Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Well now David.

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:39 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:58 pm

I’ll pass on that. Think you’re right about the kids though. But if Euro football wasn’t a factor would they continue coming. In other words will they become the diehards of the future?

Imo the football demographic is changing. As you say kids now can’t afford to go to every home match, never mind take in some away days like we used to. But they can watch football from all over the world on the box. The last time my youngest grandchildren pestered me to take them to a game it was to see Barca at the Camp Nou. Messi was still there then. Would they want to go there now? No. They would want to go to the Etihad to see Erling Haaland.

And ask them what team they support and they’ll say Stevenage because the live very near the town and see them as their local team, and at the moment they’ve enjoyed a bit of success. And their old man, my youngest, can take them to a game at The Lamex for under £60 all in.
Nice one mate. Good to see.
Can you still park at the back of the stand where the fair used to be. Bloody hazardous getting across that road. 😂
I'm guessing you mean the parking area the other side of Broadhall Way. Yes you can still park there but it can take a while to get out afterwards. You do take your life in your hands crossing the road but because we take the grandkids if we go we always use the underpass. A bit of a minor detour but safer !! If the boy's got brownie points in the bag he gets huis missus to drop them off there and come and pick them up afterwards.

I didn't go but he took the kids to the game where they won promotion.. The kids went onto the pitch afterwards and the players were out there letting them have photographs with them and such like. Iy seems to be a well run little outfit tbh. I know they do a lot of community work in the area.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

The Moyes in or out thing is getting quite funny now tbh. Listened to Nick (Claret & Booze) earlier and he highlighted the fact that it's turning fans against each other. Broke my own rules and looked at a few twitter feeds and a lot of people seem to be doing the Moyes debate version of the fucking hokey cokey. In, Out, In, Out shake it all about.

Then I listed to Geo, who I think is noemally quite good. But even he seems to have lost the plot. If I read him right he doesn't want Moyes as manager next season but he hopes we win the conference and if we do he thinks Moyes deserves to manage the club next season. Imo he's missing the point. He put forward a very good argument about the poor transfer window in the summer, knows the league form has been relegation standard and yet says winning the conference entitles Moyes to a nother season.

Surely a manager should be judged on overall performance rather than taking one achievement in isolation.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 4:19 pm The Moyes in or out thing is getting quite funny now tbh. Listened to Nick (Claret & Booze) earlier and he highlighted the fact that it's turning fans against each other. Broke my own rules and looked at a few twitter feeds and a lot of people seem to be doing the Moyes debate version of the fucking hokey cokey. In, Out, In, Out shake it all about.

Then I listed to Geo, who I think is noemally quite good. But even he seems to have lost the plot. If I read him right he doesn't want Moyes as manager next season but he hopes we win the conference and if we do he thinks Moyes deserves to manage the club next season. Imo he's missing the point. He put forward a very good argument about the poor transfer window in the summer, knows the league form has been relegation standard and yet says winning the conference entitles Moyes to a nother season.

Surely a manager should be judged on overall performance rather than taking one achievement in isolation.
Let's put it all in to perspective here.
The PL is our bread and butter.Without it,the club won't make the revenue we make.We having been nothing short of dreadful,not just for the results,but the negative Football.This competition matters the most,anything else is just a bonus for a club like us,especially has we are unlikely to make the Champions League.

Now the Conference League.I think that ANY team in the PL SHOULD make the Sem Finals considering the opposition have been lower Championship level at very best,until now.

Saying that,It would be fantastic to win it because it's a European Trophy and it leads us back in the Europa League next year.Let's not kid ourselves and pretend that Moyes has done an amazing job(like some West Ham fans like to believe) to reach the Semi Finals of the CL.Personally,I believe it's the team wanting this,rather than Moyes's tactics.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 4:19 pm The Moyes in or out thing is getting quite funny now tbh. Listened to Nick (Claret & Booze) earlier and he highlighted the fact that it's turning fans against each other. Broke my own rules and looked at a few twitter feeds and a lot of people seem to be doing the Moyes debate version of the fucking hokey cokey. In, Out, In, Out shake it all about.

For me personally I want the arsewipe gone regardless, all this shite about a tinpot cup has no bearing whatsoever on giving the prick another go at the helm.
Either walk out or be dragged out by his egg shaped eyeballs is my motto.
Barely surviving in the premier and having a semi final in the balance against a Dutch side most premier teams would have dispatched with ease, cuts no ice with me I'm afraid.
Wasting millions, turning decent players in to statutes and relying on failed methods are the real issues here. Oh and did I forget the turgid shite he calls football.
Win the cup, lose the cup, but either way, get the fuck away from our club, the pathetic cunt.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

…and as you well know , being a poster on that other site yourself , to keep within those parameters the narrative (Kumb word 🤣) is that within the latest 3 seasons he has overseen 2 top 7 PL finishes and at LEAST 2 European semi-finals .

And therefore deserves to at least see out his contract.

Not a fucking word about the dross we’ve had to endure in the league for the last 18 months .

Friday morning will see the end of him if we lose in Holland .
Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

Quite right, this season has been disastrous, even if we win this cup he should be gone based on Summer Transfer 180m outlay and 20pts worse off.

This trophy we have been favourites all the way through, if we don’t win then that is another failure on his part.

But if it meant winning trophy and him staying for 1 more season, I’ll take trophy as no doubt he will make us worse again and this time the patience song be there from the dwarf.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:21 pm

…and as you well know , being a poster on that other site yourself , to keep within those parameters the narrative (Kumb word 🤣) is that within the latest 3 seasons he has overseen 2 top 7 PL finishes and at LEAST 2 European semi-finals .

Not a fucking word about the dross we’ve had to endure in the league for the last 18 months .

I don’t see it as KUMB “policy” to champion the keep him cause. There is a lot of anti Moyes sentiment expressed. But there are 2 or 3 very robust defenders of Moyes. I think they also happen to be moderators.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

"Surely a manager should be judged on overall performance rather than taking one achievement in isolation"

A good point Whisky- And i wonder how many of the keep Moyes for another season if he wins the CL are ones that were happy to see John Lyall go who definately didnt achieve less..

Sometimes i think Moyes is so desperate to win silverware he is happy to put aside the clubs bread and butter when a less relevant opportunity arrives. Last season it was the EL this season the CL, both seasons -----well you know what has happened. Nothing wrong with going for both but Moyes doesnt have the ability.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:58 pm
Newmarket wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:21 pm

I don’t see it as KUMB “policy” to champion the keep him cause. There is a lot of anti Moyes sentiment expressed. But there are 2 or 3 very robust defenders of Moyes. I think they also happen to be moderators.
Thing is mate,you say anything Anti Moyes,they will gang up on you.The Moyes lovers seem to get away with murder too.I did dare ask the question what was in it for the moderators to be backing Moyes,no matter what he does and got banned. :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:24 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:58 pm

Thing is mate,you say anything Anti Moyes,they will gang up on you.The Moyes lovers seem to get away with murder too.I did dare ask the question what was in it for the moderators to be backing Moyes,no matter what he does and got banned. :lol:
Frankly Terry that is utter bollocks. I have posted critical comments about Moyes on there and have not been "ganged up" on. And generally when people have responded to my posts most have agreed, but, of course, some have not.

If you're sensitive about people ganging up on you I suggest instead of talking bollocks you try growing some. ;)