Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
Pipe smurf

Re: The sack David Moyes and hire Thomas Frank thread

Post by Pipe smurf »

This thread should be pinned and sent to the owners

whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Re: POLL: Moyes OUT?

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:12 pm
Towie wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:42 pm

If they are not his picks, show some integrity and walk.

Why would any manager agree to not having a choice for incoming players then accept the sack when it goes tits up?

Sorry I don’t buy that, and shouldn’t be an excuse to use.
I do..Does Scamacca really fit Moyes's philosophy ?His can't do the job Antonio does,can he?

I think he wanted Broja.
Fairly common knowledge that he did. Which is spookily similar to when we signed Haller. It was common knowledge at the time we wanted Maxi Gomez but after he chose Valencia we switched our attention to Haller. We had to buy somebody you see , even if he wasn't the type of plaer we really wanted, to keep the Gonzos of this world happy. Broja is much more suited to the Antonio role than Scammaca is so because we only have one system it made more sense to go for him. But when Chelsea wouldn't play ball panis set in. "We must buy a striker" was the mantra, so we did. But without really thinking about whether he would suit the solitary style of play we have. Joined up thinking it isn't. For what it's worth I think Scammaca looks a decent player, as does Kehrer if played in the right system. But asking him to play the Antonio role is like asking Lionel Messi to slot into the back 4.

But as for the rest of the signings including our marquee Brazilian ? They've kept the heat off the board because no one can accuse them of not splashing the cash now can they ? But improving the team ? Do me a favour. I know it's early doors and everyone has to settle in but it is patently obvious Paqueta is no Payet. He's a hard working soul that's for sure, but his little flicks and back heels might look good to the vieweres but have produced no end product so far.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Tbh I don't relly get the love affair with the happy hippie. Done a very good job at Brentford but he comes acros as one of those blokes who has found exactly the right role for himself and might struggle in a different environment. And he didn't have the expertise to get his team to lay a glove on Arsenal today. Imo he'd be a mug to leave Brentford and listening to him speak he's no mug.

Never mind Thomas Frank I reckon we should get the bloke behind Arsenal's summer dealings. Jesus for £48 million and Zinchenko for around £35 mill are absolute bargains at those prices. Don''t know who does the deals at The Emirates but he's certainly earned his bonus this year.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Watcher

Post by Watcher »

I disagree Whiskyman, Frank has done a similar job for Brentford as Potter did for Brighton over these past few seasons, only 48 and deserves to take the step up and I believe he would've it in him to take us to the next levels

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

He has the very strong stench of Libtard.. So fuck off

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

We are bigger than some jumped up little cunt like him can handle.
Fuck off you scruffy inbred cunt.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Come on Poch you know it makes sense.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Watcher

Post by Watcher »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:54 pm We are bigger than some jumped up little cunt like him can handle.
Fuck off you scruffy inbred cunt.
:lol: someone has gone the wrong side of the bed this morning

Watcher

Post by Watcher »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:56 pm Come on Poch you know it makes sense.
Would be a good option too but I think he´ll wait for bigger offers, but I hope I´m wrong

normannomates

Re: POLL: Moyes OUT?

Post by normannomates »

The stats make for grim reading, and very damning.
Huge drop off from a year ago.
Bye Dave