2022 FIFA World Cup thread

Chat about anything football related here!
andyginbrasil

Re: 2022 FIFA World Cup thread

Post by andyginbrasil »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:53 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:48 am

True, but it is to be expected for individuals to be off their peak if their team is playing badly. My point is that Rice is still playing well, albeit in a poor team. Whereas Paqueta, at least imo, is playing poorly in a poor team. A lot of people on this forum and other social media forums had clearly seen a lot more of Paqueta than a lot of us including me had ( 2 games against us last season) because they were expressing views that he was the catalyst necessary to jump start our season.. Our illustrious fuhrer was one of many extolling Paqueta's range of skills. We have to assume they had seen him play a lot more than us to be able to hold such views and, therefore, to many of us his performances are disappointing when compared to the hype that preceded his arrival.
I personally wouldn't trust Moyes if he told me Christmas day fell on the 25th. Which is why the stunted one (if rumours are true) sticks his beak in regarding transfers.
We all know the manager should be left alone in such cases but Moyes has proved to be a dithering tosspot when spending money and there lies the problem.
Everyone knows it takes time for new players to gel but our season has been a fragmented one with players being injured (Pacqueta being a prime example) and compounded by the nonsense of the winter world cup.
That said of course if Pacqueta is deemed good enough to play for a side of Brazil's caliber then you would think he's good enough for us, that is of course dependent on a manager who can best utilise him.
Personally I think Moyes is the worst manager in the premier league on and off the pitch and would turn the most accomplished of player in to a Sunday morning clogger.
A loss of form from one or two is inevitable, but for the whole team to be so poor can only be down to one thing, the manager.
Can anyone please explain to me why every other team in the league who have brought players in this summer, have actually played them. I'm fed up listening to the excuses that it takes time to adjust......but 15 fucking games.. :? ......how the fuck do you get used to playing in the premier league......for a start it might help to actually play in it....sink or swim...ok they might be off for a few matches but they are professionals.....
An example Martinez at Man U had a nightmare first 2 matches....he soon got the hang of it and along with new bot Antony are probably two of the first names on the team sheet. It didn't take that geezer at Man city long to settle in did it
Started the first game of the season against a side that fielded a team without one new signing in the starting lineup.......(although they had brought in 8 new players).....and managed to score 2 goals....so don't give me the settling in excuse it doesn't wash.....it's down to bad management and poor recruitment if they cannot fit into the team and the way we play.
And don't get me started on his man management skills....as bad as his football management skills.....
Rant over
:oops: :oops: :oops:

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:45 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:59 pm Not one fucking Eskimo in that Canadian line up I’m switching off.
know what i mean blud, innuit !
:lol:

That was bloody terrible Rick!!

:lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:48 am

True, but it is to be expected for individuals to be off their peak if their team is playing badly. My point is that Rice is still playing well, albeit in a poor team. Whereas Paqueta, at least imo, is playing poorly in a poor team. A lot of people on this forum and other social media forums had clearly seen a lot more of Paqueta than a lot of us including me had ( 2 games against us last season) because they were expressing views that he was the catalyst necessary to jump start our season.. Our illustrious fuhrer was one of many extolling Paqueta's range of skills. We have to assume they had seen him play a lot more than us to be able to hold such views and, therefore, to many of us his performances are disappointing when compared to the hype that preceded his arrival.
I personally wouldn't trust Moyes if he told me Christmas day fell on the 25th. Which is why the stunted one (if rumours are true) sticks his beak in regarding transfers.
We all know the manager should be left alone in such cases but Moyes has proved to be a dithering tosspot when spending money and there lies the problem.
Everyone knows it takes time for new players to gel but our season has been a fragmented one with players being injured (Pacqueta being a prime example) and compounded by the nonsense of the winter world cup.
That said of course if Pacqueta is deemed good enough to play for a side of Brazil's caliber then you would think he's good enough for us, that is of course dependent on a manager who can best utilise him.
Personally I think Moyes is the worst manager in the premier league on and off the pitch and would turn the most accomplished of player in to a Sunday morning clogger.
A loss of form from one or two is inevitable, but for the whole team to be so poor can only be down to one thing, the manager.
No idea if Pacqueta was a Moyes or Stumpy signing. Or if he fell off a sleigh driven by an old boy with a white beard.

Moyes worst manager in the PL? On his results of the past 12 months he would certainly be on any short list. But he is the same bloke who was in charge for the 2 years before.

Jekyll & Hyde syndrome perhaps.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:07 pm

Can anyone please explain to me why every other team in the league who have brought players in this summer, have actually played them. I'm fed up listening to the excuses that it takes time to adjust......but 15 fucking games.. :? ......how the fuck do you get used to playing in the premier league......for a start it might help to actually play in it....sink or swim...ok they might be off for a few matches but they are professionals.....
An example Martinez at Man U had a nightmare first 2 matches....he soon got the hang of it and along with new bot Antony are probably two of the first names on the team sheet. It didn't take that geezer at Man city long to settle in did it
Started the first game of the season against a side that fielded a team without one new signing in the starting lineup.......(although they had brought in 8 new players).....and managed to score 2 goals....so don't give me the settling in excuse it doesn't wash.....it's down to bad management and poor recruitment if they cannot fit into the team and the way we play.
And don't get me started on his man management skills....as bad as his football management skills.....
Rant over
Tbh Andy I don’t buy into this “oh but the PL is different” bollocks. Football is basically a simple game and whilst the quality within different leagues differs the game itself is still the same. And as you say you can’t acclimatise to the PL if you’re not exposed to it.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:52 pm
OZHAMMER wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:17 pm How the fuck does Moyes get dragged into this thread?
:shock: :shock:

And there was me thinking you were an intelligent man

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That was your first mistake, Andy.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

OZHAMMER wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:28 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:52 pm

:shock: :shock:

And there was me thinking you were an intelligent man

That was your first mistake, Andy.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Great game this morning,Cameroon 3,Serbia 3.Probably best of World Cup.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:53 pm Great game this morning,Cameroon 3,Serbia 3.Probably best of World Cup.
Yeah. Was good to watch. Some line-ball decisions for the Cameroon goals, but I think they got it right.

Wish we had’ve gotten Mitrovic.

JayK

Post by JayK »

That Korea v Ghana game was quite good from the start of the 2nd half. Missed the 1st half
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:07 pm

Rant over
Spot on Andy.
The trouble with cunty is apart from playing for a draw there is absolutely no plan at all. The players we brought in are good players, they're not shit by any means but this cunt can't get them to gel. People bang on about getting this player or that player in, but it doesn't matter a toss.
If by some miracle we were to be taken over like Newcastle were, I doubt very much whether he'd get a job cleaning the toilets.
I can't for the life of me understand how he is being allowed to swan off on holiday when we're in such a state and allowing the players to do the same thing. Fucking piss taking scotch cunt.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.