Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Its all our fault...

Post by terrya1965 »

Towie wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:29 pm World class for me means you get into any team in the world, Rice for me does.

Pacqueta no chance.
I remember West Ham fans say BOTH Tevez and Mascherano were rubbish too.Tevez came alive in the last ten games and then became the best thing since sliced bread.

Would you say they are both World Class,because I would?Mascherano was the best holding midfielder in the world and that's why he ended up at Barcelona.

If Paqueta played for even a Brighton,you would see a better player than the one they plays for us imo.Both him and Scamacca will go on to better things.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:10 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:48 pm

Two world class players in our ranks ? Pray tell. I assume you are claiming Rice as one of them but I'll be buggered if I can come remotely close to naming another one.

As for the other statistic ,whilst I agree Lage is unlucky to have got the sack particularly as they lost their new striker without him kicking a ball for them, all the possession and all the shots in the world mean diddly squat. The only statistics that matter are the number of goals scored and points gathered.

Unless you're one of those sniffy cunts who wander around pompously claiming they'd prefer to lose an "entertaining" game 3-4 than scratch out a 1-0 win.
I will give you a little clue.His team are the Favorites for this years World Cup and many have said,with Neymar,his the FIRST man on the team sheet..Hope that helps Whiskyman.
But his form for us since joining ?? World class ?? As I've said before Paqueta arrived to a great fanfare, just as our last Brazilian superstar, Felipe Anderson (remember him ?) did. Some players instantly make you realise they are special. Remember Payet's debut ? Has Paqueta done anything so far to make you think he is special ?

Maybe he will, maybe he won't. But world class ? Do me a favour.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:52 pm
Towie wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:29 pm World class for me means you get into any team in the world, Rice for me does.

Pacqueta no chance.
I remember West Ham fans say BOTH Tevez and Mascherano were rubbish too.Tevez came alive in the last ten games and then became the best thing since sliced bread.

Would you say they are both World Class,because I would?Mascherano was the best holding midfielder in the world and that's why he ended up at Barcelona.

If Paqueta played for even a Brighton,you would see a better player than the one they plays for us imo.Both him and Scamacca will go on to better things.
My recollection, and I had a season ticket back then, was that it wasn't the West Ham fans who thought Tevez and Mascherano were rubbish , but the complete brain dead prick who was our manager at the time who felt that Hayden Mullins was a better holdong midfield player and Marlon Harewood a better striker. When common sense prevailed, and the dipstick was sacked, Tevez showed his class. Unfortunately Mascherano had already moved to Scouseland. and we never saw him used to proper effect.

Because Pardew is, was and always will be a shining example of how the hopelessly inadequate can somehow steal a very goiod living from football.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Pacqueta no chance.

Don’t remember any West Ham fans saying Tevez and Mascherano were rubbish tbh. Most West Ham fans are very knowledgeable and knew as soon as we signed them we had 2 world class players unfortunately the smug prick Pardew thought he knew better.

As for Pacqueta world class? Wouldn’t even get in the Premier league top 11.

I’m afraid world class these days seems to be bandied about for even average players.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:19 am

Don’t remember any West Ham fans saying Tevez and Mascherano were rubbish tbh. Most West Ham fans are very knowledgeable and knew as soon as we signed them we had 2 world class players unfortunately the smug prick Pardew thought he knew better.

I’m afraid world class these days seems to be bandied about for even average players.
Quite right. A world class post if I may say so. ;)

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:06 pm Playing a bit of Devil's advocate here.

Wolves had 61% of possession and 15 shots away from home and the manager gets the sack.They are only a SINGLE point behind us.We have got at least a couple world class players in our ranks too,but play the most boring Football in the PL.But his job is safe has houses..How can that be?
Two world class players Terry ? , I would take a guess at one of them being Rice , but the other one I have no idea who that could be . I doubt very much if any of the team could even get into a 2nd world eleven , one or two may get onto the bench though in a 3rd world eleven .

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:59 am

My recollection, and I had a season ticket back then, was that it wasn't the West Ham fans who thought Tevez and Mascherano were rubbish , but the complete brain dead prick who was our manager at the time who felt that Hayden Mullins was a better holdong midfield player and Marlon Harewood a better striker. When common sense prevailed, and the dipstick was sacked, Tevez showed his class. Unfortunately Mascherano had already moved to Scouseland. and we never saw him used to proper effect.

Because Pardew is, was and always will be a shining example of how the hopelessly inadequate can somehow steal a very goiod living from football.
I think him and Moyes have that in common. They are no good at managing World Class Footballers.

I know many will not like what I say,but Rice would be a lot better player elsewhere than here.Even at somewhere like Brighton,where they play some lovely football.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:10 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:59 am

I think him and Moyes have that in common. They are no good at managing World Class Footballers.

I know many will not like what I say,but Rice would be a lot better player elsewhere than here.Even at somewhere like Brighton,where they play some lovely football.
That expression "lovely football" always amuses me. What exactly does it mean ? Different things to different people I guess. Some of the greatest footballers in my lifetime have been defenders. Bobby Moore, Paolo Maldini, Franco Baresi to name 3. Their job was basically to stifle creativity, which they did excellently. Isn't that lovely football in one sense of the word ?

Bet it's not what you meant though is it. ;)

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Towie wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:19 am

He will never be allowed to be "World Class" under Moyes with his pragmatic style though.We will never see the best of him,while Moyes is manager here.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:25 am
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:10 am

That expression "lovely football" always amuses me. What exactly does it mean ? Different things to different people I guess. Some of the greatest footballers in my lifetime have been defenders. Bobby Moore, Paolo Maldini, Franco Baresi to name 3. Their job was basically to stifle creativity, which they did excellently. Isn't that lovely football in one sense of the word ?

Bet it's not what you meant though is it. ;)
It's easier to tell you what it doesn't mean, defend and punt for example. We have had one or two of those and it was far from lovely.

But even lovely football can turn sour. Moyes being a prime example. I didn't mind watching his football ( a step up from lardarses ) the first full season, but it ceased being lovely when it stopped working. Now it looks more like football without a clear direction, or more a failing one.

As for individuals, Moore yes, Brooking yes, Devonshire yes. The list can continue.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest