Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: Well now David.

Post by Brookbonds73 »

hd1 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:21 pm I guess the real question is to those who want him out, who is an upgrade in your eyes?

And anyone is not an answer....
Depends on how much ambition they have.
gsb no ambition whatsoever happy to take what they can and hopefully fuck off.
Kretinsky may well be spitting feathers at our form as I believe he's the one who stumped up the transfer Dosh.
People keep saying we won't get Poch/Tuchel etc, why? Because they're so fucking brilliant that they can turn down an opportunity to manage in the top league in Europe. If they were so fucking marvelous they'd be employed.
In my book, if you don't ask, you don't get. So what you make look a bit sheepish if turned down, but you move on and try again. You certainly don't stick with the cunt you have because he's the cheapest option.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Where the problem has become a bit acute, is the failure to get the expensive signings performing.

And this is a little too reminiscent of how Haller and Vlasic's time at the club ended. The pattern is repeating.

Of course the whole managers job is to get the best out of his players. Paradoxically what we have seen and are - yet again - seeing, is somebody who has managed to make these players look worse than they are. We can say that, because when they depart they start performing again.

Crucially these are the very players - the expensive kind - that you build your success around. Nobody notices the odd transfer misstep with small investments but it's an entirely different matter when those investments are large or club record breaking. That's not something that can be obscured.

So you either bide your time and ship the under performing signings out at a loss or you get somebody in, who can actually make these signings perform.
And when there is a chance - a good one - of recovering the value in a declining asset - most people usually choose to do so...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:38 pm
hd1 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:21 pm I guess the real question is to those who want him out, who is an upgrade in your eyes?

Kretinsky may well be spitting feathers at our form as I believe he's the one who stumped up the transfer Dosh.
People keep saying we won't get Poch/Tuchel etc, why? Because they're so fucking brilliant that they can turn down an opportunity to manage in the top league in Europe. If they were so fucking marvelous they'd be employed.
In my book, if you don't ask, you don't get. So what you make look a bit sheepish if turned down, but you move on and try again. You certainly don't stick with the cunt you have because he's the cheapest option.
I don’t think Kretinsky is an idiot. And only an idiot would , as you put it, stump up his own cash to buy footballers. The money spent may well have been the money with which Kretinsky bought his shares but that’s a different thing entirely. And whatever Kretinsky thinks isn’t really important because he is a minority shareholder.
--THE ONE THING A LOSER WILL ALWAYS HAVE IS AN EXCUSE

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:54 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:38 pm

I don’t think Kretinsky is an idiot. And only an idiot would , as you put it, stump up his own cash to buy footballers. The money spent may well have been the money with which Kretinsky bought his shares but that’s a different thing entirely. And whatever Kretinsky thinks isn’t really important because he is a minority shareholder.
Anythings possible I suppose, but either way stumpy and the corpse would shite themselves at parting with such a sum.
And I can't see any of the shareholders clubbing together with that sort of money because their not that flush or like you say stupid either.
Either way so far the 180 millions been truly pissed up the wall by an out of depth gobshite.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Tuchel is free ATM. But I suspect he has other plans.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:25 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:54 pm

Anythings possible I suppose, but either way stumpy and the corpse would shite themselves at parting with such a sum.
And I can't see any of the shareholders clubbing together with that sort of money because their not that flush or like you say stupid either.
Either way so far the 180 millions been truly pissed up the wall by an out of depth gobshite.
True enough. But it won't damage them financially, although of course relegation would, because the value of their shares would drop significantly. If relegation happened there would presumably be a fire sale of players which would result in received transfer fees being less than their book value,

I think interesting times are on the horizon. And they are not for those of a nervous disposition. And let's throw this in just for a laugh. Should Moyes fall foul of a panicking Stumpy and lose his job, Dyche tells the vertically challenged toe rag to do one and the Dwarf is forced into a rethink======Enter one Frank Lampard who is apparently getting lots of clog from Evertonians after they were stuffed by Bournemouth last night. Lampard returns to his hated West Ham as manager and Moyes is snapped up by a desperate Everton chairman. :lol:

Wonder how both sets of fans would deal with that scenario.
--THE ONE THING A LOSER WILL ALWAYS HAVE IS AN EXCUSE

palerider

Post by palerider »

By the very definition of the question. 'anyone' IS an answer.

It's just not the answer you like.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:41 am
Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:25 am

True enough. But it won't damage them financially, although of course relegation would, because the value of their shares would drop significantly. If relegation happened there would presumably be a fire sale of players which would result in received transfer fees being less than their book value,

I think interesting times are on :D the horizon. And they are not for those of a nervous disposition. And let's throw this in just for a laugh. Should Moyes fall foul of a panicking Stumpy and lose his job, Dyche tells the vertically challenged toe rag to do one and the Dwarf is forced into a rethink======Enter one Frank Lampard who is apparently getting lots of clog from Evertonians after they were stuffed by Bournemouth last night. Lampard returns to his hated West Ham as manager and Moyes is snapped up by a desperate Everton chairman.

Wonder how both sets of fans would deal with that scenario.
Go ballistic I’d guess . Be careful what you wish for :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

hd1

Post by hd1 »

palerider wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:35 am

By the very definition of the question. 'anyone' IS an answer.

It's just not the answer you like.
True but I was trying to get some indication from those who want him out who they want to replace him. Anyone doesn't really help that debate does it?

The only person to do so is Joe with Tuchel. I've mentioned Kompany and I'll throw another name out there, Tedesco.