Mark Noble to take up Sporting Director role in January

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Mark Noble to take up Sporting Director role in January

Post by eskimo joe »

Hammershark wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:50 pm It’s a great move especially if it means he’s going to be around the dressing room and training pitch.
Also Sporting Directors normally have the ability to hire and fire the first team coach so could be interesting :lol: :lol:
I don't believe that is true, I think amongst his other duties of hiring and assisting the head coach in day to day duties giving Moyes for example more time with the actual football side of things ( coaching ) . He will act as an intermediary between Moyes and the board. They might however act on his recommendations.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Personally I think it's the board covering their arse by appointing him.
If it does go tits up at least they have another figure in place to take the flak as well as the lemur. And seeing that he's a fans favourite, it'll deflect quite nicely.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Could be a multi pronged attack, he reports to the board, he gees up the players ( we already heard from the horse's mouth how much he misses him around) and it could dampen the flak.

The last for me would be irrelevant, if Moyes continues as he is then Noble being around won't alter a thing concerning the comments thrown in Moyes direction. Besides, with Moyes attitude of being stubborn we could hardly put any blame on Noble.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Good to see him back.

Towie

Post by Towie »

I wish nobles nothing but good luck, especially having to deal with them tosspots.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

eskimo joe wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:20 pm Could be a multi pronged attack, he reports to the board, he gees up the players ( we already heard from the horse's mouth how much he misses him around) and it could dampen the flak.

The last for me would be irrelevant, if Moyes continues as he is then Noble being around won't alter a thing concerning the comments thrown in Moyes direction. Besides, with Moyes attitude of being stubborn we could hardly put any blame on Noble.
Exactly this . If our players can’t get motivated because Nobles no longer in the dressing room then whatever Moyes does will be futile and if by some miracle it does make a difference then it’ll too fucking late by January anyway.

Mind you he’ll be able to teach the players how to Rugby Tackle .
If Sullivan wanted to appoint an Ambassador neutral go-between he should have appointed Ginge.
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I personally don't think it's the right move,because he has no experience in the role.Trevor Brooking would have been a better choice,though maybe a little old now.

I wish him well though.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Far as i can understand there are 3 or 4 roles of a sporting director and not all are necessarily included , So it depends on i gather what Nobles role will be 1 of or all of those tasks. I suspect not all.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

He's good to have around the place...
But Sporting Director?..😁
VERY WHU.
MOYES OUT

garnett

Post by garnett »

Morning, my initial post was worded in jest but I meant every word and its a great appointment, no one knows OUR club better, from kitchen staff security guards kitman Academy staff and set up to first team.
Anyone would answer a question from Mark and give an honest assessment, something is going wrong with OUR club and although we all have our theories I want him to get to the bottom of it and report it.
Our manager has no love for OUR club he is just trying to improve his pathetic CV and his stubbornness will be his downfall.
My only problem with Marks appointment is the timing, he should be at work TODAY not January.