2022 FIFA World Cup thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: 2022 FIFA World Cup thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:06 pm Bet Croatia ain’t 40/1 anymore
Morocco have thrown a live grenade into that group. Either Belgium or Croatia are going out. On the evidence so far Croatia look the best bet to go through but if Belgium find their mojo anything could happen. And if Germany beat Spain tonight that group will be in the balance as well.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Paqueta hasn't trained since Friday.....some say he's injured.... Some say he has flu.....his son was also taken to hospital on Saturday........good chance he won't be playing tomorrow..... that's the father not the son.... :D

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:35 pm Paqueta hasn't trained since Friday.....some say he's injured.... Some say he has flu.....his son was also taken to hospital on Saturday........good chance he won't be playing tomorrow..... that's the father not the son.... :D
That explains his performance in the Brazil game. Doesn’t answer the questions many are asking about his games fo s though. ;)

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:02 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:35 pm Paqueta hasn't trained since Friday.....some say he's injured.... Some say he has flu.....his son was also taken to hospital on Saturday........good chance he won't be playing tomorrow..... that's the father not the son.... :D
That explains his performance in the Brazil game. Doesn’t answer the questions many are asking about his games fo s though. ;)
Same question for all the other players though isn’t it? None are playing well.
One common denominator is our illustrious manager.

Hope to have answered your question.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:26 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:02 pm

Of course. But a £60 million player may be expected to exert more influence on an under performing side. Declan Rice is still turning in decent performances despite playing in a poorly performing side managed by a tactically naive coach is he not ?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:04 am
Towie wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:26 am

Of course. But a £60 million player may be expected to exert more influence on an under performing side. Declan Rice is still turning in decent performances despite playing in a poorly performing side managed by a tactically naive coach is he not ?
Even Declans standard has dropped somewhat under the lemurs guidance.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Just listened to Southgates world cup drivel.
' we're on the right track to qualify for the knockout stages' he said.
'Phil Foden will play a major part in this tournament' he said.

What an absolute cunt.
Qualifying out of a group consisting of Wales, USA and Iran is the bare minimum you horse faced cunt.
As for Phil Foden. That would mean dropping the world beater that is Mason Mount ffs!! Perish the thought.
I tell ya, I can see this cunt taking over from the lemur one day.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:37 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:04 am

True, but it is to be expected for individuals to be off their peak if their team is playing badly. My point is that Rice is still playing well, albeit in a poor team. Whereas Paqueta, at least imo, is playing poorly in a poor team. A lot of people on this forum and other social media forums had clearly seen a lot more of Paqueta than a lot of us including me had ( 2 games against us last season) because they were expressing views that he was the catalyst necessary to jump start our season.. Our illustrious fuhrer was one of many extolling Paqueta's range of skills. We have to assume they had seen him play a lot more than us to be able to hold such views and, therefore, to many of us his performances are disappointing when compared to the hype that preceded his arrival.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:48 am
Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:37 am

True, but it is to be expected for individuals to be off their peak if their team is playing badly. My point is that Rice is still playing well, albeit in a poor team. Whereas Paqueta, at least imo, is playing poorly in a poor team. A lot of people on this forum and other social media forums had clearly seen a lot more of Paqueta than a lot of us including me had ( 2 games against us last season) because they were expressing views that he was the catalyst necessary to jump start our season.. Our illustrious fuhrer was one of many extolling Paqueta's range of skills. We have to assume they had seen him play a lot more than us to be able to hold such views and, therefore, to many of us his performances are disappointing when compared to the hype that preceded his arrival.
I personally wouldn't trust Moyes if he told me Christmas day fell on the 25th. Which is why the stunted one (if rumours are true) sticks his beak in regarding transfers.
We all know the manager should be left alone in such cases but Moyes has proved to be a dithering tosspot when spending money and there lies the problem.
Everyone knows it takes time for new players to gel but our season has been a fragmented one with players being injured (Pacqueta being a prime example) and compounded by the nonsense of the winter world cup.
That said of course if Pacqueta is deemed good enough to play for a side of Brazil's caliber then you would think he's good enough for us, that is of course dependent on a manager who can best utilise him.
Personally I think Moyes is the worst manager in the premier league on and off the pitch and would turn the most accomplished of player in to a Sunday morning clogger.
A loss of form from one or two is inevitable, but for the whole team to be so poor can only be down to one thing, the manager.

palerider

Post by palerider »

I randomly switched on to watch a game yesterday and it was half-time. Gabby Logan was chatting to the expert summarizers who were three bints. So four of them in total.

But it was Sunday lunchtime. Who the fuck was cooking the roast ?

Gabby's married to Kenny Logan, an ex Jock egg-chasing international so if he had to do it himself instead of getting pissed down the pub with his old mates it's just plain wrong.

And yes, I know the England bints won some gong in the summer and the country rejoiced but all of the ironing that piled up just conveniently got swept under the carpet.

Disgraceful really.
Last edited by palerider on Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.