see all that Rush Green has to offer .
😀 Nice squeeze. Now all you need is a ruler.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:05 am

I'm sure, in that utopian situation, we would pretty much all come us with similar shortlists. If a club can offer top of the range facilities and is well managed financially, enabling it to challenge for the right to eat at the top table, it would be shopping at Harrods and not Poundland. Take your pick from the likes of Conte, Guardiola, Ancelotti, Enrique, Tuchel, Nagelsmann. Even Sean Dyche could come into consideration if we needed a plumber..

Who would be my number one choice if I was the owner ? God only knows. I haven't met, spoken to or read a psychometric report on any of them, which I am sure is part of the selection process when making an appointment which will cost anything up to £10 million p.a.. At least I suspect they are part of the process at most clubs. But most clubs aren't run by a pair of barrow boys made good are they ?
Last edited by Whiskyman on Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

David Moyes says people would “burst out laughing” if they knew who West Ham had bid for this summer and admits he has lost count of the number of players they’ve targeted.

But we are still laughing....... unfortunately at the quality of players that have come in