Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: What we're seeing now.

Post by Brookbonds73 »

JayK wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:19 pm Well said BB. And without a fuck or a cunt to be found 😃
I know Jay.
I must be slipping 😂
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Although I'm not an admirer of Popeye I think it's too early, for us, to make a change. What needs to be addressed is why are we under performing? Is it the players, is it the manager and his tactics or something else.
The players are picked because they have performed well in training, they play the way Popeye demands them to play and nothing more, any individuality or flare seems to be stifled out. Are the players now getting pissed off with Popeye's negative predictable tactics and therefore seem to be underperforming or is it that Popeye is actually a tactical genius and our players are not good enough to play his complicated football. Maybe the something else is that Moyes is loosing the dressing room because of his tactical prowess or man management.
Who knows
One thing for sure is whatever the problem is, needs to addressed now, before it lands us in the shit this season.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Clayton wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:23 pm
HamstasParadise wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:22 pm Ideally there will be an uptick in form/results and the new players will gel and we will be less predictable in our set up and style. I’d rather not have a change of manager as I quite like the work ethic and team spirit he and his team instils.

The problem with the belief we’ve gone as far as we can with a manager is “Ok, who then?” How far can anyone take us quickly and permanently? I think this latest splurge of spending will not be repeated for a while, it must have created considerable debt. It needs to be allowed a bit more time to work.

The “proven world class manager with trophies to his name” certainly didn’t work last time, we were too easy to beat.

It’s very competitive in the space below the usual top six, with numerous clubs thinking they should be in the chase for Europa League. We are one of many.

I agree that a run at top 6 every now and then is probably Moyes ceiling, but it is easy to get in a mess chopping and changing. Too many managers are not allowed to ride out the tough spells for long enough, the chop comes too quickly. (Mind you the knives are always out for players after a few ordinary weeks too).

I’d be happy with a change right now if success is guaranteed and long lived. But I don’t think it can be certain that it would be better rather than worse. So who would we gamble on?
That “proven world class manager with trophies to his name” certainly didn’t work last time, we were too easy to beat , and the reason being he was well past his sell by date , maybe the owners really thought they were onto a winner when they brought Death back from China , but he was a poor image of his former self .
With our expenditure and fan base now we shouldn't be just one of many competing for that spot just outside of the top six we should be a dead cert , even competing for that spot in 6th .
Would I want a change of management ? , of cause I would , didn't want the bug-eyed jock in the first place , to many memories of his stint at Everton . There is no denying he got the squad fit and punching above their weight , but his tactics are one dimensional , confusing and uninspiring and it appears that the opposition have all caught on to how we setup every week .
He has been backed by the owners and brought in some tremendous talent , yet he continues in the same old way , not knowing how to get the best from what he has at his disposal now .
Problem is who could we get and who would want the job , to build in all fairness on what Moyes has started , thing if it ain't fixed soon it could all fall apart and we would be back where we were , a middle of the pack club at times fighting it out in the relegation zone .
Like you say Clay, peligrini was well past his prime and looking for one last pay day and duped the stunted one in to thinking he was the new Messiah.
Me personally I'd have Pochettino.
Younger more ideas, not afraid of youth players playing, a far better proposition for attracting new players and would get the best out of the talent we have.
I'd also have Mark Noble as his number two.

Best of all, he wouldn't cost a penny.
Just pay off wee jock mcplop and let's move forward.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:37 pm
JayK wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:19 pm Well said BB. And without a fuck or a cunt to be found 😃
I know Jay.
I must be slipping 😂
I beg to differ ......without a fuck or a cunt....Moyes was mentioned by name on numerous occasions

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:48 pm Although I'm not an admirer of Popeye I think it's too early, for us, to make a change. What needs to be addressed is why are we under performing? Is it the players, is it the manager and his tactics or something else.
The players are picked because they have performed well in training, they play the way Popeye demands them to play and nothing more, any individuality or flare seems to be stifled out. Are the players now getting pissed off with Popeye's negative predictable tactics and therefore seem to be underperforming or is it that Popeye is actually a tactical genius and our players are not good enough to play his complicated football. Maybe the something else is that Moyes is loosing the dressing room because of his tactical prowess or man management.
Who knows
One thing for sure is whatever the problem is, needs to addressed now, before it lands us in the shit this season.
I think he's just limited in his capabilities Andy.
Far too set in his ways to change now.
On paper this is a top six squad all day long when it's firing on all cylinders, more than a match for anyone.
And yet last night we're hanging on for dear life against a Danish side that would at best struggle in the championship.
Something has got to change.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:51 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:37 pm

I know Jay.
I must be slipping 😂
I beg to differ ......without a fuck or a cunt....Moyes was mentioned by name on numerous occasions
😂

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

I think the one thing Moyes is right in is his statement saying how much Noble is missed. Noble might have seen better days as a prem player but he was probably instrumental in keeping the teams morale high and team spirit alight.

I am going to say something that might, to some if not all, sound controversial Though off the top of my head I can't think of a replacement, though I am sure there are one or two. I think it was a mistake to make Rice captain.

His performances have in the main been mediocre since taking the band permanently, and he seems to take matters on that he appears too I'll equipped to handle. I feel that his elevation in one area has lead to a drop in another. That is merely my opinion, and could be a million miles from the truth.

Of course it could also mean he too is pissed off with playing the same way. As Andy said it stifles.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:48 pm
Clayton wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:23 pm

That “proven world class manager with trophies to his name” certainly didn’t work last time, we were too easy to beat , and the reason being he was well past his sell by date , maybe the owners really thought they were onto a winner when they brought Death back from China , but he was a poor image of his former self .
With our expenditure and fan base now we shouldn't be just one of many competing for that spot just outside of the top six we should be a dead cert , even competing for that spot in 6th .
Would I want a change of management ? , of cause I would , didn't want the bug-eyed jock in the first place , to many memories of his stint at Everton . There is no denying he got the squad fit and punching above their weight , but his tactics are one dimensional , confusing and uninspiring and it appears that the opposition have all caught on to how we setup every week .
He has been backed by the owners and brought in some tremendous talent , yet he continues in the same old way , not knowing how to get the best from what he has at his disposal now .
Problem is who could we get and who would want the job , to build in all fairness on what Moyes has started , thing if it ain't fixed soon it could all fall apart and we would be back where we were , a middle of the pack club at times fighting it out in the relegation zone .
Like you say Clay, peligrini was well past his prime and looking for one last pay day and duped the stunted one in to thinking he was the new Messiah.
Me personally I'd have Pochettino.
Younger more ideas, not afraid of youth players playing, a far better proposition for attracting new players and would get the best out of the talent we have.
I'd also have Mark Noble as his number two.

Best of all, he wouldn't cost a penny.
Just pay off wee jock mcplop and let's move forward.
Pochettino , yes please but doubt he would even take a second look at us , or would he ? , Do we have within our squad the makings of a Pochettino team is the question , because if not the owners would have to dig deep into their pockets . At least he would use any of the youth who show potential .

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:11 pm I think the one thing Moyes is right in is his statement saying how much Noble is missed. Noble might have seen better days as a prem player but he was probably instrumental in keeping the teams morale high and team spirit alight.

I am going to say something that might, to some if not all, sound controversial Though off the top of my head I can't think of a replacement, though I am sure there are one or two. I think it was a mistake to make Rice captain.

His performances have in the main been mediocre since taking the band permanently, and he seems to take matters on that he appears too I'll equipped to handle. I feel that his elevation in one area has lead to a drop in another. That is merely my opinion, and could be a million miles from the truth.

Of course it could also mean he too is pissed off with playing the same way. As Andy said it stifles.
I don't think you're too far off the mark at all Joe.
Noble is without doubt missed.
Whilst Rice is an outstanding player, I think he still needs an older head round him for guidance.
I also agree that there's an element of frustration with him regarding the managers tactics.

Post by 9898 »

Nothings changed the last 2 years. The difference is last half of last season and this season is not covid interrupted amd is real football.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."