Paqueta

Chat about anything football related here!

Paqueta

Post by 9898 »

What a signing.
Could go on to be one of the best PL signings this, sunner, if managed correctly.
Signing that will please the non Sky supporters. Real West Ham player.
We could not sign a more talented player.
100% board signing as not Moyes-esque.
Huge, huge respect t to the board.
Let's hope Moyes let's him play with freedom.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

dorsetdano

Re: Paqueta

Post by dorsetdano »

Agree totally that he could and almost certainly will be a class signing. Rubbish about it being a board signing, apart from the fact that they obviously paid for it.

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

"Hammers boss David Moyes added: "Whilst he will need time to adapt, we're excited about adding another proven international to our squad."

maybe see him play around Christmas then ?..its the West Ham way

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

This is him just last season.

Payetesque.

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

I'll reserve judgment until he plays...they all look great on video until we get them...9 goals last season is pretty average for a MF.
You never know maybe when "hes adjusted" he'll come up with the goods and buck the trend at WHU and be one the better buys...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:40 pm I'll reserve judgment until he plays...they all look great on video until we get them...9 goals last season is pretty average for a MF.
You never know maybe when "hes adjusted" he'll come up with the goods and buck the trend at WHU and be one the better buys...
Seems a lot of money to me. Bloke was seen as a failure at A C Milan and was shuffled off to Lyon where he has been since. Like you I'll reserve judgment until he's settled in and played a few games.

But at least Gonzo can carry on creaming his jockeys about the amount of money that's been spent. Let's hope it proves to have been invested wisely, not spunked on duds like has happened so many times before in the club's history.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:28 pm This is him just last season.

Payetesque.

Oh come on Terry a player analysis by video , they could make anyone look brilliant .
Though from what I have read he could be our missing link in a three man midfield , creativity , vision , ability with both feet and doesn't mind getting in amongst it either , maybe Andy could enlighten us even more .

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Clayton wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:58 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:28 pm This is him just last season.

Payetesque.

Oh come on Terry a player analysis by video , they could make anyone look brilliant .
Though from what I have read he could be our missing link in a three man midfield , creativity , vision , ability with both feet and doesn't mind getting in amongst it either , maybe Andy could enlighten us even more .
I can see why some of our fans are sceptical, we will just have to wait and see Clayton.

Pipe smurf

Post by Pipe smurf »

A positive post from Numbers!!! kickimmuts

Amazing signing and I expect big things from him

whufc_crest

Post by 9898 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:55 pm

Seems a lot of money to me. Bloke was seen as a failure at A C Milan and was shuffled off to Lyon where he has been since. Like you I'll reserve judgment until he's settled in and played a few games.

But at least Gonzo can carry on creaming his jockeys about the amount of money that's been spent. Let's hope it proves to have been invested wisely, not spunked on duds like has happened so many times before in the club's history.
Some stupid c#nt on Kumb called Kermit posted this on the same subject. Obviously not you as this post is so subservient and arse kissing to the Kumb elite and we know you're Mr edgy, sweary, dangerous geezer who wouldn't become a whimpering simp just to be acknowledged/liked by the dribbling kumbers.

'Hands up, I confess to knowing very little about Paqueta. My knowledge of French football is confined to watching a 60 minute round up of games every week. So all I've seen of the bloke is a few bits of him when he's played for Lyon.

Obviously I hope he turns out to be the dog's wotsits and has a similar impact to the one Payet had. But I do wonder if all the posters, not just on this site btw, who are proclaiming this as the precursor to West Ham becoming a European powerhouse have actually seen the guy in action. And I don't just mean a few moody clips on you tube.

Or are we seeing the living proof that for some people the size of the fee is the be all and end all ? I'm keeping fingers crossed until he's played a few games before rushing to judgment.'
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."