Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
andyginbrasil

Re: If Daniel Křetínský Has Ambition for West Ham,he needs to act now.

Post by andyginbrasil »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:13 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:54 pm

I don't know but I would of thought that Moyes was responsible in bringing in the new youngsters to the academy over the last 2 years, picking out player's that will fit in with his style of play, and instructing training and tactics to the training staff.
Therefore must be responsible for at least some of the crap that's happening in the academy

As a heads up...U21's
So far this season
Played 9......lost......7......Won......0.....Drew....2

Hardly inspiring in a Micky Mouse league
That accolade can go to Mark Robson
Hmmmm a tad embarrassing I'd expect

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:03 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:32 pm

The Arsenal academy players will be given game time at some point, if they're deemed good enough, either when European qualification has been assured with games to spare or at the early stages of the league/f.a cup start ups. Ours will be picked but only to warm the bench, as jock shitty knickers is petrified of trying something remotely different. We took a young kid away to Europe a couple of weeks ago, who supposedly is the real deal and the same thing happened again, bench warming at it's finest. Youngsters ain't stupid and neither are their parents, they want to play, not to be given a sightseeing wish you were hear tour of a town ffs.
Word gets around and if they've no hope of any game time whatsoever they'll leave. Look at last season's European night when he shit the bed and played the kids, we narrowly lost 1-0, they didn't disgrace themselves in front of a full house, what an experience for them. But you never saw them again. Sure he had them on the bench to make the numbers up and they probably learned Czech through Alex Kral, but actual game time, forget it.
There's a reason so many of our academy players want out, and it's all down to one person.
But surely it's ridiculous to blame Moyes for academy products not making the grade when the trend isn't a new one. The players I mentioned who have played some games for us were hardly superstars and there are only 3 of them. Moyes has only been at the club for a few short years, the academy hasn't produced anyone of real talent (I exclude Rice because he came to us second hand so to speak) since Mark Noble FFS. Back in the day we used to be a force to be reckoned with in the F A Youth Cup. We';ve done next to nothing in that competition for years and one season we even managed to get knocked out by fucking Accrington Stanley.

The batch that played in the Zagreb match acquitted themselves reasonably well as you say. But with the exception of Perkins who left and Alese who was sold they are still on our books. Longelo is apparently doing well on loan at Birmingham, Okoflex is getting a bit of game time at Swansea which is encouraging and good for their development. But Chesters is out at Colchester who are languishing at the wrong end of League Two, and he isn't a regular starter there, which doesn't suggest to me someone who is close to being ready to play for West Ham..

As for so many wanting out I'm not close enough to the club to know if this is true or not. Perkins head was turned by money apparently and obviously I've heard the rumblings about Ashby, but tbh as for the rest I haven't got a bloody clue whether they want to stick or twist. No, the problem with the academy has nothing to do with Moyes. I've suspected for some time that the facilities are being compared unfavourably with those of our London rivals but if what HD1 is saying is correct that is apparently not the case. So the question that needs asking is why are Arsenal and Chelsea, to quote just two, able to develop and groom fit for purpose PL footballers while we appear to be unable to do so?
Money.
Plain and simple.
As we are in the premier League we're fighting against far bigger resources than we're prepared to offer.
I'm not blaming Moyes for this of course, but what does rankle me is continually having youngsters warming the bench. If we are winning a match comfortably (not always the case, with Moyes's genius tactics) then give them 10-15 minutes, if you like what you see do it again next time, don't have the poor cunt making up the numbers on a depleted bench for four months, because you bought fuck all in the transfer window so your making it look good by filling it with kids who've no hope of getting on the pitch. It's bollocks and a complete waste of time.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:28 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:03 pm

But surely it's ridiculous to blame Moyes for academy products not making the grade when the trend isn't a new one. The players I mentioned who have played some games for us were hardly superstars and there are only 3 of them. Moyes has only been at the club for a few short years, the academy hasn't produced anyone of real talent (I exclude Rice because he came to us second hand so to speak) since Mark Noble FFS. Back in the day we used to be a force to be reckoned with in the F A Youth Cup. We';ve done next to nothing in that competition for years and one season we even managed to get knocked out by fucking Accrington Stanley.

The batch that played in the Zagreb match acquitted themselves reasonably well as you say. But with the exception of Perkins who left and Alese who was sold they are still on our books. Longelo is apparently doing well on loan at Birmingham, Okoflex is getting a bit of game time at Swansea which is encouraging and good for their development. But Chesters is out at Colchester who are languishing at the wrong end of League Two, and he isn't a regular starter there, which doesn't suggest to me someone who is close to being ready to play for West Ham..

As for so many wanting out I'm not close enough to the club to know if this is true or not. Perkins head was turned by money apparently and obviously I've heard the rumblings about Ashby, but tbh as for the rest I haven't got a bloody clue whether they want to stick or twist. No, the problem with the academy has nothing to do with Moyes. I've suspected for some time that the facilities are being compared unfavourably with those of our London rivals but if what HD1 is saying is correct that is apparently not the case. So the question that needs asking is why are Arsenal and Chelsea, to quote just two, able to develop and groom fit for purpose PL footballers while we appear to be unable to do so?
Money.
Plain and simple.
As we are in the premier League we're fighting against far bigger resources than we're prepared to offer.
I'm not blaming Moyes for this of course, but what does rankle me is continually having youngsters warming the bench. If we are winning a match comfortably (not always the case, with Moyes's genius tactics) then give them 10-15 minutes, if you like what you see do it again next time, don't have the poor cunt making up the numbers on a depleted bench for four months, because you bought fuck all in the transfer window so your making it look good by filling it with kids who've no hope of getting on the pitch. It's bollocks and a complete waste of time.
Might as well have Gold and stumpy on the bench....a long with the two keepers....

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:28 pm Getting us back on topic ….

https://www.hammers.news/club-news/bill ... -takeover/
10.5 billion ?

Fucking pauper.

Wouldn't get out of bed for that.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:17 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:13 pm

That accolade can go to Mark Robson
Not really, have a look at the loanees and you'll see most of our 'decent' older players are out on loan

Towie

Post by Towie »

hd1 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:56 pm

Not really, have a look at the loanees and you'll see most of our 'decent' older players are out on loan
Correct, and 2nd to Man City only last season in U21 league.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

In any sport loosing 7 out of 9 games, and not winning one is embarrassing. Maybe not to you but certainly their manager as well as the youngsters having to get beaten week in and week out.
As you say there are a few out on loan which in itself shows that we have nothing coming through the youth ranks no strength in depth where we were once at the top of the pile.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:50 pm

In any sport loosing 7 out of 9 games, and not winning one is embarrassing. Maybe not to you but certainly their manager as well as the youngsters having to get beaten week in and week out.
As you say there are a few out on loan which in itself shows that we have nothing coming through the youth ranks no strength in depth where we were once at the top of the pile.
It's never nice losing week in week out, but 5 of 7 players out on loan have been in and around the 1st team squads, and Coventry has moved up so they are big losses to any young squad. Should we backfill to up the numbers? My view is no, we should keep on trying and bring these youngsters on and if that means a tough season so be it. It wont have a long term affect on them and will get them used to the realities of (PL) life.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

hd1 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:17 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:50 pm

It's never nice losing week in week out, but 5 of 7 players out on loan have been in and around the 1st team squads, and Coventry has moved up so they are big losses to any young squad. Should we backfill to up the numbers? My view is no, we should keep on trying and bring these youngsters on and if that means a tough season so be it. It wont have a long term affect on them and will get them used to the realities of (PL) life.
Totally agree