Relegation Form

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Relegation Form

Post by Whiskyman »

Just to cheer everyone up I checked up on our results since we beat the scousers at the LS back in November last year. To say that our league record is unimpressive is an understatement. It reads P34 W10 D 7 L17 which gives a points tally of 37. Not relegation certainties but pretty close to the mark.

But now consider a scary fact. Because of the way the fixtures panned out those results include two wins each against Norwich and Watford --12 points. Take out those results because there's probably only one Norwich/Watford level of crap this season, and we've already lost to them, and we've managed 25 points from 30 games. That averages out at 0.83 points a game, or 32 points from 38. I know that's bending the figures but nonetheless----------
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Re: Relegation Form

Post by eskimo joe »

Post that to the board, might make them really think seeing it broken down like that. Mind you I would be surprised if at least one of them wasn't aware of how dire the situation is.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:52 pm Post that to the board, might make them really think seeing it broken down like that. Mind you I would be surprised if at least one of them wasn't aware of how dire the situation is.
I'm sure there are an army of analysts (well, maybe one part timer with a laptop) employed by the mega professional conglomerate that is West Hamm who have this information to hand. But I wonder if they may be fearful of bringing up the stats at meetings. I'm sure we've all been in meetings where we've sensed somebody wanted to say something but was shit scared to open their mouth in case they upset the MD.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:36 pm Just to cheer everyone up I checked up on our results since we beat the scousers at the LS back in November last year. To say that our league record is unimpressive is an understatement. It reads P34 W10 D 7 L17 which gives a points tally of 37. Not relegation certainties but pretty close to the mark.

But now consider a scary fact. Because of the way the fixtures panned out those results include two wins each against Norwich and Watford --12 points. Take out those results because there's probably only one Norwich/Watford level of crap this season, and we've already lost to them, and we've managed 25 points from 30 games. That averages out at 0.83 points a game, or 32 points from 38. I know that's bending the figures but nonetheless----------
Reckon most of us had an idea that was where we were , and as you say " scary if nothing else " . Though the away supporters among us will feel differently and this shouldn't even pose a problem .

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:34 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:52 pm Post that to the board, might make them really think seeing it broken down like that. Mind you I would be surprised if at least one of them wasn't aware of how dire the situation is.
I'm sure there are an army of analysts (well, maybe one part timer with a laptop) employed by the mega professional conglomerate that is West Hamm who have this information to hand. But I wonder if they may be fearful of bringing up the stats at meetings. I'm sure we've all been in meetings where we've sensed somebody wanted to say something but was shit scared to open their mouth in case they upset the MD.
Three figures tell the story

18% of fixtures played
10% of points accumulated
£180M spent

Towie

Post by Towie »

It has been mentioned by a few on here including me.

Risk is do you leave till Dec in hope he turns it around? Or act as other Clubs would and wield the axe now.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

BFS on standby to save us...............
Covid in the Boardroom

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

This year, 2022, West Ham only see 8 wins in 27 games so far and that is absolutely pony.

Moyes haven't got a clue and sticking to the same crap every league games we got beat.

Time for a change and if NO wins against Wolves, Fulham or Southampton then that it, game over.

This season is so similar of 1994-95, very hard to score goal and harder to win a f&cking game!
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:42 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:36 pm Just to cheer everyone up I checked up on our results since we beat the scousers at the LS back in November last year. To say that our league record is unimpressive is an understatement. It reads P34 W10 D 7 L17 which gives a points tally of 37. Not relegation certainties but pretty close to the mark.

Reckon most of us had an idea that was where we were , and as you say " scary if nothing else " . Though the away supporters among us will feel differently and this shouldn't even pose a problem .
I'm not getting this away supporter reference that keeps cropping up. Newmarket mentioned it on a post the other day but being the bastard he is didn't explain.

Probably because, apart from a few Europa games last season I heven't been to an away match , or a home one for that matter, for bloody ages.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:42 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:34 pm

Three figures tell the story

18% of fixtures played
10% of points accumulated
£180M spent
The spend figure is well and truly going to worry the fuck out of the Hammers United lot. What are they going to protest about now the board have released some cash ?