West Ham vs Anderlecht Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Anderlecht Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

With Southampton and Liverpool coming up after this match, I fully expected this match to start with the same line-up as last Thursday but Benrahma, Coufa and Lanzini need to do better and no slow start. If nothing happened in 1st half like last week, then we can put Scamacca, Bowen and Rice in. Not sure if Cornets is ready for this match but probably not until either the Southampton or Liverpool match he will be back on the bench.

Areola

Coufal
Dawson
Ogbonna
Emerson

Downes
Coventry

Benrahma
Lanzini
Fornals

Antonio

Bowen, Scamacca, Paqueta and Rice will come 2nd half if the 1st half is dire. Those players I put on starting line-up need to do better and Benrahma need to know where the net is. Also love to see 1 or 2 youth players coming in if we are 2 goals advantage up 10 minutes from full-time.

Let get this match over the line and if other results go our way, we could win the group title and into the last 16.

COYI!!!! whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Dwayne Pipes

Re: West Ham vs Anderlecht Official Match Thread

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

4-0 us

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Think I’m right saying if we win we top the group whatever happens in the last two games. So I expect us to field a strong side, get the group won, and then give a few run outs to those who don’t often get them.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:50 pm Think I’m right saying if we win we top the group whatever happens in the last two games. So I expect us to field a strong side, get the group won, and then give a few run outs to those who don’t often get them.
If we beat Anderlecht but lose the other 2 and Silkeborg win all their 3, we could drop to 2nd on GD. So yeah, we’d prob top the group if we beat Anderlecht coz I can’t see all that happening
COYI!!!

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Monetary wise it would be better for us, especially Sullivan, if we won all our games in the group.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

JayK

Post by JayK »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:59 am Monetary wise it would be better for us, especially Sullivan, if we won all our games in the group.
And for momentum
COYI!!!

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

JayK wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:50 am
eskimo joe wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:59 am Monetary wise it would be better for us, especially Sullivan, if we won all our games in the group.
And for momentum
Definitely as I don't see it as being a comfortable month for us . In the league we have away matches at Southampton 16th , Liverpool 19th then a home match against Bournemouth 24th , then Silkeborg IF in the Europa Conference on the 27th which really shouldn't be a problem , then away again at Man Utd on the 30th .

JayK

Post by JayK »

Clayton wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:00 pm
JayK wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:50 am

And for momentum
Definitely as I don't see it as being a comfortable month for us . In the league we have away matches at Southampton 16th , Liverpool 19th then a home match against Bournemouth 24th , then Silkeborg IF in the Europa Conference on the 27th which really shouldn't be a problem , then away again at Man Utd on the 30th .
Easy :lol:
COYI!!!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

I see us now as a top half football club
Maybe punched above our weight the last couple of seasons so expectations are set higher ( nothing wrong with that of course)
However we are probably now on course for said top half
placings and a nice run in Europe again.
A far cry from the usual relegation battles of yesteryear.

Enjoy the ride.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:51 pm I see us now as a top half football club
Maybe punched above our weight the last couple of seasons so expectations are set higher ( nothing wrong with that of course)
However we are probably now on course for said top half
placings and a nice run in Europe again.
A far cry from the usual relegation battles of yesteryear.

Enjoy the ride.
Well we are in same points as Liverpool, so it safe to say we are out of title race. 😂😂
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.