Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: If Daniel Křetínský Has Ambition for West Ham,he needs to act now.

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:20 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:03 pm

Tbh I don’t pay much attention to rumours. But in any case I think Villa are seen as a bigger club than us. They have won championships and the European Cup. I always look at it this way. If I were a football manager which club would I rather work for.
Would you say Nottingham Forest are bigger Club than us then?
Depends how you quantify bigger. Based on crowds no. Based on major honours yes. But don’t panic, Pochettino won’t end up there either.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tokyojoe wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:21 pm Bloke won fuck all at Spurs with kane and Son up front.
And didn’t win Lihue 1 in his only full season with PSG-

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

tokyojoe wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:21 pm Bloke won fuck all at Spurs with kane and Son up front.
Also lost a two horse race to finish third I recall

:lol:

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:23 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:20 pm

Would you say Nottingham Forest are bigger Club than us then?
Depends how you quantify bigger. Based on crowds no. Based on major honours yes. But don’t panic, Pochettino won’t end up there either.
I bet if you went anywhere in the World and asked other Football fans do you know either Villa or West Ham,the majority would be in our favour though.Villa may have won more than us,but at this moment in time I would say our club are a bigger attraction.London based,60,000+ at home.Would have to be.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:35 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:23 pm

I bet if you went anywhere in the World and asked other Football fans do you know either Villa or West Ham,the majority would be in our favour though.Villa may have won more than us,but at this moment in time I would say our club are a bigger attraction.London based,60,000+ at home.Would have to be.
Being based in London is a plus. But we are the fourth rated team in London and not seen as one of the big fish despite our performances over the past 2 seasons. This question about what is a "big club" is one that can never really be answered because there are so many different things that being "big" can be judged by.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:46 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:35 pm

Being based in London is a plus. But we are the fourth rated team in London and not seen as one of the big fish despite our performances over the past 2 seasons. This question about what is a "big club" is one that can never really be answered because there are so many different things that being "big" can be judged by.
I don't disagree with you Whiskyman,but you were saying Villa is a better proposition than us,that's all.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:17 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:46 pm

I don't disagree with you Whiskyman,but you were saying Villa is a better proposition than us,that's all.
i refer you to my earlier question. If you had a decision to make yourself if YOU were a football manager. Which club would YOU choose to work for at the moment ?

Think about it that way and, after thinking about it, tell me Villa aren't the better proposition. I'm not saying they're a GOOD one, just better than us with the present ownership. If you get the chance watch the Amazon "All or Nothing" series about Arsenal, take notice of the way the CLUB is run, not just the on the pitch bits btw, and see if you honestly think West Ham is likely to have anything like that structure behind them.

Josh JKroenke, the bloke in charge, also features so you can also listen to what he has to say, which is quite insightful.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:51 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:17 pm

i refer you to my earlier question. If you had a decision to make yourself if YOU were a football manager. Which club would YOU choose to work for at the moment ?

Think about it that way and, after thinking about it, tell me Villa aren't the better proposition. I'm not saying they're a GOOD one, just better than us with the present ownership. If you get the chance watch the Amazon "All or Nothing" series about Arsenal, take notice of the way the CLUB is run, not just the on the pitch bits btw, and see if you honestly think West Ham is likely to have anything like that structure behind them.

Josh JKroenke, the bloke in charge, also features so you can also listen to what he has to say, which is quite insightful.
I would do exactly what you would do.I would listen to both parties to see what they had to say and choose West Ham :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:28 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:51 pm

I would do exactly what you would do.I would listen to both parties to see what they had to say and choose West Ham :lol:
I’d speak to Villa to see what they had to say. Wouldn’t bother speaking to the dwarf because I had him sussed even before he bought West Ham. Easy to read because he always lies if his lips are moving

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Whisky, believe it or not our backroom structure has improved a lot over the last two seasons. Now while it might not be as good as Arsenal and the like we are in a much better place than we have been for a long time. For example, look how quickly injured players are getting back to fitness.

People slag off our training facilities but there is little difference between what we have and Chelsea have apart from the number of pitches, and they also have portakabins around the training ground too.

See what we're doing as an evolution, not a revolution. That's the difference between us and Villa and why over the last few seasons we're doing better.