Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
whu

Re: Well now David.

Post by whu »

Moyes has massively under-achieved. £180m spend in the Summer, adding to a good squad, and we are still not safe with two games to go. Anyone remotely thinking this is even part acceptable, if fucking mental. Truly. Aim low get low. That's Moyes and his turgid dogshit football, most of the time. Until now, we have played mostly Championship and lower standard of team, in Europe. Be honest.
We are going abroad tomorrow despite this cunt, truly. IRONS !!!
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:53 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:54 am

Of course we will struggle next season, and for many seasons after that. West Ham is, and always has been, a club that, thanks to a boardroom attitude of "as long as we stay up". The ethos of failure, acceptance of second and third best as the norm, and a total inability to structure the club into a business fit for purpose from top to bottom has ensured that mediocrity is built into the fabric of the place.

Declan Rice's departure will unbalance the team significantly. The position he occupies in it is a key one and he happens to be very good at it. No player is irreplaceable but Rice is the nearest thing to irreplaceable I've seen at West Ham for many years. At long last we are talking about employing a Director of Football. Oh Well bloody done. Only about 10 years too late. Many high profile names have been floated as candidates, just as they are when managerial appointments are imminent. But I suspect we will end up with yet another former player or lackey to perpetuate the jobs for the iold boys culture that seems rife within the club.

It wouldn't even surprise me to see Barry Silkman roll up and take the job tbh. But amazingly season tickets will sell out again, the money will continue to roll in, so the business model is very much alive and kicking. It never ceases to amaze me how football fans, and not just West Ham fans, constantly complain about the underachievemnt and poor performances of their chosen clubs, moan about rising ticket prices.expensive replica shirtas and so on and yet continue to shell out their hard earned year in, year out.

Who was it said that thing about a fool and his money ?

Absolutely spot on.
On the very rare occasion if I'm offered a freebie I'll wander over there, but be fucked would I pay to watch that nauseating cunt and his team of merry men. No! been there done that on far too many occasions and it'll never happen again. They don't want me or my like to darken their doors, they want the tourist and the youth of today who don't know shit from putty about this club and I won't give them a penny ever again. No siree bob, not a brass razzoo will I hand over until this club is run like a club should be run and not a fucking circus. (I suspect I'll have a long wait!)
There's no fucking chance I'm handing over a wedge that that little shortarse cunt can spend on a night out with his old sloshpot or that will contribute to paying that abject serial failure of a manager his wages.
Like I said before I hope we win the cup and for the fans that go I wish them all the best. Have a great time chaps, I've been there and seen it a long time ago, they haven't.
But as regards to ever buying anything from a season ticket down to a paper clip, not a penny will I give.
Perhaps one day the penny will drop for some fans, equally there are those that will never fathom out what this circus is really all about.
I guess some people just have to learn the hard way.
Do you really believe the board think they can attract the tourist spectator ? Tourists, and I've taken my kids and grandkids to Camp Nou, Bernabeu, Allianz Arena and San Siro over the many years I've watched the game. And we did the stadium tours and took in the trophy rooms. I've alwayd assumed that's what so called "tourists" do. They have no affinity to the club but go to see the stadium because of the club's history and success.

Casual tourists aren't going to come to West Ham for that, are they ? A trophy room ffs. Do we actually have one ? And if we do what does it have in it ? Surplus tacky merchandise that they can't knock out in the club store ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:43 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:53 pm

Absolutely spot on.
On the very rare occasion if I'm offered a freebie I'll wander over there, but be fucked would I pay to watch that nauseating cunt and his team of merry men. No! been there done that on far too many occasions and it'll never happen again. They don't want me or my like to darken their doors, they want the tourist and the youth of today who don't know shit from putty about this club and I won't give them a penny ever again. No siree bob, not a brass razzoo will I hand over until this club is run like a club should be run and not a fucking circus. (I suspect I'll have a long wait!)
There's no fucking chance I'm handing over a wedge that that little shortarse cunt can spend on a night out with his old sloshpot or that will contribute to paying that abject serial failure of a manager his wages.
Like I said before I hope we win the cup and for the fans that go I wish them all the best. Have a great time chaps, I've been there and seen it a long time ago, they haven't.
But as regards to ever buying anything from a season ticket down to a paper clip, not a penny will I give.
Perhaps one day the penny will drop for some fans, equally there are those that will never fathom out what this circus is really all about.
I guess some people just have to learn the hard way.
Do you really believe the board think they can attract the tourist spectator ? Tourists, and I've taken my kids and grandkids to Camp Nou, Bernabeu, Allianz Arena and San Siro over the many years I've watched the game. And we did the stadium tours and took in the trophy rooms. I've alwayd assumed that's what so called "tourists" do. They have no affinity to the club but go to see the stadium because of the club's history and success.

Casual tourists aren't going to come to West Ham for that, are they ? A trophy room ffs. Do we actually have one ? And if we do what does it have in it ? Surplus tacky merchandise that they can't knock out in the club store ?
Put it this way I think there's more kids attending West Ham matches at the OS due to our recent exploits in to Europe, not millions, but enough to suggest that they're interested in what's happening. Of course you'll see kids wandering around wearing Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd shirts etc, but that's always been the case. But can or do they ever go to those clubs and watch them? Football's bloody expensive these days a trip to the Etihad for a family is an expense people just can't afford. The whole of Stratford and it's surrounding areas used to be a shit hole, but not anymore, go back toward Bow church and you'll see regeneration going on at a rapid rate and it's not the locals that can afford these luxury places, it's tourists. Whole apartment buildings bought by overseas investors. And at the centre of it all is West Ham, slap bang in the middle of all that wealth.
Whilst the ordinary working class family can barely afford to take their offspring to watch Mcfuckface and his merry men the hoy sin sauce or the middle eastern brigade may just take themselves and their families over to the OS and buy a dozen half n half scarves.
Next time you're over there take a gander at who's following our beloved club, you'll have the usual pie and mash diehards but you'll also see the cordon bleu officianados milling around waiting for bubbles to be blasted out. Perhaps you can start it off.
Altogether now, "I'm forever blowing..................
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:32 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:43 pm

Put it this way I think there's more kids attending West Ham matches at the OS due to our recent exploits in to Europe, not millions, but enough to suggest that they're interested in what's happening. Of course you'll see kids wandering around wearing Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd shirts etc, but that's always been the case. But can or do they ever go to those clubs and watch them? Football's bloody expensive these days a trip to the Etihad for a family is an expense people just can't afford. The whole of Stratford and it's surrounding areas used to be a shit hole, but not anymore, go back toward Bow church and you'll see regeneration going on at a rapid rate and it's not the locals that can afford these luxury places, it's tourists. Whole apartment buildings bought by overseas investors. And at the centre of it all is West Ham, slap bang in the middle of all that wealth.
Whilst the ordinary working class family can barely afford to take their offspring to watch Mcfuckface and his merry men the hoy sin sauce or the middle eastern brigade may just take themselves and their families over to the OS and buy a dozen half n half scarves.
Next time you're over there take a gander at who's following our beloved club, you'll have the usual pie and mash diehards but you'll also see the cordon bleu officianados milling around waiting for bubbles to be blasted out. Perhaps you can start it off.
I’ll pass on that. Think you’re right about the kids though. But if Euro football wasn’t a factor would they continue coming. In other words will they become the diehards of the future?

Imo the football demographic is changing. As you say kids now can’t afford to go to every home match, never mind take in some away days like we used to. But they can watch football from all over the world on the box. The last time my youngest grandchildren pestered me to take them to a game it was to see Barca at the Camp Nou. Messi was still there then. Would they want to go there now? No. They would want to go to the Etihad to see Erling Haaland.

And ask them what team they support and they’ll say Stevenage because the live very near the town and see them as their local team, and at the moment they’ve enjoyed a bit of success. And their old man, my youngest, can take them to a game at The Lamex for under £60 all in.

Towie

Post by Towie »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:18 am
Towie wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:57 am

Come on now, talk about cut your nose off to spite your face.
So would you go with winning the cup and him staying or losing it and him gone?

The bigger picture for me is him out the door.

If winning it keeps him, then no thanks. Of course I would like to win it but that's not my only choice.
Our first chance to win a trophy in over 40 years, I never thought I would see it again in my lifetime. So yes I want us to win it!
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:58 pm

I’ll pass on that. Think you’re right about the kids though. But if Euro football wasn’t a factor would they continue coming. In other words will they become the diehards of the future?

Imo the football demographic is changing. As you say kids now can’t afford to go to every home match, never mind take in some away days like we used to. But they can watch football from all over the world on the box. The last time my youngest grandchildren pestered me to take them to a game it was to see Barca at the Camp Nou. Messi was still there then. Would they want to go there now? No. They would want to go to the Etihad to see Erling Haaland.

And ask them what team they support and they’ll say Stevenage because the live very near the town and see them as their local team, and at the moment they’ve enjoyed a bit of success. And their old man, my youngest, can take them to a game at The Lamex for under £60 all in.
Supporting their local team . That’s the way to do it.

I hope you are encouraging them to continue to do so. It’s good to hear , a breath of fresh air some would say 👍🏻
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:56 pm

I hope you are encouraging them to continue to do so. It’s good to hear , a breath of fresh air some would say 👍🏻
I went with my boy and his kids when Stevenage played Northampton early in the season and when I ordered the tickets I got an email from the club saying that if it was any child’s first visit to let them know and they would get a gift. As it was my granddaughters first visit there I emailed back and on the day a woman came over to our seats and gave the little lady a signed team photo.

A nice touch I thought.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:39 pm
Newmarket wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:56 pm

I went with my boy and his kids when Stevenage played Northampton early in the season and when I ordered the tickets I got an email from the club saying that if it was any child’s first visit to let them know and they would get a gift. As it was my granddaughters first visit there I emailed back and on the day a woman came over to our seats and gave the little lady a signed team photo.

A nice touch I thought.
Nice touch
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

My brother(West Ham fan) is quite local and he goes over to watch them quite a bit.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Nice one mate. Good to see.
Can you still park at the back of the stand where the fair used to be. Bloody hazardous getting across that road. 😂
Love a cup of Rosey I do.