A sad day indeed.

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

A sad day indeed.

Post by Brookbonds73 »

It is with the deepest of sadness that I have to announce that Charlie Adam has retired from professional football.
The great man who has graced our game for nearly two decades today called time on a glittering career where he graced pitches such as Anfield, Ibrox, and Stenhousemuir.
No longer will we be able to see a seventy yard pass hit a disabled toilet, a volley knocking out a ballboy or a header from under the crossbar go sailing over for a goalkick.
Yes it's true that he suffered from gout in both feet had type two diabetes, and at one time was up to three bottles of single malt a day but there's no doubting the man's wizardry come 3 o'clock on a Saturday. Some matches may not have started till mid-day on a Sunday but no one can deny his professionalism in preparation.
At one time he was on the verge of signing for us as a replacement for Declan Rice. Other European giants such as Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, East Fife came circling, but for the Scottish Pirlo there was only one place left for him, Dundee.
Sugo tried to intervene, promising £60 a month plus add-ons but home is home and the tartan Modric headed north of the border.
A chance is missed I'm afraid, we could have been 15th now with his talent, but alas it was not to be, as one Charlie embarks on a new campaign, another Chaz brings the curtain down on an illustrious career.
I wish you well Charlie, we have lost out on a true legend, shame on you sugo.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Newmarket

Re: A sad day indeed.

Post by Newmarket »

Good luck for the futre (sic) oh gifted one .
Bring back Jonathon !

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

And like our dreams they fade and die .....bye bye Chaz

palerider

Post by palerider »

Some things are never meant to be my learned friend.

I wrote to Jennifer Lawrence over a year ago asking very politely if she could find a way to send me a couple of pairs of her used frillies. I even offered to pay for the postage. And every day the postman calls, (when the cunts aren't on strike), I eagerly sift through the bills and junk mail to no avail.

I've sadly come to the conclusion they'll never arrive. And I'm now resigned to never seeing the tartan genius in the claret & blue.

I always maintained that with him supplying the ammo and Crouchy powering them home we'd be invincible. But it will never happen.

Enjoy your retirement Charlie and have a deep-fried Snickers for me.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

palerider wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:30 am Some things are never meant to be my learned friend.

I wrote to Jennifer Lawrence over a year ago asking very politely if she could find a way to send me a couple of pairs of her used frillies. I even offered to pay for the postage. And every day the postman calls, (when the cunts aren't on strike), I eagerly sift through the bills and junk mail to no avail.

I've sadly come to the conclusion they'll never arrive. And I'm now resigned to never seeing the tartan genius in the claret & blue.

I always maintained that with him supplying the ammo and Crouchy powering them home we'd be invincible. But it will never happen.

Enjoy your retirement Charlie and have a deep-fried Snickers for me.
She will probably get round to sending them when she's 70. So there's a ghost of a chance.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest