Relegation Form

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: Relegation Form

Post by Brookbonds73 »

The truth is if you gave the lemur a billion quid, he still wouldn't be able to assemble a team capable of doing anything worthwhile on the pitch.
He would undoubtedly buy the big name players because social media would automatically go in to overdrive, but buying players and fitting them in to anything resembling a decent side would be beyond his capabilities.
We wouldn't go down, a bit like the current team we have, but we'd be nowhere near where we should be given the outlay.
If this is allowed to continue we will lose the players we have and be unable to attract the quality a top team generally acquires.
We need to act, and quickly.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:12 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:02 pm

Since the recent opening of the bountiful war chest in the last transfer window I imagine the "noshing" to which you refer may be indulged in by more people. Must admit \ can't say I've read a lot of pro board comment on the forums although, as I've said myself on a few occasions, I do sometimes wionder at the naivety of some people who seem to think club owners (not just ours) become owners so they can play the role of an ever present Father Christmas to the fans of whatever club they own.

The moaning you mention will no doubt continue ad nauseum. But given the recent release of funds I imagine it will be directed more at those who spend it rather than those who in the past have been accused of hoarding it.
The praise is heaped on Kretinsky for releasing such funds.
Though I’m not sure how true that is, more likely we are borrowing on future revenue.

Which won’t be a lot if we are in Championship next season.
No doubt all will be revealed when the company accounts are published. Not good business policy to increase borrowings if there is no expected revenue growth because if the borrowing. And at the moment increased revenue seems a million miles away.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:02 pm
Towie wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:12 pm

The praise is heaped on Kretinsky for releasing such funds.
Though I’m not sure how true that is, more likely we are borrowing on future revenue.

Which won’t be a lot if we are in Championship next season.
No doubt all will be revealed when the company accounts are published. Not good business policy to increase borrowings if there is no expected revenue growth because if the borrowing. And at the moment increased revenue seems a million miles away.
Aren't or weren't we being investigated for FFP?. I don't understand how this malarky works, but isn't it that you can't spend more than 10% over your annual revenue. Any more must be paid for out of the owners own pocket.

Like I said, I haven't a scooby.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:29 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:02 pm

Aren't or weren't we being investigated for FFP?. I don't understand how this malarky works, but isn't it that you can't spend more than 10% over your annual revenue. Any more must be paid for out of the owners own pocket.

Like I said, I haven't a scooby.
That makes two of us. You are right about being allowed only to spend a specified percentage of your annual turnover. I read that somewhere a while back.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:29 pm The truth is if you gave the lemur a billion quid, he still wouldn't be able to assemble a team capable of doing anything worthwhile on the pitch.
He would undoubtedly buy the big name players because social media would automatically go in to overdrive, but buying players and fitting them in to anything resembling a decent side would be beyond his capabilities.
We wouldn't go down, a bit like the current team we have, but we'd be nowhere near where we should be given the outlay.
If this is allowed to continue we will lose the players we have and be unable to attract the quality a top team generally acquires.
Like yesterday. It's that serious imo.

An extra few days for him to brood and work out a cunning plan. Which will be exactly the same as the last. And the 16 times before that. Favourites shoe-horned into positions that don't suit. Other favourites picked who on form would be lucky to make the bench. Complete mis-use of said bench along with a total inability to read the way a game's going. And most worryingly of all, those he does pick not running or sweating for him anymore because they've lost trust in him and can't see the point.

The Wolves match is huge. So no pressure then.

Other than that lot though, things are going swimmimgly.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

palerider wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:17 am
Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:29 pm The truth is if you gave the lemur a billion quid, he still wouldn't be able to assemble a team capable of doing anything worthwhile on the pitch.

An extra few days for him to brood and work out a cunning plan. Which will be exactly the same as the last. And the 16 times before that. Favourites shoe-horned into positions that don't suit. Other favourites picked who on form would be lucky to make the bench. Complete mis-use of said bench along with a total inability to read the way a game's going. And most worryingly of all, those he does pick not running or sweating for him anymore because they've lost trust in him and can't see the point.

Is it deja vous, but doesn't it seem that on many occasions we have said the Wolves match is huge for the same reasons.

palerider

Post by palerider »

eskimo joe wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:54 am
palerider wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:17 am

Is it deja vous, but doesn't it seem that on many occasions we have said the Wolves match is huge for the same reasons.
Yep.

The first match back after the pandemic was at home to Wolves.

We had 27 points from 29 games at the time. We lost 2-0.

Fotunately Moyes had the ability back then to get enough points and see us out of the brown stuff. Real football or not. Stick with him now and we may not be as lucky. If we are it will be that there'll be three teams marginally crappier than us.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Interesting times ahead, it now seems obvious that Moyes is unfortunately staying, even after our extremely uninspiring start to the campaign.
After the International break we have 55 days until the WC break.
In that time we have 8 league games,( 9 if the Newcastle game is re- scheduled, 1 Micky mouse cup game and 4 ECL games.
We need to forget the game against Blackburn if we win it all well and good, loose it, it won't be the be all and end all.
ECL matches we have Anderlecht next two matches, we need at least 2 draws, they will be difficult to beat. It is imperative that we finish top of the group second place is an extra game, playoff against a Europa League reject.
But most important, the league......4 points from 7 games.
The next 8 games will be make or break for us, we need a bare minimum of 1.5 points per game that will give us a grand total of 16 points going into the break. Still relegation material. Unfortunately, 3 of those 8 games are against Liverpool, a rapidly improving Man U and deservedly, current league leaders Arsenal. We will need a vast improvement in our game to get 4.5 points off those 3.
Are you worried yet... :(

Now if Popeye carries on with his predictable tactics and team selection on present form we will only pick up 4-6 points, but I think and hope we can do a little better than that.

Now that Popeye is staying, at least until the WC break if we are in a relegation battle, which I predict that we will be for most of the season, who the fuck would want to take over.

Unless things vastly improve I fear we are in for a grim time this season but to be perfectly fair I did mention this before the season started so it is no surprise to me.

And a mention to our away supporters..... don't worry everything is tickety-boo

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:28 am Interesting times ahead, it now seems obvious that Moyes is unfortunately staying, even after our extremely uninspiring start to the campaign.
After the International break we have 55 days until the WC break.
In that time we have 8 league games,( 9 if the Newcastle game is re- scheduled, 1 Micky mouse cup game and 4 ECL games.
We need to forget the game against Blackburn if we win it all well and good, loose it, it won't be the be all and end all.
ECL matches we have Anderlecht next two matches, we need at least 2 draws, they will be difficult to beat. It is imperative that we finish top of the group second place is an extra game, playoff against a Europa League reject.
But most important, the league......4 points from 7 games.
The next 8 games will be make or break for us, we need a bare minimum of 1.5 points per game that will give us a grand total of 16 points going into the break. Still relegation material. Unfortunately, 3 of those 8 games are against Liverpool, a rapidly improving Man U and deservedly, current league leaders Arsenal. We will need a vast improvement in our game to get 4.5 points off those 3.
Are you worried yet... :(

Now if Popeye carries on with his predictable tactics and team selection on present form we will only pick up 4-6 points, but I think and hope we can do a little better than that.

Now that Popeye is staying, at least until the WC break if we are in a relegation battle, which I predict that we will be for most of the season, who the fuck would want to take over.

Unless things vastly improve I fear we are in for a grim time this season but to be perfectly fair I did mention this before the season started so it is no surprise to me.

And a mention to our away supporters..... don't worry everything is tickety-boo
Sadly you're not alone in predicting how this season's panning out Andy.
Which is why for me personally it's a perfect time to get rid of him. He's gone from being an amiable type person to an aggravating cunt.
Even the filth that employed him have sunk further in to the mire. I didn't think that was possible such is the contempt I feel towards them, but once again they've outdone themselves by not acting.
As I've said on numerous occasions, this board and this manager are unfortunately, a match made in heaven.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

" credit in the bank ". The mantra that those who are willing to give him a chance and a bit longer to turn things around. It was mine up until the end of the 3 rd game this season now he has wandered too far into the red. He should be gone, but it seems there are still some that have confidence in him. Maybe he is being read the riot act and he will start to employ different tactics, maybe pigs will fly.

He is on the verge of making West Ham look bigger cunts than we already look under Sullivan and Co, bring in players, some internationals, and hardly use them and when he does it's in a system that doesn't suit them any more than it has recently suited us. I wonder when he gave them the speach about his project if actually told them it involved football on the back foot. Bet they are fast becoming disillusioned. Think they are fast joining the ranks of the rest of the squad, they seemed to slowly have become so since Christmas.