January 2023 transfer window thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Pipe smurf

Re: January 2023 transfer window thread

Post by Pipe smurf »

I have a good feeling about Dyche

Kept Burnley up for 10 years with pittance to work with

Can get to the next level with us and Kretinsky

Pipe smurf

Post by Pipe smurf »

Clayton wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:39 pm
Pipe smurf wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:44 pm

Here's hoping mate

This lad is the bees knees

whufc_crest
Your obviously putting more then just black coffee into your body :P .
I;ve seen Moffi live, he bullies defenders , would be a decent signing. Remember the name

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:28 pm This Ings signing is ridiculous. How is Moyes intending to get the ball to him ?
Moyes doesn’t, sorry cannot , do the fox in the box thing .

Chicarito anybody ?

Plus he’s old and injury prone ?

Another one that has Sullivan’s finger prints all over it .

Ffs …
Penalties because Benrahma is always on the bench - so that's 1 goal...

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:28 pm This Ings signing is ridiculous. How is Moyes intending to get the ball to him ?
Moyes doesn’t, sorry cannot , do the fox in the box thing .

Chicarito anybody ?

Plus he’s old and injury prone ?

Another one that has Sullivan’s finger prints all over it .

Ffs …
Despite William Wallace, Dharmesh and Pancho Villa saying McDullard would never allow it, I agree. Ings is a poacher, what we need, but not the 6' 8 giant the Scotch arse likes to head them out under from his own bar. He works hard enough yes, but doesn't seem a McDullard signing for me. That Moffi chap is. Strong as an ox, runs all day and still has the energy to make the cunt a nice cuppa and wax his motor.

At least that's what I'm hoping. It's a play him or you're gone scenario. With the walk away if you want always a favourite for our glorious leader avoiding compo.

If Carlsberg did wishes.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Pipe smurf wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:40 pm I have a good feeling about Dyche

Kept Burnley up for 10 years with pittance to work with

Can get to the next level with us and Kretinsky
I like Dyche , but is he really the manager to take this club to the next level ? Hopefully if he's the man in the hot seat .

Didn't Moyes do 11 years at Everton , kept them up , but never won anything there and started his legacy of failing to win a single away game at any of the big four clubs in the league .
Yet he has got us into Europe without spending much at all , which Dyche also did at Burnley , yet we are now in a relegation battle , just like Burnley were , now look where they are .

Pipe smurf

Post by Pipe smurf »

Dyche will keep us up, thats what matters the most at the moment

If he fails to get us to the next level he will be sacked

Pipe smurf

Post by Pipe smurf »

BTW Dyche beat all the Big Six at one point in the PL

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Pipe smurf wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:52 pm BTW Dyche beat all the Big Six at one point in the PL
So has Moyes I believe, except maybe Arsenal ?

Anyway , your point is ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Pipe smurf

Post by Pipe smurf »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:41 pm
Pipe smurf wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:52 pm BTW Dyche beat all the Big Six at one point in the PL
So has Moyes I believe, except maybe Arsenal ?

Anyway , your point is ?
Moyes has not, he has a terrible record vs the top 4 (6)

Pipe smurf

Post by Pipe smurf »

West Ham transfer news: Club ready to accept £25m Hammers bid for striker who could join after Ings

West Ham United appear to be closing in on the signing of Aston Villa striker Danny Ings.

Earlier today, Sky Sports reported that the Hammers have agreed a deal with the Villans for the 30-year-old.

West Ham are set to pay around £15million for Ings, added the report.

However, the Hammers could yet make more attacking signings ahead of the January transfer window closing.

Sky Sports have also claimed that a potential move for Lorient’s Terem Moffi may still be on the cards.

Apparently, a move for the 23-year-old ‘has not been ruled out’ by West Ham.

Not only that, but Lorient are reportedly willing to accept £25million from the Hammers for their player.

However, player-side is where things get more complicated. Apparently Moffi is ‘undecided’ about the move.

West Ham’s lack of firepower has contributed to their struggles this season.

The Hammers, 18th in the Premier League table, have scored only 15 goals in 19 league games this term.

While Ings is a solid, experienced addition who’d hit the ground running, Moffi is a player with great potential.

The 23-year-old has caught the eye following a superb first half of the season, with 12 goals from 18 Ligue 1 outings.

Moffi is also a Nigeria international who has won seven Super Eagles caps and scored two goals.

A year ago, Total Football Analysis published an in-depth scouting report about Moffi.

They listed his main strengths as ‘intelligent offensive movement, positioning, powerful running ability and strength’.

‘Moffi is not a target man but an excellent provider of offensive depth,’ they wrote.

‘He scores most of his goals after being played through behind the backline and allowed to run off the defender’s shoulder.

‘However, his off-the-ball movement and ability to position himself well in the box, in general, is impressive. And he’s also good at providing a crossing threat, both for low and high crosses when his team is in the final third.

‘As a result, I feel Moffi has plenty of skills to suit different styles of play as a centre-forward and finisher, though you’d probably lean more towards a counter-attacking style.’

On Twitter, fans have compared Moffi’s style of play to the likes of Romelu Lukaku and Didier Drogba.

https://tbrfootball.com/report-club-rea ... side-ings/