Contract issues with players

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Contract issues with players

Post by Ibbyham »

There are numbers of players that contract is running out from next year to 2024 and yet every players West Ham want to renew contract all being rejected.......in Johnson, Rice, Soucek, Ashby and possibly Coufal who he is 30 now and his contract runs out next summer although 2 years options could be triggered out.

This situation need to sort it out asap and the boards need to stop being tight-arsed. Moyes need to show ambitions as if no players want to stay, then it could be that the players are not happy with Moyes so there is only 1 answer for that.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Dwayne Pipes

Re: Contract issues with players

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Rice aside as he’ll be off anyway the rest of them can fuck off as far as I’m concerned.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Ibbyham wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:46 pm There are numbers of players that contract is running out from next year to 2024 and yet every players West Ham want to renew contract all being rejected.......in Johnson, Rice, Soucek, Ashby and possibly Coufal who he is 30 now and his contract runs out next summer although 2 years options could be triggered out.

This situation need to sort it out asap and the boards need to stop being tight-arsed. Moyes need to show ambitions as if no players want to stay, then it could be that the players are not happy with Moyes so there is only 1 answer for that.
Funny you should mention that I was just thinking the same. I get Rice's contract not being renewed, that is of his own free choice, but others like Soucek umm.

Moyes playing hard ball and not having an idea on how to go about it doesn't help. Since his decision to hold off on Souceks renewal Souceks own performances have been significantly poorer. Now he either needs to sell him before his contract ends or renew, no benefit in holding on to him just incase. Sitting on the fence only really says one thing, and seems to produce unwanted feelings.

Question is, is Moyes now losing the dressing room?!
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

palerider

Post by palerider »

eskimo joe wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:52 am
Ibbyham wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:46 pm There are numbers of players that contract is running out from next year to 2024 and yet every players West Ham want to renew contract all being rejected.......in Johnson, Rice, Soucek, Ashby and possibly Coufal who he is 30 now and his contract runs out next summer although 2 years options could be triggered out.

Funny you should mention that I was just thinking the same. I get Rice's contract not being renewed, that is of his own free choice, but others like Soucek umm.

Moyes playing hard ball and not having an idea on how to go about it doesn't help. Since his decision to hold off on Souceks renewal Souceks own performances have been significantly poorer. Now he either needs to sell him before his contract ends or renew, no benefit in holding on to him just incase. Sitting on the fence only really says one thing, and seems to produce unwanted feelings.

Not losing.

Already lost.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

palerider wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:57 am

Not losing.

Already lost.
That is quite likely, the mood in the camp is far from what it was at the beginning of last season and the work rate has certainly slumped. And it can't in any form be put down to too many games and tiredness. Think maybe the evidence was there maybe close to seasons end, think the Europa covered it up by giving a feasible excuse.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

That what I think which is the reason why players form are so poor and seemed Moyes losing the plot. Players aren't willing to sign contract with Moyes in charge that shows that the players aren't happy with Moyes.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Having just had to fork out 165 million quid out on players to replace those who had left the club mainly on a free because of contracts ending or retiring.
We had to bring in 8 players just to bring us up to a full squad allocation.
Now at the end of this present season we have, another 7 in our first team squad that are all in their last year of their contracts.

Flappy
Randolph
Dawson
Ogbonna
Cresswell
Coufal
Lanzini

As well as Ashby and Coventry from the youngsters.
There is also the chance that Rice will be off as well.

All will be in their 30's.

You would of thought that if the club were interested in offering new contracts to any of them they would of started by now. I expect Dawson and Randolph to leave definitely. Oggy and Cresswell will probably be offered 1 year extensions on their current contracts as I would expect Flappy as well, that would reduce the spending in the summer window That only leaves Coufal and Lanzini to be offered new contracts or sold in the January window to avoid them leaving on a free.

Whatever happens it looks like it's going to be another expensive Summer for the board with the only glimmer of hope that Rice is sold for a grossly inflated price.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:18 pm Having just had to fork out 165 million quid out on players to replace those who had left the club mainly on a free because of contracts ending or retiring.
Now at the end of this present season we have, another 7 in our first team squad that are all in their last year of their contracts.

Flappy
Randolph
Dawson
Ogbonna
Cresswell
Coufal
Lanzini

You would of thought that if the club were interested in offering new contracts to any of them they would of started by now. I expect Dawson and Randolph to leave definitely. Oggy and Cresswell will probably be offered 1 year extensions on their current contracts as I would expect Flappy as well, that would reduce the spending in the summer window That only leaves Coufal and Lanzini to be offered new contracts or sold in the January window to avoid them leaving on a free.

Whatever happens it looks like it's going to be another expensive Summer for the board with the only glimmer of hope that Rice is sold for a grossly inflated price.
The board have nobody but themselves to blame here Andy .

It’s no way to run a football club is it ?
A sensible spend every summer over the last few years on the right positions and it would never have come to this .

It’s difficult enough (with Moyes at the helm) to integrate 8 new signings without having the same problem with a similar amount of new players next summer .

They’ll get away with it next year though . With the exception of probably right wing there is cover for just about every position now .
Whether the cover is considered good enough is a matter of opinion but there IS cover so I expect extensions for the ageing now pedestrian Cresswell , Ogbonna and Fabianski when we should be getting shot , I’m expecting Coufal and Lanzini to be allowed to run their contracts down and Randolph , well he’ll just be released .
If he was in demand anywhere he’d have departed summer just gone .
Bring back Jonathon !

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:18 pm Having just had to fork out 165 million quid out on players to replace those who had left the club mainly on a free because of contracts ending or retiring.

Flappy
Randolph
Dawson
Ogbonna
Cresswell
Coufal
Lanzini

Why would you give any of them long contracts, they're 37, 35, 32, 34, 32, 30 and 29! It wouldn't make any sense.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Just because the club don't come out and say "Player X has or hasn't signed a contract" doesnt mean there arent negotiations going on.

Why create a hypothetical scenario and then blame Moyes for it?